Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Wayward Terran Frontier - Half way between Dwarf Fortress and FTL  (Read 10094 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Terran Frontier - Half way between Dwarf Fortress and FTL
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »

I was having trouble running the installer, In the end I had to disable my Avast security shields for 10 minutes while it downloads all the files it needs.

Having to do this might turn away alot of potential players.

having said that, its looking awesome, goodluck and keep it up.

TBH Avast is pretty crappy, its up there with whatever is that one they keep trying for me to install.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 01:11:45 pm »

I was having trouble running the installer, In the end I had to disable my Avast security shields for 10 minutes while it downloads all the files it needs.

Having to do this might turn away alot of potential players.

having said that, its looking awesome, goodluck and keep it up.

TBH Avast is pretty crappy, its up there with whatever is that one they keep trying for me to install.

The one Java or Flash try to bundle in? All garbage. Avast went downhill a long time ago.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 01:44:53 pm »

Intrigued for future updates.
How's the multiplayer at the moment? Is it viable to actually play with somebody else?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:29:37 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 02:40:33 pm »

Intrigued for future updates.
How's the multiplayer at the moment? Is it viable to actually play with somebody else?
No idea, we will need to setup a meeting between all of us and test it out.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 08:52:22 am »

This might seem to be a stupid question, but how do you board disabled ships? I know it should be by pressing X, but somehow that never works for me (tried doing it before the wave was defeated and after). Also, what to do with broken pieces of equipment?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 09:06:54 am »

I'm surprised nobody has compared the overall graphics feel to SS13.

._.

Daggoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2013, 05:34:13 pm »

Saw this awhile ago, thought it vaped... Definitely PTW.
“I think I've reduced the amount of blood in my caffeine system to an acceptable level.” - Khouri

The Elder Scrolls Online: Klavain - Altmer
Eve Online: Neville Klavain -  Gallente - Miners!

I don't RP female characters unless forced per game, so if you run into a Daggoth or Klavain it is probably me.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2013, 06:13:33 pm »

Off topic, but Avast is actually ahead of almost all the competition when it comes to raw detection rates amongst free AV soft.  Bitdefender + MWB + WinPatrol is my preferred combo.  But Avast would be the alternate choice.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:28:16 pm by thepodger »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 06:35:36 pm »

No Malwarebytes?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 06:52:29 pm »

No Malwarebytes?
Yes. MalwareBytes (MWB) is there. Although, it probably doesn't count, because it isn't really active protection, and its heuristics are built a little differently than traditional av suites.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 07:53:57 pm »

Right.  MWB meant malwarebytes.

Every computer should have malware security in triplicate.  An active AV, a light HIPS, and a pure on demand scan.  A good system would include some sort of software update management like Secunia, and an on-demand low level threat detection program such as combofix.

But we should get back to promoting this game because it looks awesome.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 09:12:10 pm »

Off topic, but Avast is actually ahead of almost all the competition when it comes to raw detection rates amongst free AV soft.  Bitdefender + MWB + WinPatrol is my preferred combo.  But Avast would be the alternate choice.

Yeah, I use Avast.  The key is to configure the damn thing correctly.  Straight-outa-da-download, it's too intrusive.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 12:36:58 am »

Also for those who wish there could be more hull type in the game, i found an easy way if you dont like desining yourself. Starfarer forum has a lot of nice ship sprite from mods you could easily borrow and get in game in matter of a few minutes.

1. Find a mod with a ship you like in and download.
2. Go inside graphic ships and extract the image you want or all of them in a separate folder.
3. Download and install gimp if you dont have it. http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
4. Open up the image you want with gimp, select the bucket tool.
5. Select the bucket tool and set the color to 160 160 160 RGB, (it will become the clean slate you can design uppon.
6. Set the threshold to 255 and the *Fill similar color*
7. Click on the ship it will make it all grey.
8. Go in Image->Canvas Size and increase both number by about 40 and then click center to center up the ship in the alpha panel ( Do it only if there is not enough alpha around the ship since thats where you place shield in the game, if it isnt there, you wont be able to place shields around your ship. )
9. Go in File-> Export and make sure to select the PNG extension and rename it to *somethinglikethatBot* the Bot at the end is very important.

Now open the original again and do the step 9 but change the Bot for Top.

Once its all done open up the game and create a new ship and select any kind of hull it doesnt matter and give it the name you choose without the Top or Bot. Exit the game once complete.

Navigate to the game root folder and go in profile then name of your ship. Change both image there with the image your edited previously.

Fire the game and enjoy your new hull type!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2013, 05:08:08 am »

HM,  I've always called Malwarebytes MBAM.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 08:01:07 am »

Tried the game, okay, it took me 10 minutes to defeat this ship attacking me mostly because i was trying the controls out since i had no idea which was which, so yeah, should have reviewed the controls. Also the other half is that ship was too fast for me to shoot at! it keeps dodging.. *ragequit*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5