Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341482 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The River
« Reply #3810 on: June 17, 2014, 11:31:25 am »

Nadarr's mouth drops open as he gazes at the gem.

The hand holding the tankard twitches...

Wh-wh-what is the tankard?

Despite his question, he moves closer. It is obvious he'll cave.

"Its our sacred flagon of ale procurement... It won't do ye much good in yer hands, but to us dwarves... Its a treasure far more valuable then anything else... Give it to me..."

You notice he starts to drool almost, as if it was something delicious and awe inspiring... That and he's also a raging berserker and still got some leftover froth hanging off of his mouth

He stops for a moment after he hands you the expensive and fine clothes. You two sit down by your camp as the others begin to talk with some of the others; the guards and drivers.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that... It was many years ago when it became forgotten... For a purpose. We lost many great treasures in there, even our beloved..." A tear rolls down his eye. "Our beloved flagon of ale procurement..." He wipes his eye and shakes his head. "But you must wonder what it was that made us leave. Well, it wasn't abandoned, as you can probably tell... It was sacked. Some mages with dark magic came in and killed everyone. There was one, by the name of Ur, and he came and killed most of our kind. Him and his mages, they weren't normal. He... He revived those he killed. A necromancer some say he is. I don't know if they're still there, but his spawn is for sure. His little mage followers and the undead that plague there.

If you kill Ur, I'll be in Crimmor for a few weeks, and then I'll be headed back to the mountainhome to the east of here. If you find him there and kill him, bring me his head. And that flagon... Our dear sweet flagon... I don't care what you find and keep in those damned halls, but I'll make you and all your comrades very wealthy if you do so. Everything you can carry from that place, you can keep. But let me know, if you do survive, if he lies dead. I'll send word to my lord and we will send a party of dwarves to reclaim it... And your names will be recorded in their halls as the savior and reclaimer. Do this, and you do a favor for all dwarves and the living."

You all remember the caravan of dwarves wanting it as well as Ur's head. Thoradin IS one of these dwarves, but he seems so driven to have that flagon. He digs through his pockets and curses. He actually HAS nothing else to give.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: June 17, 2014, 11:34:21 am »

Alexander barges in critically and eyes Thoradin.

"If we free this fortress of yours, can we use it as a type of headquarters for our needs and expeditures? And have the allegiance of all dwarves from this area?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: June 17, 2014, 11:39:30 am »

Alexander barges in critically and eyes Thoradin.

"If we free this fortress of yours, can we use it as a type of headquarters for our needs and expeditures? And have the allegiance of all dwarves from this area?"

"It will be a dwarven settlement again, but I promise you that you will be treated like Kings when you arrive. Free feasts and beds for you that will be so soft, that you will be tempted to never get out of bed. And the alcohol will flow like rivers to you all, and the dwarves that return will hail you as heroes. If you require aid, we would try our best to assist you. And once again, you are given, within reason, to have a pick of our masterwork items when this is all over with. But...

He turns to Nadarr again and starts to walk closer.

"...Give me the flagon and then we can continue..."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: June 17, 2014, 11:41:36 am »

"Oh for Avandra's sake, just give him the flagon. He did just help save our lives, after all."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: June 17, 2014, 11:42:14 am »

Nadarr lunges forward, grabs and strokes the gem, then dumps the flagon in Thoradin's hand.

Pleasure....doing....business with you.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: June 17, 2014, 11:50:05 am »

Nadarr lunges forward, grabs and strokes the gem, then dumps the flagon in Thoradin's hand.

Pleasure....doing....business with you.

He does the same thing with the flagon and even kisses it

"Never in my twenty four years of leaving here did I ever dream of seeing this again..."

He starts shedding a tear as he holds it close to his face. It glows a bit as he does something with it. He then puts it in his backpack and regains that solemn and stern look.

"Since ye lads are trapped in here, where do you want  to head first? The nearest foodstuff is in the room over there."

He points to the door.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:56:31 am by highmax28 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: June 17, 2014, 11:55:17 am »

Nadarr looks closely at the gem and tries to see its quality, then strokes it once more and with a happy look on his face puts it gently with its glittering companions.

He then  does an arcana check on the flask.

After this, he says: Food would help us on our journey, I think. We should stock up.

He then turns to look sharply at Thoradin.
This gem....are there others like it? Where did you find it? Are there more?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: June 17, 2014, 11:58:39 am »

"I think that we should burn the others holed up in here if they refuse to cooperate with us. I don't want stray chances to come haunting us on the way back. The dragonborn's fancy with fire from what I saw."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: June 17, 2014, 12:07:54 pm »

Nadarr looks closely at the gem and tries to see its quality, then strokes it once more and with a happy look on his face puts it gently with its glittering companions.

He then  does an arcana check on the flask.

After this, he says: Food would help us on our journey, I think. We should stock up.

He then turns to look sharply at Thoradin.
This gem....are there others like it? Where did you find it? Are there more?

You check the flask. (18+9) It is a flask of the Dragon's Breath.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Probably more of those deeper in. I had a few of those when I was enlisted into the army. Gave us one of those every few months as payment. I had enough to keep me on my feet for years... That was my last one. I didn't want to sell it, for sentimental reasons, but that flagon is much more in value to me. That gem should be able to get you enough coin to get you enough food to last you the year. Booze is another story however..."

Speaking of which, he downs another big drink of booze, still unnaffected by its affects ((I'm still rolling but the amount is ridiculous)).

"I think that we should burn the others holed up in here if they refuse to cooperate with us. I don't want stray chances to come haunting us on the way back. The dragonborn's fancy with fire from what I saw."

"I swear by Moradin, if you set fire to my home, I will take your head and feed it to the dogs. I said I would kill them, not set fire to my halls."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: June 17, 2014, 12:09:19 pm »

Weston gives Alexander a strange look.
"How exactly would that endear us to the dwarves once they come back?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: June 17, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »

Hmm. The dwarf did say they were pitiful. We must...bring his brethren to their peace. They deserve our mercy. But not fire. This is an enclosed space...we don't want to die from smoke inhalation. Also, this is a dwarf fortress...much explosive booze.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: June 17, 2014, 12:11:52 pm »

"That should be left to the other dwarves to deal with in their own way. Besides, they might recover."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: June 17, 2014, 12:12:10 pm »

Weston gives Alexander a strange look.
"How exactly would that endear us to the dwarves once they come back?"

"The ones inside aren't dwarves. I don't think they'd care and even be grateful for getting rid of the interloppers."

"I swear by Moradin, if you set fire to my home, I will take your head and feed it to the dogs. I said I would kill them, not set fire to my halls."

"Fair enough. We should still take care of them before heading inside though. And lets not give them extra advantages."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: June 17, 2014, 12:18:10 pm »

"That should be left to the other dwarves to deal with in their own way. Besides, they might recover."

"I have no problem with dealing with them. And you'd be doing us a favor by ridding the halls of these madmen. I just don't want you setting fire to our rooms... Especially since it will probably set fire to the entire fortress with it being so enclosed.

And as the dragonborn said, our alcohol under flame yields explosive results... And I'm certain a few of us, me included, kept some alcohol in our rooms."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: June 17, 2014, 12:24:17 pm »

Let's be off, then. We must purge the halls, and also find what these mad-men are hiding.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 344