Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 54406 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5 PBP "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread.
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2014, 12:45:27 am »

To tell the truth, I was kinda tempted to play a warblade again. They really are quite fun and they aren't too overpowered to boot!
Incorrect.

Everything is overpowered.
At least as long as level dips are allowed. And you put some elbow grease into it.

Like seriously, soak your character sheet in elbow grease and it becomes 20% more powerful. Trust me.

Example: Warlocks are tier four, compared to Warblade's tier three. Claw-locks, however, do metric shittons of damage(for comparison, my character in another game can theoretically deal 17d6+10 damage(or around thereabouts) 4 times in one round, as a glaivelock. Glaivelocks typically do less damage than clawlocks, because they can't attack as many times or get as much damage stacking. That character is level 10.), possibly surpassed only by some Barbarian builds(not counting spellcasters(invocations aren't spells)). Crusaders can get so very Locking of the Down, that if you do anything, anything at all, you get attacked and your action is screwed over. And if you don't do anything, they still beat the crap out of you for not doing anything. I theorized a monk build in one game(using the current homebrew rules, but the only real important one was that magic items can't be destroyed by conventional means; the rest was just gravy), that had a rate of fire with it's shurikens greater than modern-day assault rifles, they were touch attacks, and you were considered flat-footed(and then add some sneak attack damage in there). I don't know much about Warblades, sadly, but the point is: You can always find some way to get ridiculous. Barbarians can become Battlefield Control with judicious application of Intimidate. Warmages are used for their versatility. And so on. The brokenness of 3.5 is so perverse throughout it that it stops being broken and swings back around to being balanced. Usually. Skill of players and willingness to spend hours scouring for the ways to do so come into play(I can make a single-classes Fighter that can beat the pants off any Wizard, so long as I have some splat books and logic available. Antimagic Rods for arrows)

With these rules, ToB classes are made even better(with the whole Full Attack and Strike at same time thing; I think that's in this game too...).

EDIT: Oh god we don't have a scout...we're going to die so horribly...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2014, 12:51:55 am »

The broken nature of 3.5 is part of the fun. And may have been part of the reason I started that GM Murder game.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2014, 07:27:14 am »

arg it won't let me register on invisible bloody castle and I've just been a bit of an idiot.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:48:12 am by lawastooshort »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2014, 10:09:28 am »

Nat 20 on my first roll? The rest of the game is either going to go really well or really horribly for me

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2014, 10:13:21 am »

By the way, you listed a modifier of ten instead of one on that roll :P.

The guy with spot ranks rolls a 1, then the someone with nothing rolls a 20.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:31 pm »

You know Weirdsound...Intelligence 10 isn't stupid...

She sounds like a country bumpkin from on high. This may be what you were going for, but it's giving me mental whiplash. :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2014, 11:57:19 pm »

WS took a Planetwisted thing called 'Distant Minded', which seems well role played here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2014, 11:59:15 pm »

Ohhhhh. In that case, I applaud you sir.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2014, 12:15:08 am »

You know Weirdsound...Intelligence 10 isn't stupid...

She sounds like a country bumpkin from on high. This may be what you were going for, but it's giving me mental whiplash. :p

It is what I'm going for. She is indeed a cuckoolander to an extent, but she understands alot more than she is letting on. I'd give you a wall of text explaining her motives, but I'm sure you'd much rather discover that stuff IC.

WS took a Planetwisted thing called 'Distant Minded', which seems well role played here.

That is also part of it as well.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »

Hmm. Mythweavers seems to be down for me. Is it for everyone else?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2014, 04:20:09 pm »

Yep.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 04, 2014, 08:10:46 pm »

Okay, the big flying murdery guy is covered in detectable pheromones and out of my reach. Who would be the next best teamate to make invisible?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:25 pm »

Maybe Celles, or Alaris? I'm just going to traipse around out of good crossbow range for a while and beat up wasps until they finally stop bothering me, so your best bet would be to make an assault while the crossbows and such are distracted.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71