Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58631 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Design a leg out of parts I have available. Make it very strong as well as agile and add a pair of blades to the feet that extend out the front, back and sides. No limiters obviously.

If I finish in time then boot up my computer and start work on designing an AI that can control a human shaped robot. It needs to be capable of functioning at full capacity in control of said robot which has no limiters and needs to be capable of thinking for itself. (( Basically I want the AI to have every scrap of combat programming I can come up with and be capable of learning and adapting. ))
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:22:43 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"Let's waste no more time." McGaw says with finality.

The Doctor seems to pause a moment, as if hearing something, somewhere. She turns to him, running her hand through her copper-red hair in an odd nervous gesture.

"Also, Al-Radi...thank you. I don't think we'd have a chance if you weren't here. And...I know this isn't the time, or the place, or anything close to that, so...if we all get through this alive...would you mind sharing a cup of coffee with me? Don't answer now if you don't want to. But, it might be something to look forward to. We do have a future here. I know this all...sounds ridiculous...coming from me..." She say, stammering.

Action: We're off to see the Russians...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thinking briefly Will wanders outside approaching McGaw.

" Hey clone lady, uhm sorry you still didn't tell me your name. Anyway.

If you see the Russians tell me I solved the prosthetic eye sync problem in less then an hour and I'm willing to share the fix and discuss sharing more of my tech and future advanced with them if they'll help us.

I suspect the sound of advanced prosthetics will appeal to both the soldiers and the civilians.
"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

"Let's go."

Aside to McGaw. PRIVATELY.

"What happened just then? It's like you were listening to an earpiece. Not to mention how your entire demeanour changed like" *snaps fingers* "that."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:41:16 am by Gamerlord »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Through the commlink:
- Sure thing. Will be in auto-bay in 15 minutes, being ready-to-go.
Back to Matveenko:
- Thank you for shotgun. You know, it looks like we are going to visit Yermakov Ostrog. Maybe there is anything we should now before going there?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What happened just then? It's like you were listening to an earpiece. Not to mention how your entire demeanour changed like" *snaps fingers* "that."

"I believe the technical term is memory bleed. I'm getting flashes-scents, feelings, memories-of a life I never lived, the remnants of the genetic memory that was used to construct me. At least I think that is what is happening.

But it's becoming harder to be as focused as I once was. Some of my...buried personality traits, seem to be coming to the surface. It's why most clones, such as myself, don't live longer than 40 or 50 years-quite simple, we break down. Dementia. Psychosis. Early onset senility. They usually let us 'retire' before then-surgical Euthanasia to reclaim all recoverable Organs and genetic matter. If you didn't know, I'm not really a person-or wasn't-I was a piece of property. An investment.

It's all I could hope before they sent me here...

I don't feel sick now, though. There's no voice in my head telling me what to do. I like Al-Radi. I thought it would nice to ask, is all."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Well thats depressing. At least here no one is going to 'decomission' you or anything."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's life.

Now, let's get going."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Lead the way Doctor.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

"Ah, what sorta gun is the XMT? And do you have any GZ-3's lying about?"
"It's a multi-purpose sniper rifle. A bit lighter than the GZ-3, but less powerful and it holds less ammo - 10 rounds versus the GZ-3's twenty. The barrel is shorter, though, and there's a burst fire mode which allows it to fire three rounds at once - makes it handier in close combat.
As for the GZs, yes, I have a few yet."

Markus puts a hand on his forehead and breathes through his mouth.
"Please restrain this idiot," Markus said heavily while gesturing towards the psycho on the floor.
"Put the camp on alert. Exterminate any bugs you see, get the docs to check this guy and the other nutjob. Also, medical attention would be a great idea right now," Markus gets out while stumbling.
((I assume you're going to the medbay, yes?))
You stumble out onto the stairs, and climb up to the medbay, swaying slightly with each step. There's a portly man wearing glasses there, filling an autoclave with shiny surgical equipment. "Yes? What is it?" -he asks, adjusting his spectacles.
[tgh:6] You grit your teeth and ask what the hell does he think it looks like, not bothering to conceal your growing irritation. You are explaining the whole thing about people going insane and weird bugs following you and being bitten and burning up and having this strange urge to just strangle a motherfucker, when he motions you to lie down in the surgery module (which also does x-ray scans and whatever) and takes a few blood samples, then runs a brain scan. He gets a portable NMR spectrometer and inserts the sample. The screen of his computer fills with spectre graphs and suggested formulas for the sample. He blinks in surprise. "Weird... the venom is not a single organic substance. What I'm seeing resembles the products of nanomachine metabolism, in fact. And your brain waves are weird. Like, short directed pulses of activity in the lobes...Why, I think...No." He rubs his forehead with the back of his hand. "You say the bugs are following you? My only hypothesis is that they arrange themselves into a sort of radar-net, so that when one of them bites someone, the rest of them can find that someone. Plus, the victim becomes aggressive, intentionally seeking out other potential victims... You should be out of range, though - the radar is a sort of grid, you see. Requires a bug to three sides of you to home in." He lowers a semicircular array of tools over your head. "Yup. New organ right in your brain - kind of like a beacon. Signals them with radio, also overstimulates parts of your brain to, in theory, produce violent hallucinations... It hasn't settled in yet, so I can stop it from driving you insane, but shutting down the beacon is beyond my abilities - it's like a decentralized net spread through your brain. If only we could get one of those bugs for research..." After a surgical procedure, he lets you out, still muttering to himself. "Have you experienced problems with radio communication while in the forest?"

Through the commlink:
- Sure thing. Will be in auto-bay in 15 minutes, being ready-to-go.
Back to Matveenko:
- Thank you for shotgun. You know, it looks like we are going to visit Yermakov Ostrog. Maybe there is anything we should now before going there?
"Well...Be on your guard. It's a rather large settlement, guessing by our orbital photos - walls and all. It being quiet gives me the shivers."

"Let's waste no more time." McGaw says with finality.

The Doctor seems to pause a moment, as if hearing something, somewhere. She turns to him, running her hand through her copper-red hair in an odd nervous gesture.

"Also, Al-Radi...thank you. I don't think we'd have a chance if you weren't here. And...I know this isn't the time, or the place, or anything close to that, so...if we all get through this alive...would you mind sharing a cup of coffee with me? Don't answer now if you don't want to. But, it might be something to look forward to. We do have a future here. I know this all...sounds ridiculous...coming from me..." She say, stammering.

Action: We're off to see the Russians...
Al-Radi looks slightly off-balance: there might even be a bit of a blush on his face, but his naturally dark skin tone makes it difficult to determine. "Why...I certainly wouldn't mind. So, after you return..? Make sure you do, alright?"
McGaw, Chester, and Sean load up into the new hover, time being of the essence, and set off for Yermakov Ostrog at the highest possible speed. You're going west over the river this time, right along the line of the forest. The jethover skims along smoothly, and soon, the settlement comes into sight.
It's quite magnificent, really - an actual ostrog, meaning a Cossack fortress-town. It has a tall wooden palisade, more than thrice as tall as a man. Inside, you see the ship the SC group arrived in, a solitary silver spire standing in the middle of the town, like the tower of a town hall. There are two sturdy wooden gates in the palisade; they appear to be closed. The forest to the north of the town has been cut down.

((Hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Sean still has the trophy battlesuit, and Will has the antimatter bomb.))
((Edit: Will's turn))

Design a leg out of parts I have available. Make it very strong as well as agile and add a pair of blades to the feet that extend out the front, back and sides. No limiters obviously.

If I finish in time then boot up my computer and start work on designing an AI that can control a human shaped robot. It needs to be capable of functioning at full capacity in control of said robot which has no limiters and needs to be capable of thinking for itself. (( Basically I want the AI to have every scrap of combat programming I can come up with and be capable of learning and adapting. ))
[4+1] It's easy, really. Humming to yourself, you assemble a variety of bits, and start putting the leg together. Soon, you're done. The result is a long, grey plastic-plated limb with an extension system in the sole. The system pushes the sole down, and extends a set of whirring, slicing blades at ankle-level. The lack of limiters is slightly disconcerting. Hehe. Hehehe.
You recover from your fit of the giggles and get to designing a combat AI. Unsurprisingly, you don't get very far: the problem with situation assessment remains, and adaptation by randomization of actions isn't going to work out: you need it to survive on its own, and not as a population. Though you do manage to write a rather useful program for storing tactical data for future use.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:56:06 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( You forgot me :P. ))
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

(( You forgot me :P. ))
((Ahcrap. Your leg thingy? It's just that you appeared right next to McGaw so suddenly, I thought you decided to go right away. I can edit it in, though I'm warning you that having one leg without limiters just plain isn't going to work. You'll trip all over yourself, since one of your legs will always move faster than the other.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Their legacy for industry seems to have followed them...

I will go ahead first on foot-if they don't turn me into water vapor within a hundred feet, then perhaps I can negotiate us three inside. Keep away-they've likely got weapons trained on the hover as we speak."
She says, hopping out of the hover and pulling up her parka.

Action: Approach the palisade gates with arms raised and...knock?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Well it's a leg, once it's designed all I have to do is make cosmetic change for the opposite leg. I'm not going on the trip just wanted to deliver the message. ))
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

- I'm sorry, miss McGaw, but wasn't all the fuss of inviting me in to translate your negotiations?
Chester grins, approaches the doors confidently and knocks them pretty hard, considering his service exoskeleton under his longcoat. He yells:
 - Здорово, православные! Есть кто дома?

((If you can show me how to add the text which only appears when cursor is above the certain word, I can add translations for OOC understanding))
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:16:34 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54