Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: evil god worship  (Read 2733 times)

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
evil god worship
« on: December 02, 2013, 03:02:01 pm »

Arright now. I always look through my embark dwarves. I thought it was a little weird that, among the other normal gods of jewels, fortresses etc., a few of them worshipped the God of lies. Then I came to my miner. She worships nokor tombfatal. He takes the form of a ROTTING DWARF and is associated with truth suicide and death.....ahkay not to mention every single one of them worship Os fogmists....the God of lies.....but on the other end, my expedition leader worships tamol lostowl the God of moon sky sun day light justice laws and oaths....talk about contrast. And the rotting dwarf God has two necromancers and a were wolf worshipping him. Should I be concerned? XD now I think im gonna make two fortresses led by the dwarf that worships the creepy God and the dwarf that worships the good God. And make them ar war and all. On that note can I hurt my dwarfed with ballistae? Or make one side attack another? There will be a wall seperating them.
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: evil god worship
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »

Unfortunately the only way I can think of is a controlled loyalty cascade once you've got everything all set up, and that's a hell of a gamble. There may be some kind of DFhack black magic plugin that lets you change a dwarf's allegiance, but I have very little experience in that field.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:17:51 pm »

Ah. Too bad....hehe, maybe the dwarves can burrow onto the other side and cause cave ins >:)
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 03:18:14 pm »

controlled loyalty cascade

Erm, good luck.

I'd advocate trying to find a DFHack loyalty plugin of some kind. Controlling a loyalty cascade sounds... difficult... to say the least.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 03:41:37 pm »

I dunno I will think of something. Each side will make a shrine to the main God. The evil one will have blood sacrifices and corpses and the good one will have gems, ore, and criminals/enemies sacrificed.
EDIT: oh my God the evil God worshipper and the good God worshippe dwarved ARE IN LOVE! THIS WILL NOT DO I gotta get that wall up fast.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:48:07 pm by Urist McLaptop »

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:31:59 pm »

I dunno I will think of something. Each side will make a shrine to the main God. The evil one will have blood sacrifices and corpses and the good one will have gems, ore, and criminals/enemies sacrificed.
EDIT: oh my God the evil God worshipper and the good God worshippe dwarved ARE IN LOVE! THIS WILL NOT DO I gotta get that wall up fast.
That doesn't seem very good to me.  :)  One thing that went ignored from the original post: ballistae will kill dwarves (without the loyalty cascade).
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:59 pm »

YEAH BABY!  And they only sacrifice evil creatures -_-. But now the little Butts wont wake up!

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 04:42:40 pm »

Unfortunately the only way I can think of is a controlled loyalty cascade once you've got everything all set up, and that's a hell of a gamble. There may be some kind of DFhack black magic plugin that lets you change a dwarf's allegiance, but I have very little experience in that field.
This might be the way to go.  Somehow create a new dwarf civilization, move the evil god dwarfs to that civ, then make it declare war against your embark civ.
Lots of DFHack scripts, maybe an expert in that area can say if this is even possible.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 04:55:24 pm »

I suck at it. I have their speed set to 0 and I read that can make them sleep a long time.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 07:07:07 pm »

Since you are already modding, just slap on [nosleep] and [nostun].

Dwarves will NEVER sleep after that, even when they should fall unconcious.
(No, there isn't a tag to disable parties... at least not that I know of.)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »

There are no evil gods.  Gods are beyond the scope of mortal morality.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 08:05:06 pm »

Indeed, I prefer "ethically ambiguous" myself. Gods simply are; how mortals percieve them is not important (to the gods).

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 09:52:46 pm »

The two gods are not necessarily in opposition. Death may lead to judgment (and vice versa). truth is important to laws and oaths. Suicide is best by moonlight (ok that one's a stretch).

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »

What problem do you have with the god of lies? The worst that'll happen is your broker gets you extra supplies by selling the local bridge to the merchants.
Also, rotting is a perfectly natural part of a dwarf's life, right after mutilation and before reanimation, and I refuse to believe that a god who supports bringing a hammerer on someone for failing to make a bucket for a noble is a "good" god.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 06:40:18 am »

I forgot im on the dwarf fortress forums XD
Pages: [1] 2