Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58788 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2013, 09:59:33 am »

((I don't think he came with us, and he's off line anyway))

"Well, this should be simple, right? We need to jump start the door-enough power to open it. Let's use the spare battery in the hover."

Action: Kathryn connects the spare battery from the hover to the door panel, hopefully giving it an electric jump and opening it.
((I think he's with you. He mentioned wanting to come. All right, let's act as if he's provisionally there, especially since he's offline anyway.))
You pry the panel cover off to get at the circuitry, and grit your teeth silently. The insides of the panel are thoroughly fried, with melted circuits having burned through the PCB. What now?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2013, 10:04:21 am »

- Do we have some kind of good rope? We could try just to tear it from its frame, as it is weakened by my effords now. I hope.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2013, 10:06:33 am »

- Do we have some kind of good rope? We could try just to tear it from its frame, as it is weakened by my effords now. I hope.
"I kind of still have that rope I tried to pull Sean out of the river with. It should be sturdy enough."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2013, 10:10:05 am »

- Let's try that. Actually, if that doesn't work, I think we'll have to return to base to get mining laser. And that call of loot at the edge of hearing slowly drives me mad
Action: go with Willams, get one end rope, then fix it at the door and shout to Willams to fix another.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:16:05 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2013, 10:11:05 am »

Help.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2013, 10:13:11 am »

Kathryn lines up behind Derry and grabs the rope.

"I'm sure I can render some small assistance."

Help!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2013, 10:15:49 am »

"Damnit! If only I was behind you, I could do a joke..."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2013, 10:18:31 am »

((Wait, are you guys attempting to tie the rope to the hover, or just haul it by hand? I believe P means the former.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2013, 10:21:49 am »

((just haul it by hand))
((Oh, Dear Lord, that is most awkward thing to do with a door intended to hold vacuum and quite a rough landing. Of course I meant to tie it to the hover. But it definetly shows what a good team we are :) ))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:24:48 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2013, 10:24:01 am »

((Argh. Yes, do that :P Get this annoying door open. Next we use explosives!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2013, 10:26:42 am »

(( I have a bomb on hand :P. But first. ))

Approach the doors pad, use my shock hands on the control to overload it and make the door open, if that fails punch through the door and rip a hole in it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2013, 10:28:17 am »

((Argh. Yes, do that :P Get this annoying door open. Next we use explosives!))
((I do hope you guys do not mean that we had some explosives since the very beginning of all that door-related stuff?))

Approach the doors pad, use my shock hands on the control to overload it and make the door open, if that fails punch through the door and rip a hole in it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:32:53 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2013, 10:29:17 am »

(( We did, I yanked them out of my German made arm yesterday, bastards tried to blow me up from another planet!!!! It ain't huge but should at least make a hole big enough for me to get my hands in and widen it with my super human strength. If just punching a hole fails. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 12, 2013, 10:34:51 am »

(( We did, I yanked them out of my German made arm yesterday, bastards tried to blow me up from another planet!!!! It ain't huge but should at least make a hole big enough for me to get my hands in and widen it with my super human strength. If just punching a hole fails. ))
((Well, guess that are not things for you to decide. Watch GM's DICE OF DOOM rolloing upon your poor soul :D))

((Also, on reply #300 someone has to say THIS IS BOREAS!! and knock that door open at once. With his bare leg.))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:49:25 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 12, 2013, 10:51:24 am »

((just haul it by hand))
((Dear Lord, that is most awkward thing to do with a door intended to hold vacuum and quite a rough landing. Of course I meant to tie it to the hover.))
((It's not intended to survive the landing - it's shot off in the normal circumstances. But yes, I see your point.))

You approach the door and put your hand to the circuits. With a twitch of your fingers, you empty the capacitor into the panel. It seems to accomplish nothing beyond further melting the circuitry. The whole system is fried, and several important wires have probably dripped away. You shake your head, then punch the door several times, your arm making a buzzing sound as it travels through the air. [5]You succeed in punching several holes through the door. Getting your hands into the holes, you pull, but stop when your chest and your arm sockets are shot through with sudden pain. Of course, you think to yourself. The exo is braced together with metalloceramics, while your arms are attached to flesh. Trying to rip the door apart is basically betting on your chest being stronger than metal, which it evidently isn't. Yet.

- Let's try that. Actually, if that doesn't work, I think we'll have to return to base to get mining laser. And that call of loot at the edge of hearing slowly drives me mad
Action: go with Willams, get one end rope, then fix it at the door and shout to Willams to fix another.
Williams goes and gets the rope from her pack, ties it to the hover's hauling hook, and then throws you the other end. You catch it and thread it through the holes Will made, then tie it with a triple knot.
[1] The doctor revs the hover's engine and the rope goes taut. For a few seconds, nothing happens, then the door tears out of its frame and goes whirling through the air, narrowly missing Sean and slamming into the hover's back window, shattering the armored glass. The craft lurches, throwing McGaw head-first into the windshield.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54