Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 343278 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Murann...
« Reply #2205 on: March 21, 2014, 06:51:02 pm »

((It's times like these that I'm glad I simply had Cromwell go back to his room so you guys could have fun without worrying about me falling behind.))

Look out the window, do I see anything/anyone of interest? My party members? Thieves? Some A$$#$ to kick?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 21, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

((Pretty sure it said Artisan's tools in the CB. Want a screenshot?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Not on the forum, we discussed that your CB has a lot of house rules. And as stated, it ain't simple))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 21, 2014, 09:09:50 pm »

Symon looks at Thyra and mumbles, "I h-h-h-have s-some."

((If you somehow missed this or something...))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 21, 2014, 09:37:54 pm »

Symon looks at Thyra and mumbles, "I h-h-h-have s-some."

((If you somehow missed this or something...))
((Did a quick update before I left work. I had a shower, got settled in with a couple water bottles and giving my hand a rest after I also cut it open when I sheared a steel bench's leg off. I know I missed a lot))

Thyra shakes her head but smiles at the offer.

"You keep it. You will probably have a ways to go, even if we part ways somewhere down the path. Speaking of which, remind me why you guys are headed to that fortress. Weston, do you care to explain since Symon here can barely make full sentances around me?"

She makes a playful giggle as you look at her for poking fun at you. The three of you begin to wander about as you talk ((Just so we can catch up with Aurel))

((It's times like these that I'm glad I simply had Cromwell go back to his room so you guys could have fun without worrying about me falling behind.))

Look out the window, do I see anything/anyone of interest? My party members? Thieves? Some A$$#$ to kick?
You see a man in black robes walk into the inn from your window. Or he may be in front of it. You see a caravan or two pass by, but not much traffic. (?) You then see a humanoid (its difficult to tell from a distance away) in very ornate clothes. If anyone, you'd mark him as a mugging target.

Try to find anywhere in the place that might be stable
There seems to be a small room that housed caravans for loading. Not much on that part. You notice the sun is starting to get low from the windows. The burnt flesh smell seems a little stronger as you leave the caravan room. You also notice something not there from before; a note hung by a dagger blade. There appears to be no handle. It reads:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You hear a crow caw as you look around, but you still see nothing.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 21, 2014, 09:40:28 pm »

Head downstairs, see if I spot the black robed man, make a mental note of the ornate man's position.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 21, 2014, 09:45:12 pm »

"You keep it. You will probably have a ways to go, even if we part ways somewhere down the path. Speaking of which, remind me why you guys are headed to that fortress. Weston, do you care to explain since Symon here can barely make full sentances around me?"

She makes a playful giggle as you look at her for poking fun at you. The three of you begin to wander about as you talk.

Symon attempts to quietly separate himself from the group without Weston or Thyra noticing.

((Did a quick update before I left work. I had a shower, got settled in with a couple water bottles and giving my hand a rest after I also cut it open when I sheared a steel bench's leg off. I know I missed a lot))

((Alright. Just wondering. Also, ouch. Sounds kinda painful.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: March 21, 2014, 09:50:28 pm »

Head downstairs, see if I spot the black robed man, make a mental note of the ornate man's position.
You see the man in black robes walk away from the inn as you walk out. He turns towards your way and grins maliciously before disappearing into an alleyway. The ornate man is walking away, taking a different alleyway, obviously looking lost. Do you pursue either?

She makes a playful giggle as you look at her for poking fun at you. The three of you begin to wander about as you talk.

Symon attempts to quietly separate himself from the group without Weston or Thyra noticing.

((Alright. Just wondering. Also, ouch. Sounds kinda painful.))
((Its sore if anything))
You attempt to sneak off as Thyra waits for Weston to reply. (2+1 vs ? vs 12+1) She sees you trying to slink off and she looks puzzled. Weston also sees you.

"Well first you follow me and now you're trying to sneak away. Come now, I don't bite. And I don't think Weston's owl does either."

She grabs your hand and pulls you back with the group and lets go as you walk right next to her.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 21, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »

You attempt to sneak off as Thyra waits for Weston to reply. (2+1 vs ? vs 12+1) She sees you trying to slink off and she looks puzzled. Weston also sees you.

"Well first you follow me and now you're trying to sneak away. Come now, I don't bite. And I don't think Weston's owl does either."

She grabs your hand and pulls you back with the group and lets go as you walk right next to her.

"I w-w-w-wasn't f-f-following you," Symon protests, falling behind a bit to not walk next to Thyra.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 21, 2014, 09:54:19 pm »

Cromwell stood there for a moment. He saw two paths, one had the face of evil, the other had not.
Both paths branched in twists unknown.

But he chose to go to the Black robed man, there was something there that was not right, and he had to know.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 21, 2014, 10:12:10 pm »

Cromwell stood there for a moment. He saw two paths, one had the face of evil, the other had not.
Both paths branched in twists unknown.

But he chose to go to the Black robed man, there was something there that was not right, and he had to know.
You follow the man in black into the alleyway. You follow the path but you don't see the man as you go deeper in, even picking up the pace a bit. You check the second turn carefully as you checked the first and you feel a hand grab you and a dagger press against your throat!

"Don't try any of your teleporting gimmicks here, warlock. I know you cam down here looking for me. But did you know that it was I looking for YOU?"

You turn your head and realise the hand holding the dagger is heavily gloved and the other is bare. His grip tightens and you feel electricity flow through your body! You take (14) damage and are dazed (save ends)!

"I offer you one chance, Cromwell. I won't kill you if you follow Aurel into the fortress they are going to. I won't ask for you to swear it for deeds speak louder then words. However, your task will be different...

((expect a PM in a bit))

"I w-w-w-wasn't f-f-following you," Symon protests, falling behind a bit to not walk next to Thyra.
She keeps up with you, despite your efforts. You can't tell whats worse; the ninth circle of Hell or being stuck with the beautiful elven maiden and being unable to speak to her properly.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 21, 2014, 10:22:12 pm »

She keeps up with you, despite your efforts. You can't tell whats worse; the ninth circle of Hell or being stuck with the beautiful elven maiden and being unable to speak to her properly.

At least things are more clear-cut in the Ninth Circle of Hell. Symon just morosely walks forward, trying to keep his eyes locked forward, though they wander over to Thyra from time to time. He also keeps his mouth shut, mostly because he has not idea what to talk about.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 21, 2014, 10:26:43 pm »

Cromwell chuckled.
"I know where you come from. How many dimensions have you followed me?"
Cromwell then sighed.
"Unless you are just a pawn. Then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Tell your boss to keep a close watch, he'll enjoy the show."
Cromwell waits for the man to release the blade.
"And work on your magic a bit, mate. I've felt more shock from doorknobs."
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 21, 2014, 10:33:35 pm »

Cromwell chuckled.
"I know where you come from. How many dimensions have you followed me?"
Cromwell then sighed.
"Unless you are just a pawn. Then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Tell your boss to keep a close watch, he'll enjoy the show."
Cromwell waits for the man to release the blade.
"And work on your magic a bit, mate. I've felt more shock from doorknobs."
His insane laugh pierces your heart.
I have came from and went to many different planes of existence, Cromwell. You do not know where I am from, but I know you are not from this plane. And I'm not a pawn, but I am no great lord. Think of me as... The Field Marshall.

And I let my power flow well enough. That was but a taste of my strength, unlike what poor Nadarr suffered during our encounter... Speaking of him, you'll all be I'm for a surprise if you keep a close enough eye on him..."

Red mist floods the area and the man disappears as the mist goes away. You are no longer dazed (take 10). Perhaps the ornate man was the better choice? Nah...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 21, 2014, 10:36:39 pm »

Cromwell scoffed.
"Guess she turned to be right when she said to stick with my first guess on things."
Cromwell thought for a second, on how many years ago that was.
He headed back, to see of the ornate man was still within sight.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 21, 2014, 10:38:55 pm »

USEC_OFFICER really wants to RP as Symon more for some reason. Therefore he tries to break the silence by stuttering, "W-w-w-where are you f-f-f-from?"

Symon is not a conversationalist.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 344