Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341272 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"Well a bit more desecration wouldn't hurt, would it? I can see some coin pouches here and there. Mind if we took them, Thoradin? I'd leave the choice to you since these are your brethren."

Take the ring and the bracelet and show them to Thoradin to ask what they are. If he gives his permission for the coin pouches then I'll take them as well.

((Edit: Also... dat poll though.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I will not dishonour your fallen blood-kin, Thoradin, as I am sure you would not do the same to mine.
With a short, jerky bow Nadarr slowly and somewhat reluctantly walks away from the corpses. However, his speed quickly picks up and he disappears in the Jeweler's. He doesn't tear it apart, but he does search it as thoroughly as possible.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"Well a bit more desecration wouldn't hurt, would it? I can see some coin pouches here and there. Mind if we took them, Thoradin? I'd leave the choice to you since these are your brethren."

Take the ring and the bracelet and show them to Thoradin to ask what they are. If he gives his permission for the coin pouches then I'll take them as well.

((Edit: Also... dat poll though.))

He looks at the ring, bracelet and other valuables on the noble. (?)

"Tell ya what lad. These are some of the oldest treasures in this fortress and if sold to the right dwarf or trader, can be worth a fortune. When sold to the wrong dwarf, however, you'll have an axe in yer skull before ya realize you offended him by owning such an item. The ring and bracelet are signs of political power in our society; and they're usually passed down from ruler to ruler, and if one is stolen or looted from a non-dwarf, its considered an act of war. The amulet is just some petty bauble he liked.

I'll hold onto the ring and the bracelet for now, but when this is over with and we're out, I'll be sure to give them to you as a gift for being a friend to the dwarves. You can keep the rest of his stuff, even though I'm not fond of looting my kin.

He does not wear the items and instead, puts them in his bag. You get one solid gold necklace and 100gp from his coinpurse as well as a polished obsidian shaped like a gem.

I will not dishonour your fallen blood-kin, Thoradin, as I am sure you would not do the same to mine.
With a short, jerky bow Nadarr slowly and somewhat reluctantly walks away from the corpses. However, his speed quickly picks up and he disappears in the Jeweler's. He doesn't tear it apart, but he does search it as thoroughly as possible.
Thoradin thanks you. He watches you bolt into the jewler's workshop and shakes his head. (18+5) You find some gems, but they're all rough. You find 6 rough lapis lazuli and 2 rough moss agate.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why don't we check the rest of the workshops like Nadarr? It's not like we have anything better to do." He says sarcastically on the last sentence

Check each workshop room. Maybe a hidden door somewhere?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Weston meanwhile was lost in thought, trying to think of a way to destroy magic talking heads. Maybe a Chromatic Orb would do the job?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why don't we check the rest of the workshops like Nadarr? It's not like we have anything better to do." He says sarcastically on the last sentence

Check each workshop room. Maybe a hidden door somewhere?
(14+9) (CRIT) (12+9) (8+9) You go into the crafts workshop first and find some odds and ends made of stone. Some of them have engravings and some are decorated with bone and wood. Nothing of real value is found. The mechanic's workshop holds a bunch of unfinished clockworks to something that you cannot seem to understand. The carpenter's workshop has several training gear made of wood but is weighted with stone in the hilt to have the weight of a real weapon. Nothing noteworthy of value excluding unfinished polearms. Lastly, the masons workshop actually holds a small hidden compartment that holds countless stone slabs with translations of dwarven to common. Studying these long enough may teach you dwarven ((Requires a week's time, which you don't have)). You also notice that a lot of the stonework was used to make those stone coffins, and some of the slabs seemed to be placed on them in a way that they cannot be removed. You do find some gems that may or may not have been saved for nobles, but never added due to the haste required. You find three rather large cut emeralds that seem to be close to, if not the same size, as the one Thoradin handed Nadarr earlier. ((Mark down somewhere for 3 emeralds found. Its hard to do prices of larger valued gems on the CB. I have it written down, but last time I lost it and had to reread through a bunch of things in order to find it.))

(?) The party does follow with Alexander, and they do search, but Alexander already beat them to the punch, except in the crafts shop, where Symon CRITS and finds a small bag of charbocons ((I know I spelled them wrong)) and gems.  He finds 3 hematite and 4 red garnet, all of them cut unlike others found ((Likewise to you)). You are back at the large split in the hall. So far, the only stairs down found are flooded (slightly south of the doorway that went into this hall) and the only places unchecked is the door at the entrance and the hallway where you stand.

Weston meanwhile was lost in thought, trying to think of a way to destroy magic talking heads. Maybe a Chromatic Orb would do the job?
The Trollhead is rather silent amongst the body pile. You're relieved but then he starts talking again when you walk away.

"Mon, I swear to da gods if ya try an' do wha' dat shor' hairy mon did with me, I make sure ya neva' fo'get ma voice."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr checks the jewelers workshop again, just to be sure.

((Who'da thought there'd be the least amount of gems in the jewelers? XD))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Real darn shame about the stone slabs. Oh well. I'll just buy a book or something  :). Also, as a note, I think that you telling us which places are unchecked would make it a lot more easier to go around.))

Check the door at the entrance.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nadarr checks the jewelers workshop again, just to be sure.

((Who'da thought there'd be the least amount of gems in the jewelers? XD))
((You should note that the rough gems go there, not the cut ones. The cut ones go to the places where they will be placed onto things, like coffins, or trinkets))

You check the jeweler again. (12+5) You find nothing more, but you do notice the workbench is still active. If you had any idea how to use it, you could try to cut your gems... But you have no idea what anything does.

((Real darn shame about the stone slabs. Oh well. I'll just buy a book or something  :). Also, as a note, I think that you telling us which places are unchecked would make it a lot more easier to go around.))

Check the door at the entrance.
((You do have to come back for the ring and bracelet, why not stay a while longer during that time and learn dwarven?))

You drag Nadarr out of his stupor in believing there are more gems in the jeweler's workshop. The head makes a comment asking if Nadarr is a dragonborn or a hideously deformed dragon. You don't hear scraping against the gate anymore.

You open the door and are greeted with an old dining hall. Stone tables and chairs line the center of the room, and despite most of the fortress looking old, abandoned and beat down, this room looks used and pristine. The room is well lit and curves slightly inward. The room also is littered with plates and other eating utensils, and all of them are expensive metals from silver, to gold, to some you think may be either platinum or a sterling silver. You even faintly smell food that isn't rotted, but the smell of alcohol and corpses is overbearing. Thoradin even coughs a bit. You are also greeted with three hooded figures sitting at the tables sitting near one another, all in grey cloaks with skull emblems on their hood where their forehead would be. They immediately stop eating the mushrooms and other plants they're eating and draw their scythes! Only too late do you notice the corpses littering the room as they start to rise as one of the necromancers gesture at them and a surge of energy flies out of the scythe! There are four corpses that rise in different parts of the room!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Note that doors, trade depots, and other fixtures are now colored green for an easier to see look))

Weston is first on the initiative order!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hold turn until after Alexander takes his turn.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Are you sure? He rolled low for his initiative (I don't have the actual numbers because of the bullshit of the random generator on my excel sheet) but he rolled second lowest on the initiative order for players, the lowest being Cromwell))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Are you sure? He rolled low for his initiative (I don't have the actual numbers because of the bullshit of the random generator on my excel sheet) but he rolled second lowest on the initiative order for players, the lowest being Cromwell))
((The only way I can see and shoot anything on this turn is to run out in front of the group. I'm a squishy sorcerer and there are a few enemies in range. It's the best of two bad choices, unless I can see any of the enemies from behind the mass of players.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The only way I can see and shoot anything on this turn is to run out in front of the group. I'm a squishy sorcerer and there are a few enemies in range. It's the best of two bad choices, unless I can see any of the enemies from behind the mass of players.))
((I'll let the players and enemies go first and before or after a player, I'll let you decide to jump in then or not, sound good?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Alright, sounds fair enough.))

Cursing under his breath at the mass of his allies, Weston waits for a better opportunity to make his move.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Corpse3 shambles over to Alexander and tries to scratch him! He FUMBLES and he falls over prone!

Necromancer3 moves up and fires a darkened magic missile at Alexander! The shot just hits, dealing (7) necrotic damage!

Necromancer1 fires a darkened magic missile as well as he moves up! His bolt pegs the doorframe!

Thoradin delays his turn until the doorway is no longer blocked!

Karl begins his turn! ((There really isn't much you can do. Since magic weapons get put back in your hand, I recommend you throw a sword after moving a bit. Still improvised thrown, but I'll take into account damage dice as the same since I don't agree with throwing a rock and doing 1d4 and throwing a boulder and dealing 1d4 and other random garbage...))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Alright, sounds fair enough.))

Cursing under his breath at the mass of his allies, Weston waits for a better opportunity to make his move.
Thoradin grips his axe tightly, feeling his rage flow through him as he cannot reach the invaders of his home, and the disciples of the one who destroyed his home

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 344