Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331028 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #645 on: July 14, 2015, 02:56:01 pm »

Anybody know of some kind of real time tactics (but strategy's cool too) game that lets you deploy actual hundreds of troops, represented as such- or at least better than the common thing where battles have maybe a hundred soldiers? Total War sort of does this, but I'd rather have it to a greater extent.

Bonus points if it's fantasy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 14, 2015, 03:23:16 pm »

Dominions 4 is the thing for that if you've got plenty of free time and don't care much about graphics.

Other than that, Total War is pretty much the king when it comes to large-scale battles.  Medieval 2 total war has a detailed Lord of the Rings mod.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 14, 2015, 05:42:46 pm »

Anybody know of some kind of real time tactics (but strategy's cool too) game that lets you deploy actual hundreds of troops, represented as such- or at least better than the common thing where battles have maybe a hundred soldiers? Total War sort of does this, but I'd rather have it to a greater extent.

Planetary Annihilation. From what I know, thousands of troops are also a possibility.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 14, 2015, 05:48:53 pm »

Dominions 4 +1  (massive cool battles, with lots of magic if you want)
Edit: deep and complex alarm... and yes you need free time
btw this game is ruining my thesis...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:00:23 pm by pondicherry »
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 14, 2015, 06:22:33 pm »

Planetary Annihilation. From what I know, thousands of troops are also a possibility.
Augh, just go with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.  Its the same basic thing but more polished, more balanced, and it has multiple factions and a single-player campaign (albiet one that won't make too much sense story wise on account of it being a standalone expansion).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 14, 2015, 06:30:47 pm »

I'm looking for a game where you can commit subterfuge, like pitting two forces/or people (small scale or larger is fine) against one another.. The ability to sabotage a force from the inside would be cool as well, or a building or what have you.. Basically I'm looking for a game where you can manipulate people and/or events  to your own ends and no one's the wiser for it.

Thanks!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 14, 2015, 07:57:41 pm »

I'm looking for a game where you can commit subterfuge, like pitting two forces/or people (small scale or larger is fine) against one another.. The ability to sabotage a force from the inside would be cool as well, or a building or what have you.. Basically I'm looking for a game where you can manipulate people and/or events  to your own ends and no one's the wiser for it.

Thanks!

Drox operative?
You play as a freelance merc with only one objective. be allied to the last civilization (or allience) standing.
It allows pretty much what you describe. You can steal tech. Sic one civ on another (you play as a lone ship while the AI basically plays a 4x strategy game) and generally have a jolly time watching the turmoil. Again your only objective is being friends with the last civ standing... failing that you can try wiping the civ out singlehandedly but you have a time limit once there is only 1 civ remaining.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 15, 2015, 04:25:10 pm »

Thanks!

Drox operative?
You play as a freelance merc with only one objective. be allied to the last civilization (or allience) standing.
It allows pretty much what you describe. You can steal tech. Sic one civ on another (you play as a lone ship while the AI basically plays a 4x strategy game) and generally have a jolly time watching the turmoil. Again your only objective is being friends with the last civ standing... failing that you can try wiping the civ out singlehandedly but you have a time limit once there is only 1 civ remaining.

Yup, I played the shit out of that game and then never picked it up again. The newness kind of worn off once I realized your level is kind of meaningless.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 15, 2015, 08:13:04 pm »

Thanks!

Drox operative?

Yup, I played the shit out of that game and then never picked it up again. The newness kind of worn off once I realized your level is kind of meaningless.
Well you are capped at lvl 100 and enemies go a bit above that level. At that point you are expected to atomize your ship components.
And while the levels are mostly meaningless the core of the game is pitting civs against one another and watching the fireworks.

But aside of drox you can also try mount and blade and maybe starsector once diplomacy is fully modelled in.
However in both you will likely have to invest a large ammount of time to be capable of starting wars and whatnot.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 16, 2015, 06:41:08 am »

Thanks!

I haven't played it yet, but isn't that pretty much The Last Federation's sales pitch? You're a space hydra attempting to unite a warring star system. Odds are you'll have to off one or two of the inhabiting races to make it happen.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 16, 2015, 08:59:21 am »

Alexander was a surprisingly solid game. Give it a go.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 16, 2015, 12:32:24 pm »

Requesting ALL* rts or 4x games on space that are full 3d like homeword.

*Since I am having a ultra hard time to find this, I assume there arent alot of them and that is the reason I am asking for all.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 16, 2015, 03:46:31 pm »

Thanks!

Drox operative?

Well you are capped at lvl 100 and enemies go a bit above that level. At that point you are expected to atomize your ship components.
And while the levels are mostly meaningless the core of the game is pitting civs against one another and watching the fireworks.

But aside of drox you can also try mount and blade and maybe starsector once diplomacy is fully modelled in.
However in both you will likely have to invest a large ammount of time to be capable of starting wars and whatnot.

Yeah mount and blade (warband with mods) is one of my favorite games for this very reason, and the deep simulation aspects.. Never played starsector though.

I haven't played it yet, but isn't that pretty much The Last Federation's sales pitch? You're a space hydra attempting to unite a warring star system. Odds are you'll have to off one or two of the inhabiting races to make it happen.

Yeah I played it for a while, I should pick it back up again.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 16, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »

I'm looking for a good RTS game, the more MMO the better. I'm willing to pay some money but not much (At very most 20$) and preferably no subscription fees.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 16, 2015, 05:50:07 pm »

I'm looking for a good RTS game, the more MMO the better. I'm willing to pay some money but not much (At very most 20$) and preferably no subscription fees.

Try Dawn of Fantasy. Only MMO RTS I have played, wasn't too disappointed, I just wish dwarves was a race. The RTS battles are in cities or battlefields generated based on where your armies clash.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 179