Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341804 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3600 on: June 04, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »

Karl leaves Alexander and Nadarr (and any others interested in helping) to help the smith as he appears to have enough assistants and returns to the apothecary, where he keeps out of Thyra and the old man's way, waving his holy symbol in ritual patterns as he calls on the blessings of the Raven Queen and, somewhat awkwardly, Bahamut, to watch over his companion in his struggle with the vampiric taint.

((I'd be amused if Karl ended up being able to help enchant things with blessings of the Raven Queen. He did manage to modify his short sword, way back when, so he does have some background. We'll see what comes up, though.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:30:03 pm by Hanzoku »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: June 04, 2014, 10:36:44 pm »

Karl leaves Alexander and Nadarr (and any others interested in helping) to help the smith as he appears to have enough assistants and returns to the apothecary, where he keeps out of Thyra and the old man's way, waving his holy symbol in ritual patterns as he calls on the blessings of the Raven Queen and, somewhat awkwardly, Bahamut, to watch over his companion in his struggle with the vampiric taint.

((I'd be amused if Karl ended up being able to help enchant things with blessings of the Raven Queen. He did manage to modify his short sword, way back when, so he does have some background. We'll see what comes up, though.))
((I'd allow it, but you won't get any other rituals or such))
You help out with nails and hammers as well. As he silvers the blade, he shakes his head and smiles.

"Tell you lads what. If you can get 1000 nails done by the time I finish this, I'll silver that fancy sword that your armored friend has as well for free."

The race is on.

Karl:
Str: (14+3)
Dex: (18+1)
Endurance: (17+4)

Nadarr:
Str: (2+1)
Dex: (18+3)
Endurance: (10+3)

Alexander:
Str: (18+5)
Dex: (2+4)
Endurance: (19+2)

Between the three of you, Nadarr working with the nails nimbly, Alexander using his strength to pound the points onto the nails, and Karl's tolerance for the heat despite his heavy platemail, the three of you do an excellent job, although poor in some cases.

Karl's rating: Excellent

Nadarr's rating: Mediocre

Alexander: Good

You do a great job and make (893+134+284=1311) nails and (54) hammers by the time he finishes. He commends your work and does Karl's blade for free and he teaches you all to make shortswords, daggers and maces on top of this. Karl's heirloom blade is now touched up and silvered as well as the sunblade. They both now have a bright shine to them. ((You may use your point here to gain training in making these items))

Karl returns to the apothecary to see an unconscious but not as pale Symon. Thyra is sitting next to him and sees Karl walk in. You swear you thought she was holding his hand but the red on her face all but confirms it. She says she now knows a little about making potions now, and that Symon will be fine now. The whole thing cost 750gp and she paid for it. She said when you take on the fortress, she expects an extra portion of the wealth that equals that much. She recommends finding the town enchanter to get some of your weapons enchanted to cope with undead.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: June 04, 2014, 11:51:03 pm »

Spent the point on smithing! Ask the smithmaster whether I can use the forge whenever I'm in town, and if so, how much it'll cost a day.

Turn to Nadarr

"You seem to be handy with magic. Why don't you learn enchanting? I think that might come in handy if mixed with smithing. We might be able to sell some."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:50 pm »

Spent the point on smithing! Ask the smithmaster whether I can use the forge whenever I'm in town, and if so, how much it'll cost a day.

Turn to Nadarr

"You seem to be handy with magic. Why don't you learn enchanting? I think that might come in handy if mixed with smithing. We might be able to sell some."
He tells you to use the forge is going to depend on how long you're using it for. Roughly 10gp an hour, maybe less. He does say the forgework is free if you do some jobs for him though

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: June 04, 2014, 11:54:49 pm »

Turn to Nadarr

He tells you to use the forge is going to depend on how long you're using it for. Roughly 10gp an hour, maybe less. He does say the forgework is free if you do some jobs for him though

Ask the smith if he has any bastard swords after thanking him and go to the Apothecary to buy some potions and check up on Symon (use heal check to see how good he is doing).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: June 04, 2014, 11:57:04 pm »

He says he has some but none of which are magical or in better/worse condition then your unenchanted one. You nod your head and then head to meet up with Thyra, Karl and Symon. Symon (?) starts to wake up by the time you arrive. His skin has returned to almost its normal pigment and despite being groggy and a bit hungry, he seems perfectly fine now.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: June 05, 2014, 12:01:46 am »

He says he has some but none of which are magical or in better/worse condition then your unenchanted one. You nod your head and then head to meet up with Thyra, Karl and Symon. Symon (?) starts to wake up by the time you arrive. His skin has returned to almost its normal pigment and despite being groggy and a bit hungry, he seems perfectly fine now.

"Glad to see you're doing fine, lad. Be more careful next time."

Browse the store.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: June 05, 2014, 01:17:11 am »

((What the hell, Karl clearly has a gift for it. One point into Blacksmithing as well! Did Karl really produce nearly 900 nails himself?))

Karl thanks the smith as he runs his fingers over the blade of his sword, the dwarvern rune slowly fading into view through the silver that now gleams brightly across its entire length. "You do excellent work, good sir. I know who I'll speak to first for any smithing needs."

Back at the apothecary, he gives Thyra a smile at her blush, and pats Symon on the shoulder. "You look a lot better, Symon, thanks to the work of this gentleman and Thyra."

Once the party is done in the apothecary, Karl will use Streetwise to look for an enchanter and see what enchantments are offered. He'll also look for any magic armor he can make use of.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: June 05, 2014, 08:53:29 am »

Symon groggily opens his eyes and mumbles, "Am I a vampire now?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: June 05, 2014, 08:56:30 am »

"You're a lucky bastard. That's what you are."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: June 05, 2014, 08:56:59 am »

"Is t-that a no?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: June 05, 2014, 09:01:26 am »

Karl can't help but chuckle. "I'm pretty sure that's a 'no' indeed, Symon. You might be a bit weaker for a few days - you did have a lot of blood forcefully extracted."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: June 05, 2014, 09:11:23 am »

Symon lets out a long sigh of relief. "G-good. I d-don't know if I c-could have lived like t-that. W-when are we leaving?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: June 05, 2014, 09:16:41 am »

Symon lets out a long sigh of relief. "G-good. I d-don't know if I c-could have lived like t-that. W-when are we leaving?"

"The moment you can give me a tough fight. That'll be a sure sign you're up and running."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: June 05, 2014, 09:18:35 am »

Karl smiles crookedly. "I think you can take it easy for a few hours. Given what we earned in the bandit camps, a blacksmith we visited while Thyra was helping cure you made a good point - we'd better make sure we're prepared for the fortress. We can see about getting your flail enchanted or silvered if you'd like, and I was planning to look around if there were any merchants or enchanters that could handle enchanted armor."

((I love Symon "Oh good, I'm not a vampire. Let's get going!| *faceplant*))
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 344