Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58772 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2013, 07:34:10 pm »

Will walks around for a little while before coming across Kathryn and approaching her and standing awkwardly for a second.

" Uhm... hi... Mrs clone lady sorry I don't know your name. I wanted to ask you something. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 11, 2013, 07:47:36 pm »

"Kathryn McGaw. What did you need? Are you adjusting to your new arm well?" She responds evenly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 11, 2013, 08:16:28 pm »

Will grins then with thunking sound blades slide out of both of his wrists as his fingers crackle with electricity.

" Arms actually, I decided as long as I was losing one might as well lop off the other one.

Anyway, Hi I'm Will btw, I wanted to ask for some of your blood. I work in kinda the opposite field for you. You adapt human bodies to make them stronger while I attach machines to them for the same. I know clones have shortened life spans I'd like to try and design a machine to fix it and well your the only clone here sooooo, can I have your blood please.
"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2013, 08:21:25 pm »

Will grins then with thunking sound blades slide out of both of his wrists as his fingers crackle with electricity.

" Arms actually, I decided as long as I was losing one might as well lop off the other one.

Anyway, Hi I'm Will btw, I wanted to ask for some of your blood. I work in kinda the opposite field for you. You adapt human bodies to make them stronger while I attach machines to them for the same. I know clones have shortened life spans I'd like to try and design a machine to fix it and well your the only clone here sooooo, can I have your blood please.
"

"I'm always willing to advance science, but I'd question the need. My faults will become systemic-not localized. It'd be the same if all your body parts fell off at once. Quite difficult to replace.

What exactly do you intend to do?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »

" Well I'm hoping that your body can already produce the right chemical to slow your aging and just needs a prod if I'm right I should be able to design a little computer like the one jacked into my brain to tell your body to make it.

Otherwise I have no idea, I normally work with machines not people my knowledge is limited to how not to kill you while I'm hacking pieces off and bolting new pieces on, so it'll be an interesting experiment.

Oh and difficult to replace? Please I have everything I'd need in my lab to replace this meat suit in a couple hours. Which I intend to do as soon as I'm done making those fools back on each look like amateurs anyway.
"
Caine's law.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2013, 08:53:49 pm »

"...I suppose it's a trifle fatalistic, but can this wait? My body is still healthy now-and I've got things to do before it goes. Not spending time trying to save myself."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2013, 08:59:38 pm »

" Would one vial of blood really do that much damage? Or maybe a little bit of hair?

All I need is something I can pull DNA from it doesn't matter what it is.
"
Caine's law.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2013, 02:16:09 am »

(Hey, Dwarmins still on!)
"So we have a clone, a soldier, a transhumanist and an, um... What's odd about the other guy?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 12, 2013, 05:33:08 am »

"...all right, it's time to go. Weapons free once we're outside of the camp perimeter." McGaw announces abruptly.

Action: Time to move us on GM! Drive drive drive to the Jah's Home...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2013, 05:40:41 am »

"Lead the way miss."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2013, 06:23:35 am »

"...all right, it's time to go. Weapons free once we're outside of the camp perimeter." McGaw announces abruptly.

Action: Time to move us on GM! Drive drive drive to the Jah's Home...
You all load your butts into the hover and take off, going east. After a few hours of skimming forward through snow, the terrain turns rocky. The snow is not as deep - now the scenery is mostly wind-blown crags and juts of rock. It's eerily beautiful: like the Grand Canyon must've looked in the ice age, you suppose. After some winding turns and loops, you arrive to the Home's landing site. It sits beneath a crag.
"Oh fuck."
You turn to look at Williams: she is sitting there pale as snow, with her jaw hanging. Looking back at the ship, you can only agree with her conclusion.
Jah's Home stands half again as fat as the Horizon.
The pod ejection system hasn't worked.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2013, 06:27:35 am »

Action: Let's drive a bit closer...we need to investigate the pods...

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:10 am »

Action: Let's drive a bit closer...we need to investigate the pods...
You bring the hover in and park it near the ship. It is still covered in its shielding plates, pocked with micrometeor scarring from its long journey. The pods must still be inside... along with their occupants.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2013, 07:11:25 am »

Sean gets out and moves to the closest opening, gun ready.
"Any of you know how to open these things?"

((Fixed.))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:27:01 am by Gamerlord »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2013, 07:14:46 am »

Sean gets out and moves to the closest pod, gun ready.
"Any of you know how to open these things?"
((The pods are inside the ship. It's kind of double-layered - the storage section in the center, surrounded by pods, and then the outer shielding. When the ship drops, the outer shielding and the pods are shot away from the central section.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54