Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 54364 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Should have said no.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't remember Rolepgeek ever making this question in a game I played, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

When you're describing results and such, it's a small thing, but could you try to bear in mind where the AC bonuses come from? While, granted, there will still be true misses even against hulking brutes, simply because of screwing up or lucky dodges, most of the time against Celles, for example, attacks will hit...they just won't do anything/penetrate. They'll bash her tower shield, or glance off her armor. Her dogs, being the mutated beasts they are, are similar, though they're more likely to dodge; attacks will likely kinda just scratch the surface/scrape off some of their fur at best(unless the worms have been doing touch attacks, of course). Iron Guard's Glare can be thought of as interfering with attacks by waving a pointy stick, or being a glare that makes opponent's intimidated, with attacks being therefore less forceful, and thus less likely to hit weak points or hit with enough force to do damage.

Just a simple thing, is all, but it helps with suspension of disbelief and immersion.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

It really does. Maybe a list could be made of our primary AC bonuses for ease of writing?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ Rolepgeek.
I think I've done that, but I've slowed down recently. I will do that more in the future, though.
@ Remuthra.
grumblegrumblegrumbleilldothatatsomepointgrumblegrumblegrumblemorepaperworkgrumblegrumblegrumble

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, it doesn't have to be that specific. Just, like, it's pretty obvious Celles gets it from armor and shield, while Gregory, Greghir, and Kemik get it from natural armor. Edrick and Alaris have about as much from Dex as from armor, and Cade has it from...somewhere; 'Misc' doesn't really say much(Mage Armor is an Armor bonus, btw)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I liked it. Disturbs/scares me that these worms have high natural armor bonuses in addition to high attack bonus, but not surprising. Thank you! ^^

I understand if it's more stressful and all, but it also gives us more info; if these worms have been making touch attacks, for example, I'm screwed.

Oh, guys, the nearly dead worm I hit with Leading The Attack still has effectively -4 to it's AC until my next turn...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the feed back! By the way, it is your turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DERP

Kemik is a male dog, by the way.

Goddamn it, I'd forgotten I didn't end up making them sisters.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll now start to use more gender-pronouns, then.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though it doesn't matter thanks to Cade's crit-shot, don't forget Greghir has Combat Reflexes. Unless one of them confuzzled her, she would have gotten some four AoOs, in any case.

EDIT: And don't forget punishing stance! You might not be, I don't know, but Kemik's damage rolls have been on the low side if you've been using the extra damage die(per attack, that is) with Punishing Stance.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:19:16 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Wow, great rolls by Cade there.

Thanks for telling me about that armor bonus stuff. I must have misread that.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: And don't forget punishing stance! You might not be, I don't know, but Kemik's damage rolls have been on the low side if you've been using the extra damage die(per attack, that is) with Punishing Stance.
I think I have, but I have to know, how did your dog learn a Warblade stance?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Er shall we flee? In any case I will shoot it a bit with my crossbow first.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 71