Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341501 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The River
« Reply #3795 on: June 16, 2014, 03:59:47 am »

((Karl would have hit him over the head and run with his body slung over a shoulder. He's a fanatic about killing the undead, but he's not crazy enough to take odds like this.

Hey, highmax, do I have the option to push another PC around? If so, I'd want to push Thoradin back a square so we're all inside the door.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: June 16, 2014, 08:42:03 am »

((Rugby tackle him through the door? :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: June 16, 2014, 11:23:13 am »

((Karl would have hit him over the head and run with his body slung over a shoulder. He's a fanatic about killing the undead, but he's not crazy enough to take odds like this.

Hey, highmax, do I have the option to push another PC around? If so, I'd want to push Thoradin back a square so we're all inside the door.))
((Bull rush works that way. I'll update as soon as I can, but my phone's dead and my mother wants me to do errands.

Also I start work in ~2 hours))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:54 pm »

Standard Action: Twin Strike on Z12
Move Action: To Nadarr
Minor Action: Stuff a potion down his throat

"To the lever, dragonborn, NOW!"
You swing your blades at Zombie12! (15+10) You hit with your sunblade, dealing (8+1) damage! You swing again! (10+9) You hit again, dealing (7+0) damage! Zombie12 drops dead! You rush to Nadarr and push a potion at him! ((Standard to drink. Lever pull is a readied minor))

More movement across the river! Flesh-Crazed Zombie5 attacks Karl! He fails to bite into Karl!

Karl Begins his turn!

Karl and Thoradin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everyone else:

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 17, 2014, 01:02:41 am »

Standard: Bull rush Thoradin one square south
Movement: Whether or not bull rush succeeds, shift one square SE

((Either we'll both be inside the door, or we'll both be stacked up in the entrance and it'll be harder for zombies to rush past us.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:10 am »

Standard: Bull rush Thoradin one square south
Movement: Whether or not bull rush succeeds, shift one square SE

((Either we'll both be inside the door, or we'll both be stacked up in the entrance and it'll be harder for zombies to rush past us.))
((I'm pretty sure you can use that minor to close the door. You take his square with the bull rush and you use move+minor as one action to close the door. Making sure they don't open it again is a whole different story))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 17, 2014, 08:44:22 am »

((So the lever just locks it, then?))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 17, 2014, 09:03:20 am »

((So the lever just locks it, then?))
((Yep))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: June 17, 2014, 09:18:27 am »

((I thought it was a dwarvern door switch. Well, I'll just do that then.))

Action: Bull rush Thoradin one square south
Move+Minor: Get inside, close the door and hold on

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:34 am »

((I thought it was a dwarvern door switch. Well, I'll just do that then.))

Action: Bull rush Thoradin one square south
Move+Minor: Get inside, close the door and hold on

You bull rush Thoradin into the fortress and slam the door shut behind you! (?) (?) (?) You manage to close the door without pulling any of the undead in the way inside!

"DRAGONBORN! PULL THAT DAMNED LEVER!" Thoradin shouts!

You hear the undead pounding on the door! Nadarr rushes over to the lever and pulls it as quickly as he can! The door pushes Karl and Thoradin over as it sinks inside. You hear clawing and scraping against metal, but from 4' of solid metal forged by dwarves, you're sure if they can get in, it won't be for a long time.

The party gains 425xp each!

Thoradin changes back into dwarf form and picks up his axe.

"Thanks for the shove lad. Its good ta see ye all after that damned incident with the giant... Even though "see" is only half-arsed right now, as ye can see."

He pulls out a bottle of what you assume to be alcohol and takes a big drink. He doesn't show signs of being drunk, despite taking such a large drink that would knock most people right on their rear ends.

"I knew you lads were comin' 'ere, so when that clockwork giant took out my eye, butchered the rest of them and Regdar buggered off, I played dead. Luckily for me, I was convincing enough and he left. Moradin curse that damned blackguard though... Threw me right inta 'im in order ta escape. I've been inside here fer about four days, and I've been mostly taking supplies from the trade depot here and scouting the place. There's nowhere near enough undead in here as there are out there, but there are still a lot inside. I went upstairs and some blighters were up there already, scared out of their wits and attacking anything that gets close. They're inside the old bunkhouse I used ta sleep in before the fortress fell. There's about ten of them, one of them seems to come from the shadow theives by the clothing he wears.

Now to the important task at hand. The Necromancer is in the deepest part of the fortress, if I assume right. If we kill him, all those undead outside will be gone. I know its askin' fer much, but I must ask all of ye to help me kill 'im. If he escapes, its all over for us. We may be trapped in 'ere, but as far as I know... He's trapped in 'ere wiv us. It's a long trek to the bottom of the fortress, usually takes a whole day to get there. If ye'll help me, I'll make sure yer're all hailed as heroes of the dwarves and will always be welcome in these halls when my kin return here. Now, I don't quite recall the entire area of this place, but I believe that door by yer ranger friend leads ta the dining hall. Down the hall 'ere is a door that I think goes ta the stockpile and workshops, the stairs going up ta the bunkhouse and the stairs going down into the fortress. I don't think those bastards up in the bunkhouse will join or help us."

The trade depot is still littered with chests and containers, but you're not sure if it has been picked clean just by looking at it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 17, 2014, 10:20:33 am »

Nadarr grunts, then drinks the potion Alexander gave him with a gruff thanks.

He then proceeds to check all the containers as the others talk.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:47 am »

"Wait, you mean there are other survivors in the bunkhouse? What have they been doing this whole time?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: June 17, 2014, 10:38:58 am »

Heal up any way possible.

"I believe we should convince the others to keep a watch on the entrance. If not then force them to. I'd much rather have my back watched after what we witnessed outside.

Anything useful in these 'ol crates?"

Check on the chests and containers.

"How interesting that you're a werewolf, dwarf. I haven't heard of a lot from your race being one."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: June 17, 2014, 11:12:56 am »

Heal up any way possible.

"I believe we should convince the others to keep a watch on the entrance. If not then force them to. I'd much rather have my back watched after what we witnessed outside.

Anything useful in these 'ol crates?"

Check on the chests and containers.

"How interesting that you're a werewolf, dwarf. I haven't heard of a lot from your race being one."

"We usually aren't. Not many dwarves roam the wilds like I did when we lost this place.

He wipes some of the extra froth from his mouth.

"I do hope it doesn't change the fact that ye know I'm on yer side. Aye, I am a werewolf, but 15 years of being one and I know how ta deal with any issues. Most who turn usually don't cope as well for a good ten years before they get some self control if they don't do much about it. Me? I was out in the wilds for a long time, and I got this when I was attacked one night. Killed the blighter and kept his hide, which is what I'm wearing right now. But he did manage ta bite me and spread it to me. Went feral for the first five years every full moon and then I did something about it. Now the wolf doesn't consume me, I leash it and let it loose when I need to, as you saw.

As for the others, they pegged me with a crossbow when I tried ta get close. They seem scared of not just the undead, but the living. They're hiding something but I don't know what.

As fer whats in the crates and whatnot, mostly small useless trinkets we gave to the elves for trade. There may be some magical stuff in there, but nothing masterwork. That stuff is held deeper in the fortress. And if ye help me deal with the Necromancer and his damned lackeys, ye can take your pick within reason of the hoard."

"Wait, you mean there are other survivors in the bunkhouse? What have they been doing this whole time?"

Thoradin scratches at his beard and then shrugs his shoulders

"As far as I know, the blighters came here looking fer loot and then got the living daylights scared of them. We'd be lucky if they aren't mentally destroyed. They were screaming at me about some "demon spawn" and "the tower's messenger". I have no idea what it means, nor do I really care. If anything, I would've probably put them out of their misery if I wasn't alone"

Nadarr grunts, then drinks the potion Alexander gave him with a gruff thanks.

He then proceeds to check all the containers as the others talk.

You and Alexander search the containers and whatnot for odds and ends. (CRIT) (2+9) Nadarr does a thorough but quick search as Alexander finds nothing of great importance, just more random baubles, except made of stone. Nadarr finds two items, one of which Thoradin's eyes grow bright with upon seeing. The first is a flagon of ale that is rather ornate, and the other is a flask that holds the image of a red dragon on its side.

Thoradin speaks up.

"That flagon... Give it to me... I swear by Moradin, give it to me! I'll give you this, its all I have on me right now."

He holds out a rather large shiny, green rock. You assume it to be jade. The size is roughly the size of his palm and seems to be very valuable.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 17, 2014, 11:23:17 am »

Nadarr's mouth drops open as he gazes at the gem.

The hand holding the tankard twitches...

Wh-wh-what is the tankard?

Despite his question, he moves closer. It is obvious he'll cave.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 344