Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: any thing I might want to checkout? SOLVED  (Read 4274 times)

blazing glory

any thing I might want to checkout? SOLVED
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:41:14 pm »

No matter what I do no games entertain me for long they all just seem so boring

ps I'm 13 so I can't go get a life
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:11:03 am by blazing glory »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: any thing I might want to checkout?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:46:42 pm »

ANNO - Any game of the series.

Mount And Blade: Warband + Floris mod.

GTA - Any game from the series.

TF2 - Because why the hell not?

War Thunder - -||-

World of Tanks - -||-
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:51:48 pm »

We had a thread like this a while ago. What it boiled down to: games are entertainment. If you're not entertained, don't play. Do something else.

If you're just looking for other styles of games to pique you're interest, it would help to know what types of games you're bored of. It would be foolish of me to recommend KOTOR if you're burned out on RPGs for example.

All that said, Thief is pretty great.

blazing glory

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »

ANNO - Any game of the series.

Mount And Blade: Warband + Floris mod.

GTA - Any game from the series.

TF2 - Because why the hell not?

War Thunder - -||-

World of Tanks - -||-

ANNO.I don't really like stratagy games

mount and blade warband+floris mod.got the game but hate mods cause they are all bad textures and stuff

GTA.I pointed out I am 13 I doubt I could con my parents into letting me get 18+ rated games

TF2,War Thunder,World of Tanks.My parents seem to think every one who plays on a MMO is a nazi pedophile devil worshiper

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 08:59:51 pm »

I think you have bigger issues than just finding interesting games...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:01:00 pm »

Yeah, no wonder you get bored. You dislike or can't access a ton of cool games.

Tried Torchlight II or other action rpgs? That's T rated or lower, I think :I

blazing glory

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:13:12 pm »

We had a thread like this a while ago. What it boiled down to: games are entertainment. If you're not entertained, don't play. Do something else.

If you're just looking for other styles of games to pique you're interest, it would help to know what types of games you're bored of. It would be foolish of me to recommend KOTOR if you're burned out on RPGs for example.

All that said, Thief is pretty great.

A RPG would be great only good luck trying to find one that 1 does not have magic (parents don't like that either) 2 is not a MMORPG 3 is below 14 rated all that said I have played both knight's of the old republic games so good luck finding another KOTOR RPG

as for Thief if I found the game your suggesting then the graphics don't look too good I only like games with either really good graphics or no graphics (aka ascii)

right I will try to see common points between all my games let's see... I have terraria starbound KSP and minecraft so that's creativity games crossed out I have XCOM enemy unknown+enemy within and expeditions conquistador that's strategy games crossed out and finally I have portal 1 portal 2 and Legend of grimrock so that's puzzel games crossed out.

blazing glory

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 09:14:24 pm »

Tried Torchlight II or other action rpgs? That's T rated or lower, I think :I

parents don't like magic so that's the majority of rpgs crossed out also monsters=magic
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:16:00 pm by blazing glory »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:39 pm »

Just play World of tanks and tell them it's single player.
From what i can make out your parents probably aren't that sharp.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 09:22:55 pm »

any thing I might want to checkout?
Crime and Punishment -  Fyodor Dostoyevsky; every paragraph is a piece of art, with even greater overarching beauty, but this makes it pretty dense
John Dies at the End - David Wong; easy to read, hard to put down; amusing, suspenseful, great flow - one of my most widely recommended books
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky; deals with light and heavy issues in a stimulating way; also a rather easy read
House of Leaves - Mark Z Danielewski; set up in documentary format with extremely strange and variable formatting; three or four stories may be going on at the same time; must-read if you love footnotes
Beyond Good and Evil: Prelude to a Philosophy of the Future - Friedrich Nietzsche; very interesting philosophy, and more engaging than most, though if you haven't read any philosophy before you might want to look up some basic readings on the internet
The Singularity is Near - Ray Kurzweil; nonfiction about the advance of technology; it's not technical, so you don't need much previous knowledge; has a lot of really neat ideas about computers and robots as well as the current human body; something you'll want to read in bits and pieces, not run through cover to cover, most likely
Most of these are popular enough that you can find them at your local library, and if not, all but a couple can be purchased more cheaply than many of the other recommendations in this thread.

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 09:34:22 pm »

Just play World of tanks and tell them it's single player.
From what i can make out your parents probably aren't that sharp.

Bah I don't really need to play world of tanks I play mechwarrior online (half the time parents arn't in the house and instead 18+ year old brother is and he don't really care) and when you play one MMO you sorta play them all (okay that's sorta a lie there's a difference between MMORPG and a MMO shooter but I bet world of tanks isn't that different from MWO

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »

GTA.I pointed out I am 13 I doubt I could con my parents into letting me get 18+ rated games
But you got them to buy you XCOM?

Maybe the Star Ocean games? I think their magic is justified as technology.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

blazing glory

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 09:41:29 pm »

any thing I might want to checkout?
Crime and Punishment -  Fyodor Dostoyevsky; every paragraph is a piece of art, with even greater overarching beauty, but this makes it pretty dense
John Dies at the End - David Wong; easy to read, hard to put down; amusing, suspenseful, great flow - one of my most widely recommended books
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky; deals with light and heavy issues in a stimulating way; also a rather easy read
House of Leaves - Mark Z Danielewski; set up in documentary format with extremely strange and variable formatting; three or four stories may be going on at the same time; must-read if you love footnotes
Beyond Good and Evil: Prelude to a Philosophy of the Future - Friedrich Nietzsche; very interesting philosophy, and more engaging than most, though if you haven't read any philosophy before you might want to look up some basic readings on the internet
The Singularity is Near - Ray Kurzweil; nonfiction about the advance of technology; it's not technical, so you don't need much previous knowledge; has a lot of really neat ideas about computers and robots as well as the current human body; something you'll want to read in bits and pieces, not run through cover to cover, most likely
Most of these are popular enough that you can find them at your local library, and if not, all but a couple can be purchased more cheaply than many of the other recommendations in this thread.

I don't need a local libary I have my kindle and I already entertaining book but I don't want to read all day

blazing glory

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 09:45:28 pm »

But you got them to buy you XCOM?

Maybe the Star Ocean games? I think their magic is justified as technology.

I can thank my 18+ brother for XCOM he convinced them that it's not all that gory (seeing how it isn't)

I don't see anything saying it's technology

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 09:48:05 pm »

http://www.mobygames.com/

It's hard for people to offer decent suggestions when you're so limited by what you can play. Moby Games is one of the most robust game databases I've ever seen, and I think you'd have a lot better luck utilizing it's search definitions to find something that appeals to you.
Pages: [1] 2 3