Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 331340 times)

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1170 on: July 15, 2016, 09:03:52 am »

I want a game where you can cut through a bunch of weak enemies, fitting the phrase "like wheat to the scythe". I want to be outnumbered hundred times over and be able to win.

Serious Sam BFE, Painkiller Black, Orcs Must Die!, Ziggurat.

For tacitical games pretty much any roguelike/lite.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 22, 2016, 04:45:03 pm »

Any survival with a "ruined post-apocalyptic world" theme, where you can explore the vestiges of modern society? Like Borderlands, but with more focus on survival and exploration.
Preferably something like Cataclysm:DDA (but more graphical) or Last of Us(but for PC)?

Just something to zone out after a frustrating day, and appreciate the destruction of society.

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 23, 2016, 03:51:35 am »

Any survival with a "ruined post-apocalyptic world" theme, where you can explore the vestiges of modern society? Like Borderlands, but with more focus on survival and exploration.
Preferably something like Cataclysm:DDA (but more graphical) or Last of Us(but for PC)?

Just something to zone out after a frustrating day, and appreciate the destruction of society.

Neo Scavenger?

http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248860/

Not a pretty game, however.

Um, also there's 35mm.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/466500/

Which I just noticed I own but have never played. I bought it last month, on a Friday... so probably drunk. It has the "walking simulator" tag on Steam, but mostly positive reviews. Doesn't look like it's particularly long.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an exploration based game that leaves procedurally-generated ruins dotted around a map to explore. Something kinda like Ultima Ratio Regum but wrapped inside a survival game like 7 Days to Die.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:08:34 am by frightlever »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 23, 2016, 04:12:15 am »

I want a game where you can cut through a bunch of weak enemies, fitting the phrase "like wheat to the scythe". I want to be outnumbered hundred times over and be able to win.

Median:XL for Diablo 2, perhaps.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 24, 2016, 06:56:58 am »

Any Dynasty Warriors game and its themed offshoots.

Hyrule Warriors being a particular standout, if you have a wii-u or the new 3DS.

Why the new 3DS? AFAIK the old 3DS can read Amiibos with a peripheral.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 24, 2016, 08:22:25 am »

Any Dynasty Warriors game and its themed offshoots.

Hyrule Warriors being a particular standout, if you have a wii-u or the new 3DS.

Why the new 3DS? AFAIK the old 3DS can read Amiibos with a peripheral.
Because the old 3DS shits itself and dies has severe difficulties whenever you run the game. FPS drops, graphical glitches, the lot.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 24, 2016, 08:48:35 am »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 24, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

I need something new. I've been playing Fallout in my limited spare time since it came out, finished it twice and its time to put it down.

I enjoy 4x/RTS games like Jagged Alliance, RPG like Baldurs Gate and co, plus the Bethesda open world games, obviously. I'd like something new and interesting, not too expensive, and ideally able to be played on Surface Pro 2.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 25, 2016, 12:31:09 am »

try Undertale, Sunless Sea, or Bioshock: Infinite. Something different, should all be relatively inexpensive (especially if on sale) and very rewarding in terms of emotional pay off.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 25, 2016, 12:56:59 am »

I'll try undertale. Enjoy bio inf but sunless sea had some winning formula I just didn't understand.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 26, 2016, 03:58:23 pm »

Has anybody here tried Angband or its variants? Why would you recommend it? I've played a little of ZangbandTK today, currently making my way deeper into the dungeon near the town where you first appear. I play as a dwarf warrior, and it goes pretty dull so far, for the levels seem too featureless, and enemies are too mundane. Not really much to look at by this point, though I appreciate the interface and graphics (as compared to Nethack, they both look really nice).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:01:06 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 27, 2016, 01:04:31 am »

Angband is what actually introduced me to the roguelike genre, and it is indeed, one of its mainstays. Literally kind of everything is derived from Angband in one way or another! Try all the different variants, many are fun in their own zany ways, and they're all fun dungeon crawls.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 27, 2016, 02:06:45 pm »

You could also try TomeNET, which is a kind-of multiplayer active-time kind-of version of ToME2. However, while some things are better, other things are different. Especially getting used to things happening in real time. (There's also less opportunity, I feel, to deliberately create OP characters like the kind you could make in ToME2).

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 03, 2016, 12:17:33 pm »

I'm looking for a "completed" game, not something that is early access. 

I want a survival type game that does not have a soft cap on population or the number of survivors I can have in my group. 

I want the characters / survivors that I can invest my time on. 
Similar to Dwarfs in Dwarf Fortress in terms that each can learn in any skill they work on.
But not game over when one dies.

I want some plot that I can get in on, be it zombie, or virus, or world ending aftermath.  Or at least plot to give directions to a game goal / ending, with the option to continue or at least have the survivors become characters in new games.

I don't want First Person perspective / view, and prefer isometric views.  I don't want top view only, or game board view only either. 

I want on some "tech tree" where whatever I build / craft can be used to upgrade to the next tech / tier. 

I don't want unbalanced or too spread of a tech tree, especially when modding allows.  I feel that too much modded stuff with similar functions are distracting, or too much info for little reward for the time learning it.

Games I like. 
Project Zomboid - but I want more than 1 character. 
RimWorld - it's ok, but the plot is shallow; mods are nice, but takes research and time to figure out if the mod is good. 

In terms of combat, I prefer turn-based similar to the XCOM (circa 2012?), and I would not mind using Turn Units as in the old XCOM circa 1980s.

Turn based combat similar to Divinity (Original Sin?) is ok too.  I like how oil based magic is enhanced with fire magic; and I think poison based is neutralized or diminished by water magic.  So a similar damage type affected by other damage types.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 03, 2016, 03:38:37 pm »

Sanctume I would like that game too!
We're on the same boat.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 179