Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343291 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Murann...
« Reply #2370 on: March 24, 2014, 11:28:30 pm »

((Yeah, I'm mostly keeping myself back for Aurel's teeth, honestly.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 25, 2014, 12:25:11 am »

Charming Gaze!

"Well then. Where do I begin? Have you ever heard of Vryloka, Captain? They are creatures that are incredibly similar to vampires due to a pact they made with an ancient deity but for all intent and purpose, they ARE living."

"Secondly, I saw that werewolf tear ashred a group of muggers before I could even realize what was going on. If you and your band of soldiers tried to put it down, you wouldn't go down without a significant chunk of the guard. Better to let it roam the wilderness and eat some silly animal, no? I think it's also worthy to note that so far I've not heard of anybody being drained of blood in this city."

((I suggest Cromwell prepares to fight. If I fail this diplomacy check, we're fighting our way out. I hope we'll be able to quietly kill him. Then we can stealth our way out. Gotta hand it to this guy though, he's the second one to notice my fangs in the whole game.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: March 25, 2014, 02:19:13 am »

((It should probably be a fairly difficult perception check any time you talk, and an easier one if you give someone a big, toothy grin. As long as you don't act innately 'vampire', people shouldn't notice in the first place.))

Karl wakes up, to his surprise, in his bed with a pounding headache. "What... the hells... was in that wine?" he groans, dragging himself upright. After splashing water on his face, he hears the scraping from the room next to his and remember Nadarr's pet.

After collecting himself, Karl opens up one of his travel rations and takes out the dried meat inside. Bracing himself against Nadarr's door, he cracks it open and shoves the meat through before closing it again. "Sorry, that'll have to do until Nadarr's back to feed you himself. And he gets to clean up, since I doubt you're housebroken."

Karl makes his way downstairs and collars the innkeeper. "First, throw out that bottle, I have no idea what you put in there, but that was not wine. Second, don't open the door to the room next to mine, the one the dragonborn is in."

Seeing the time, Karl starts making his way back towards the watch station.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 25, 2014, 04:43:27 am »

((It is definitely a very difficult check. Unless the captain Crit (which he did), he wouldn't have realized. I never give a toothy grin to people. I even specify what kind of a smile it is. Most of the time I'm looking sideways when I talk or walk as well. I have no idea how the Captain realized, without me even saying a word. Was my jaw hanging or something?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: March 25, 2014, 07:29:12 am »

((Maybe on a crit + prior experience with vampires, he can notice that the shape of the mouth or jaw is slightly different because of the fangs? And given's highmax's love of unintended consequences, specifying how you smile is an excellent idea around here. ;) ))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: March 25, 2014, 07:51:44 am »

Thyra, who you didn't notice as you were busting your rear trying to deal with Karl, claps silently as she seen your impressive feat.

"Kind, and still full of surprises, aren't you Symon?"

She smiles as she turns in for the night. ((I assume you do the same))

Symon stutters, "N-n-no."

He does turn in for the night. Needless to say, he sets up his bedroll on the floor and sleeps on that instead of the bed provided.

Thyra awakes and goes downstairs and sings, but for tips and money this time. She leaves a note for Symon saying not to disturb her, she's trying to earn gold for Aurel and Cromwell's fine. The other party members awake. Some of you hear scraping on Nadarr's door

Symon lets out a little sigh of relief and heads to the temple again. Symon is not an imaginative man.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: March 25, 2014, 08:21:10 am »

((It is definitely a very difficult check. Unless the captain Crit (which he did), he wouldn't have realized. I never give a toothy grin to people. I even specify what kind of a smile it is. Most of the time I'm looking sideways when I talk or walk as well. I have no idea how the Captain realized, without me even saying a word. Was my jaw hanging or something?))
((Being startled awake by cold water, or perhaps him arriving as you slept he could've seen. Plus you were probably spitting water out after his men doused you))

Charming Gaze!

"Well then. Where do I begin? Have you ever heard of Vryloka, Captain? They are creatures that are incredibly similar to vampires due to a pact they made with an ancient deity but for all intent and purpose, they ARE living."

"Secondly, I saw that werewolf tear ashred a group of muggers before I could even realize what was going on. If you and your band of soldiers tried to put it down, you wouldn't go down without a significant chunk of the guard. Better to let it roam the wilderness and eat some silly animal, no? I think it's also worthy to note that so far I've not heard of anybody being drained of blood in this city."

((I suggest Cromwell prepares to fight. If I fail this diplomacy check, we're fighting our way out. I hope we'll be able to quietly kill him. Then we can stealth our way out. Gotta hand it to this guy though, he's the second one to notice my fangs in the whole game.))
(17+12+4) He lets go of your tooth but keeps a firm grip on your collar.
"(?) I'm well aware of Vryloka and their kind. You're quite the talker, but I don't see any lie in your words. I can see there may be another reason you kept the gates open, but I won't dig in. I'm going to be honest with you, vampire; (?) I'm not very fond of your kind, but I will deal with you. Unlike werewolves who cannot be restrained, you vampires can see reason."

The sun starts to shine in the cell. The guard lets you go and covers the window you can't see with a blanket.

"I'm willing to make a deal with you. Your companion, though he asked for it, I can't hold him in here, and will be released with a small fine. You however... You're going to have to sweeten the deal for me on top of promising you never show your face here ever again. Even if I have to wait all day for an answer, you will give me a good offer for your freedom before sundown. Until then, you are to remain in here until farther notice."

He turns to Cromwell.

"You will be released after you have paid a 25gp fine. I assume you have that much?"

((It should probably be a fairly difficult perception check any time you talk, and an easier one if you give someone a big, toothy grin. As long as you don't act innately 'vampire', people shouldn't notice in the first place.))

Karl wakes up, to his surprise, in his bed with a pounding headache. "What... the hells... was in that wine?" he groans, dragging himself upright. After splashing water on his face, he hears the scraping from the room next to his and remember Nadarr's pet.

After collecting himself, Karl opens up one of his travel rations and takes out the dried meat inside. Bracing himself against Nadarr's door, he cracks it open and shoves the meat through before closing it again. "Sorry, that'll have to do until Nadarr's back to feed you himself. And he gets to clean up, since I doubt you're housebroken."

Karl makes his way downstairs and collars the innkeeper. "First, throw out that bottle, I have no idea what you put in there, but that was not wine. Second, don't open the door to the room next to mine, the one the dragonborn is in."

Seeing the time, Karl starts making his way back towards the watch station.
You open the door and toss in the dried meat. You hear a hiss and several clicking as the door begins to ram against you and a claw tries to break out. You push the claw back after its tossed in and slam the door shut. Silence after the door slams makes you feel as if she is fine for now.

You go to the inn keeper and he laughs at you.

"Its red wine, one of the weaker alcohols we have. I'll take it back, lightweight, just have your mother get you whimsy wine next time."

His statement is heard throughout the place, and as you walk out to the barracks, the bar patrons shout "See ya lightweight!" or "Don't drink too much lightweight!"

You head to the barracks and find the Captain of the Guard is speaking with prisoners right now and wants to speak in private to them.

Thyra, who you didn't notice as you were busting your rear trying to deal with Karl, claps silently as she seen your impressive feat.

"Kind, and still full of surprises, aren't you Symon?"

She smiles as she turns in for the night. ((I assume you do the same))

Symon stutters, "N-n-no."

He does turn in for the night. Needless to say, he sets up his bedroll on the floor and sleeps on that instead of the bed provided.

Thyra awakes and goes downstairs and sings, but for tips and money this time. She leaves a note for Symon saying not to disturb her, she's trying to earn gold for Aurel and Cromwell's fine. The other party members awake. Some of you hear scraping on Nadarr's door

Symon lets out a little sigh of relief and heads to the temple again. Symon is not an imaginative man.
You head back to the temple. A morning service is being held in a minute or two and several patrons are gathering already.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: March 25, 2014, 08:22:19 am »

Symon quietly joins the morning service, smiling slightly.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:17 am »

Weston staggers downstairs, returning the rest of the bottle.
"Most excellent, sir. Now let's hope that I simply imagined two of my comrades getting arrested last night..."

He decides to listen to Thyra's performance while he eats breakfast, and will ask her what happened once she finishes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: March 25, 2014, 09:57:11 am »

((Too bad I didn't have Karl stick around. Being an armored knight with a hangover probably does wonders for his intimidate rolls...))

Karl sighs and settles in to wait on the Captain's pleasure.

((Good luck on the negotiations, Aurel!))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: March 25, 2014, 11:58:53 am »

Stand up, look around and see if I can see a house nearby. Perhaps a farmstead?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: March 25, 2014, 12:11:00 pm »

Stand up, look around and see if I can see a house nearby. Perhaps a farmstead?
You don't see anything other then the city gates.

((Too bad I didn't have Karl stick around. Being an armored knight with a hangover probably does wonders for his intimidate rolls...))

Karl sighs and settles in to wait on the Captain's pleasure.

((Good luck on the negotiations, Aurel!))
You wait in the barracks and try and sit off the hangover.

Weston staggers downstairs, returning the rest of the bottle.
"Most excellent, sir. Now let's hope that I simply imagined two of my comrades getting arrested last night..."

He decides to listen to Thyra's performance while he eats breakfast, and will ask her what happened once she finishes.
The barkeep tries to hold down an obvious laugh, and you sit down at one of the tables and eat your free meal. She sits down after about 20 minutes and sits down with you.

"Symon and Karl are out, and Nadarr hasn't returned yet. I'm trying to earn some bail money for Cromwell and... she strains a little it ...And Aurel. I have about 41 gold raised."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: March 25, 2014, 12:18:37 pm »

Nadarr sighs and looks down at his pants, which in their tattered state show a tale he doesn't want told. He takes his pants off and tosses them into any nearby cover, like a bush. He then looks for the man who stole his gems, rather frantically, and desperately. If he finds them, though he tells himself that he will, that he must, he will take the gems and also search the man's body. He will take his pants and put them on.

He will then walk casually through the gates
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 25, 2014, 12:57:44 pm »

Nadarr sighs and looks down at his pants, which in their tattered state show a tale he doesn't want told. He takes his pants off and tosses them into any nearby cover, like a bush. He then looks for the man who stole his gems, rather frantically, and desperately. If he finds them, though he tells himself that he will, that he must, he will take the gems and also search the man's body. He will take his pants and put them on.

He will then walk casually through the gates

You head back to where the man was. He's covering in blood and most of his clothes are ripped. You search him and find some gold, 29gp worth, but your gems are gone. His pants are in worse condition then yours were.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: March 25, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

Thinks for a moment and looks expresionless. Charming Gaze on our dear Captain.

"I see your point, Captain. I will pay a 150 gold in fine for my actions and in addition I will owe you a personal favor which you can choose when to call upon and what it'll be. You will not see my face again by the end of the day in this city either. In addition, would you be interested in 36 pairs of socks? And if that doesn't strike your fancy, I think you'll be interested to know that I'm from a very respected bloodline and they would be sad to see their heir go in such a nonchalant way."
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 344