Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331354 times)

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1185 on: August 03, 2016, 06:33:31 pm »

Assume you are all over the UFO After-X games which had teams, skills, Tech trees, one of them had cyborgs and Aliens and levelling your operatives with mutilple classes which was great.

Only problem they were very long and battles bit samey after a while.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 10, 2016, 01:29:26 am »

Any good trading sims playable on a Mac OS X?  Anything from old-school civ type trading games to modern entrepreneurship games.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 11, 2016, 04:28:49 am »

I want a nice, simple, free game that can be played with just the mouse. Nice to look at, doesn't need much attention paid to it, and I imagine it should have some form of exploration to it.

Also, this is probably a pointless request as such a simple game would not have them much effort put into it, but enough random content that it can constantly provide new experiences.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 11, 2016, 04:32:46 am »

Ever tried desktop dungeons? Bit complex perhaps, but quite nice.
One wheel short of a wagon

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 11, 2016, 06:48:29 am »

I want a nice, simple, free game that can be played with just the mouse. Nice to look at, doesn't need much attention paid to it, and I imagine it should have some form of exploration to it.

Also, this is probably a pointless request as such a simple game would not have them much effort put into it, but enough random content that it can constantly provide new experiences.
Fallout shelter?  Pretty sure you never need to touch a keyboard in that and it's on computer now.
Nom nom nom

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 11, 2016, 07:04:32 am »

Progress Quest. Type in some initial info and then it's entirely mouse-driven. Lots of random content, and requires very little interaction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 11, 2016, 07:35:40 am »

Progress quest has clickable stuff?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 11, 2016, 08:38:46 am »

There are scroll bars and an "x" button, so yes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 11, 2016, 01:30:40 pm »

A Dark Room is a really good exploration game, though I'm pretty sure it's not very randomized, so not great for multiple playthroughs. But, as far as I remember, it only uses the mouse.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 11, 2016, 03:29:00 pm »

Desktop dungeons costs money, I've already played all the others suggested so it feels repetitive.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 15, 2016, 05:41:41 am »

Have any decent space-sandboxes come out since X3?

The ArchWing missions in Warframe lately have left me wanting to laser asteroids for ore.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 15, 2016, 11:27:12 am »

Starbound hit 1.0, but has little relation with X3 etc.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 15, 2016, 10:18:20 pm »

As somebody who's never played Animal Crossing, what is the appeal of the series? I've seen enough webcomics, videos and references to be mildly curious and I'm wondering what the game's like before I pick up a copy to try it out.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1198 on: August 15, 2016, 10:53:14 pm »

I've tried getting into it a few times and I have no idea.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 15, 2016, 11:17:33 pm »

Have any decent space-sandboxes come out since X3?

There's Elite Dangerous, and depending on your definition of "decent" and of "sandbox", there's also No Man's Sky.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 179