Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342244 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Off Chasing Bandits
« Reply #3300 on: May 12, 2014, 12:43:16 am »

((Expect a delay; got too much on my plate right now and stress levels are rising. My mom is officially blind for a month, important things went missing I need to find ASAP, and "gf" problems. You guys are high priority, but some things exceed that. And I'm sure you don't want stress filled rush updates. These are also the main reasons updates have been a little slow recently, and I apologize. I'll keep this running as much as I can, at roughly the same pace as it has the past week or two, but I felt that you guys deserved to know whats been keeping me.

On the bright side, there's a good chance I'm leaving my current D&D group (in real life) due to issues there, leaving me more time to update this thread and have some goodies prepared for you... Like the fortress that I still haven't started. I'm still debating on drawing the entire thing out or doing it like the mountain was. One makes it accurate as hell and I can throw in more random encounters and !!FUN!! while the other makes the entire fortress ordeal shorter, much more to the point, but less detailed. Also less xp and loot. I can guarantee three more encounters and 2 possible loot rooms if I do a detailed one (because go big or go home, right?) because the map this place is being based off of has lots of random twists and turns, and would probably make a great setting for a horror story. I'll toss up a Poll on which I should do and I'll take all of the votes after X amount of days (meaning when I start the damn thing)))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: May 12, 2014, 01:28:05 am »

((No problem, take your time Highmax. That's the advantage of a forum game - it's not like we're left sitting in a room around the game table. :)

Best wishes for your mom's recovery, your finding back the missing things, and that you and your girlfriend patch things up.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: May 12, 2014, 10:08:20 am »

((Geez, sounds rough. Hopefully everything will turn out okay for you! Best wishes, general support, etc. etc. You know how much we care about you.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: May 12, 2014, 12:27:38 pm »

((Don't worry, Highmax, we'll always love you and your problems, eternally there to support you! I hope for the best, DM!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: May 12, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »

((Poll added. I'll try to update but don't count on it. People are just shitting on me today and I'm upbeat enough to make a good solid update for you guys. After all, after Karl is the camp leader if I remember correctly))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: May 13, 2014, 11:56:36 pm »

((Thanks to the power of Nuzlocke and its many wonders, stress levels lowered enough today for me to update.
((Hurrah, larger map squares!))

(( I had a nice list of actions written out, then realized Dazed sucks and is terrible. When does it end, and am I allowed two minors to one move or standard action still?

Minor Action #1: Lay on Hands on Karl
Minor Action #2 (if allowed): Divine Challenge on Ba2.))

Karl shakes his head, ears ringing from the blow the bandit had landed against his helmet. Staggering slightly, he pressed a hand to the side of his head and willed divine energy to flow into himself, soothing the blinding headache he was experiencing.

Karl touches his wounds with Lay on Hands with hopes his headache goes away. It doesn't. Karl does regain 13hp and is no longer bloodied.

((Correction on my part. I thought Karl was last on the list for players. We still got one guy left))

Symon begins his turn!

((Same map as before as nothing changed excpet Karl's hp))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: May 14, 2014, 04:19:30 pm »

((...

I have no freaking clue what to do. Should I head to the east and see if I can tank the bandit group there? Sounds like half a plan?))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: May 14, 2014, 05:08:00 pm »

((You're lightly armored, so that might not end well. I'd suggest staying neat Karl and we'll see what they do - either they head towards the bulk of our party, where I can pull out a group taunt to get them all focused on Karl for a round (and clustered up for any AoE we still have), or some or all move towards Nadarr and his accidental beacon and get werewolf to the face.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: May 14, 2014, 06:29:25 pm »

((He has a cloak of resistance, and if he Avenging Echos, in sure he'll drop a few and then Nadarr cleans up. Provided he can move that far up))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: May 15, 2014, 10:04:53 am »

Symon moves three east and three north! He then uses Oath of Enmity on Ha2 and charges it! +1 to hit, roll twice due to Avengerdom, etc etc.

If Symon takes damage from anyone besides Ha2, he activates Avenger's Resolve to gain 5 damage resist.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »

Symon moves three east and three north! He then uses Oath of Enmity on Ha2 and charges it! +1 to hit, roll twice due to Avengerdom, etc etc.

If Symon takes damage from anyone besides Ha2, he activates Avenger's Resolve to gain 5 damage resist.

You do so. You charge at the halfling and bring your flail down upon him! (19+4) You hit, dealing (6+1+0) damage! You prepare yourself for getting pounded by the group.

A large, hulking human comes out of the tent and sees Symon. He pulls out a much more brutal looking greataxe then the other berserkers had, covered in blood and slightly glows as his face turns to anger.

"We're fighting mere children!? I'll kill this pup myself!"

He moves up to Symon and swings down with his greataxe! He hits, dealing (15) damage! Your resolve goes off and reduces it to 10! He grins as he then uses his axe to make a tiny drop of blood come off of his hand and then swings again! He lands a CRIT and deals (26) damage ((that is also removing the 5 damage from your resolve)), leaving Symon in a critical condition. Thyra yelps at this!

Alexander begins his turn!

((Before you do anything, I highly reccomend you take advantage of Thyra's aura and use a minor to heal yourself))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: May 15, 2014, 12:41:10 pm »

((I probably shouldn't comment on this seeing as I'm sorta down, but (6 + 1 + 0) damage? Am I missing something here?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: May 15, 2014, 12:49:41 pm »

((I probably shouldn't comment on this seeing as I'm sorta down, but (6 + 1 + 0) damage? Am I missing something here?))
((Basic melee attack, for you, uses strength mod. And I realized with your censure it should be upped to a 3 instead of a 1, right? I'll fix that...

Otherwise, Symon has 10 str which means no strength mod (which was a miracle how he could've dragged Karl to his room) which means melee basic is kind of lacking... Thyra also has 10 strength, but she uses her charisma for her melee basic attacks for being a Skald))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: May 15, 2014, 01:08:36 pm »

((Ah, right. The + 0 part threw me off the most, honestly. Adding 0 to the damage seems rather silly after all.

And yeah, Symon is a pretty skinny guy, ain't he? Bahamut knows how me manages to be so deadly.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: May 15, 2014, 01:12:06 pm »

Minor: Heal myself using Thyra's Aura
Move: As close to HB as possible.
Standard: Marauder's Rush on HB

"I think it's time I paid you back for that ambush. It was quite the luck on your part."

((I went for HB so anybody with an AoE attack can deal with the ones on top of me and Symon. So go wild!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 344