Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58641 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Understood madam.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

"Ill take the XMT and return this one then. Thanks.
Any new jobs?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

- I'm sorry, miss McGaw, but wasn't all the fuss of inviting me in to translate your negotiations?
Chester grins, approaches the doors confidently and knocks them pretty hard, considering his service exoskeleton under his longcoat. He yells:
 - Здорово, православные! Есть кто дома?

((If you can show me how to add the text which only appears when cursor is above the certain word, I can add translations for OOC understanding))

((Whoops. I thought you were an NPC...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

((I don't even know how I should react to such a proclamation. Really. Nothing to be offended with, as well as nothing pleasant.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

(( Well it's a leg, once it's designed all I have to do is make cosmetic change for the opposite leg. I'm not going on the trip just wanted to deliver the message. ))
((So, do you want me to edit the turn so you stay home to design your leg bits?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yeah, I'm not going to the Russians I have work to do, the Legs and the AI. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Will's turn is now up.))

- I'm sorry, miss McGaw, but wasn't all the fuss of inviting me in to translate your negotiations?
Chester grins, approaches the doors confidently and knocks them pretty hard, considering his service exoskeleton under his longcoat. He yells:
 - Здорово, православные! Есть кто дома?

((If you can show me how to add the text which only appears when cursor is above the certain word, I can add translations for OOC understanding))

You hammer on the gate pretty hard, but nobody answers, even though the sound of you putting dents into wood can be heard at a distance, for sure. Looking up, you see nobody on the walls. What the...
The gate is closed with a large bolt, clearly designed to keep animals rather than people out. You slide it back and push the large gate open.
Well. There are several wooden buildings. four are probably residential, while the low, long one looks more like a warehouse. The ship stands in the center. Everything is rather tidy, and there are no lights in the windows. There's another building, the purpose of which you can't determine, and near the other wall, a stretch of land with wooden crosses arranged on it in several neat rows. The way to the second gate is swept clean of snow - by hover engines, you surmise.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Ill take the XMT and return this one then. Thanks.
Any new jobs?"
A few people come in to take the nutter away. Matveenko hands you the XMT and three mags of ammo, warning you that that's all that's in stock currently. "Jobs? Well, there's still the fact that eight people are missing in the forest with not a peep. And I don't know what'll come up when the docs get done with Markus - bugs that turn you insane make me disconcerted. Besides, there's always preparations for the attack we'll apparently be having - if you have any ideas, you should present them."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

"Allright."
Head to the messhall, get some dinner

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reinforce the leg with armored plates to make it more durable.

Design a pair of eyes with therman, NV, wireless uplink hud and better then 20-20 sight.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:31:53 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- What the...
Take my pistol and make a shot into the air. If no reaction is present, go check out the living buildings.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- What the...
Take my pistol and make a shot into the air. If no reaction is present, go check out the living buildings.
You fire your pistol into the sky. The shot resounds loudly off the walls. Some snow falls off the gate. All is quiet.
Carefully, you approach the closest building. It's a two-story wooden house with a green-painted door, roofed in sheet metal. The windowsills are carved into elaborate shapes; you count fifteen windows lengthwise. Carefully, you tug at the doorknob. It's locked, but the door isn't that strong: you could probably knock it off its hinges.
You look around: the view gives you a momentarily haunting feeling - it's empty, quiet, and tidy. Something about all this feels heart-wrenchingly familiar, but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Reinforce the leg with armored plates to make it more durable.

Design a pair of eyes with therman, NV, wireless uplink hud and better then 20-20 sight.

[6+1] You are suddenly struck with artistic inspiration: while you are fitting the armor plates, you use a laser cutting torch to mold and slice them into fantastic forms: claws, wings, creeping vines. When you are done, the leg looks like a lion's forepaw, only more humanoid. Its fingers are tipped with wicked steel claws, in addition to the retracting blades, and the armor is carved with a complex intermeshing pattern. You never had any idea you could do things like that before.
Making the eyes is easy, since it's essentially the same as Chester's eye, minus the need to match optics. You have a pair ready soon.

"Allright."
Head to the messhall, get some dinner

You head up to the mess. The bartender seems to be sleeping face-first into the bar. You try to shake him awake, but he only gives you a look of narcoleptic indignation and falls asleep again. Shrugging, you squeeze past him into the back room. There are several crates of canned beans, some sweets, a half-finished can of energy drink, various booze, some self-heating cans of soup, and a coffee machine that looks like a cross between a tank and a vacuum cleaner.
Are you feeling enthusiastic yet?
Spoiler: Russian (click to show/hide)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build a second leg of awesomeness, the opposite of the one I already built.

Upload the specs to the sync program into the computer in my brain and delete any other record of it, also upload specs for my weapon arm and this leg and delete records of them as well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:46:14 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"...Somethings wrong.

Chester, come in? Do you need help?"
she asked over his comm-device.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Chester here. Nobody is inside, miss McGaw. Some assistance may be useful, in case of emergency. I mean, I'm entering one of the living buildings right now, and if the next thing you'll hear from me is screams, send more armed guys here.

Bust door open. If brute force is useless, shoot the lock.
Sigs

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Damnit.

Load up, ready to move in.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54