Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58899 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #345 on: December 12, 2013, 06:30:21 pm »

Night vision mode investigation time. Stay close to the guys with the guns.
Bring up rear.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 12, 2013, 06:31:12 pm »

"Moshe, get ready to blast this thing if needed!"
Reel it in and stabbity stabbity.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 13, 2013, 09:41:07 am »

I'm lighting one of my matches to find where the hell exo's lamp is turned on, then turn it on. Then go forth.
You light a match, then figure out that the light is actually mounted on your shoulder where the exoskeleton's bracing mirrors your own collarbone, and flip it on. The electrode on your throat registers the movement of your head, turning the lamp to follow your line of sight.
You see that the inner walls are covered in scaffolding, with pods mounted on it at about two-meter intervals. Aside from the pods, it's empty here. There's a door into the ship proper, but it's probably shut.

With a touch to the side of your glasses, you turn the night vision on. You see rows and rows of pods, mounted on rectangular scaffolding. There are protrusions on the outer walls: cutting charges, probably, for launching the outer layer away during drop.
The scaffolding supporting the pods is bent and twisted slightly - it wasn't designed with twenty gees of deceleration in mind. However, the pods seem to be holding up, [observation:5] even though the ones in the upper layers seem to be piling on top of each other. The whole affair looks rather unstable, but it probably won't come crashing sown just yet.

Turn on my glasses then look for the nearest pod. See if the person is still inside. Have my guns ready.
As the night vision mode comes on, you see that there is a pod just next to you. You ready your guns, holding your hands forward and out, then approach slowly.
Nothing jumps out at you.
You investigate the pod's door. It seems to be open. Strange. You pull it ajar and look inside. The darkness is too complete for your goggles to penetrate, but you catch the distinctive sickly-sweet scent of spilled stasis fluid.

Bring up rear.
You and Williams flank Kathryn, the lamps on your rifles casting bright rays of light on scaffold joints, curving pod sides, and each other. You see nothing suspicious, though the atmosphere is certainly oppressive.

"Moshe, get ready to blast this thing if needed!"
Reel it in and stabbity stabbity.
[1] You pull yourself closer to the great beast, swinging your knife at it like a madman, but it only leaves a few shallow cuts - you can see yellowish fat where its skin splits beneath the blade - before the creature rips a flipper through the ice, sending you flying towards your companion with a slap. [toughness:3] Your head impacts the ice solidly, and your vision darkens, but you manage to stop yourself from passing out. Your knife skids away, knocked out of your hand.
[2] Moshe swears and takes aim at the dolphin-whale, but your body impacts his legs, pushing him off-balance, and the shots go wide.
[dolphin:5] Your enemy twitches with its whole body, sending great cracks through the ice in your direction. It's almost free.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 13, 2013, 09:43:23 am »

Stick with others.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 13, 2013, 09:51:30 am »

There's a door into the ship proper, but it's probably shut.
There are protrusions on the outer walls: cutting charges, probably, for launching the outer layer away during drop.
- It looks like we have to unlock that door over there to move on. Will could try to do that, or we can get a piece of these charges that were supposed to kick off the outer layer and make it loud. Anyway, we should mind that here we can get some explosives.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:39:40 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 13, 2013, 10:51:45 am »

"I'll try it first and see what I can do.

Attempt to force the door open, check if it has power first to open it normally.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 13, 2013, 10:59:45 am »

"No! No no no no! Kill it quick!"

REEL IT IN AND STABBITY STABBITY ONCE AGAIN.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 13, 2013, 03:18:03 pm »

"I'll try it first and see what I can do.

Attempt to force the door open, check if it has power first to open it normally.
Stick with others.
You lift your goggles and check the door panel while Sean holds his light on it, and swear loudly. Also melted: you're beginning to smell something fishy about the whole affair.
[4]Now, this door is stronger than the outer one, being rated to actually survive the ship's screaming descent, but you still manage to put a few rather sizable dents in it. Not much more, though.

"No! No no no no! Kill it quick!"

REEL IT IN AND STABBITY STABBITY ONCE AGAIN.
((I dunno what you mean by "reel it in" since it's a lot larger than you and stuck in the ice, but...))
[6][2] You leap for your knife and scoop it up, then charge the dolphin-thing, screaming bloody murder. Sliding past it, you open a large gash in its side - it doesn't seem to have done much except enrage it, though. It roars and gets at least another meter of its length above the ice, just as Moshe steadies his aim [5] and puts an armor-piercing round right between its eyes. [5] It starts to topple on the place where you were a second ago, but you're already rolling out of the way.
The huge creature lies dead on the ice, the lower half of its body still stuck in the hole, still twitching irregularly.
"Bloody fuck. You ever get things like that in America?"
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 13, 2013, 03:24:23 pm »

Now, this door is stronger than the outer one, being rated to actually survive the ship's screaming descent, but you still manage to put a few rather sizable dents in it. Not much more, though.
- Well, let's blow it up then.
Go check if i can remove some explosives from kick-off charges.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »

Begin digging a mine near the encampment

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 13, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »

Markus gets up, dusting off his parka and getting his stuff in order.

"Bigger than that, actually. Think killer whales. Then again, I did have a family of little buggers to help me take the beasts down. This is good, though; should suffice for now until we can get something larger to transport our findings in. Good work, that was top-notch shooting. Not that I've really used a rifle though, I prefer a blade myself."
Carry the smaller of the fishes, with Moshe carrying the larger one, and head back to the camp.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »

Search the room for a.control panel to bring up the ship's log to see what happened.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 14, 2013, 09:53:03 am »

((Fyi! Going without internet for some time while I move into my new apartment. Feel free to auto me doing non-stupid things.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 14, 2013, 01:11:15 pm »

(( Does shaving your head to steal your DNA from hair count as stupid? ))
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 14, 2013, 01:28:12 pm »

(( Does shaving your head to steal your DNA from hair count as stupid? ))
((If you'd ask me, it is))
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54