Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342423 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1470 on: February 11, 2014, 02:08:10 am »

((Yeesh. This is what a DM-run PC looks like, ladies and gentlemen. It even gets action points!))

"Damn! Surround him and bring him down! Aurel, standing closest to the shadow swarm isn't the most sound tactic!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 11, 2014, 05:17:43 am »

((What the fuck. I counted at least five, possibly six different actions in that one turn:
Shooting crossbow (standard)
Moving closer to Aurel (move)
Slashing at Aurel (another standard, though there might have been an action to switch from crossbow to slashing weapon at some point)
Dashing through group, dealing damage (possibly a minor)
Attacking Weston (action point)

This isn't a just a "DM-designed PC", this is cheap as fuck.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 11, 2014, 06:38:34 am »

((Huh... yeah, you're right. I hadn't seen that Aurel put him back where he was after his turn. I thought he was still next to Aurel, which had made it slightly less broken.

And yeah, this is way more then even a PC-type enemy burning all its action points in one round. I'm hoping that all of our DPS can focus him down before he gets another round in, or we're all screwed.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 11, 2014, 07:23:41 am »

((What the fuck. I counted at least five, possibly six different actions in that one turn:
Shooting crossbow (standard)
Moving closer to Aurel (move)
Slashing at Aurel (another standard, though there might have been an action to switch from crossbow to slashing weapon at some point)
Dashing through group, dealing damage (possibly a minor)
Attacking Weston (action point)

This isn't a just a "DM-designed PC", this is cheap as fuck.))
((Beleive me, I actually removed a use of his crossbow that knocks you prone. I removed it after I changed that first power (teleport on hit then melee basic)

Honestly? I rolled almost max damage on all his attacks, and note those are recharge powers, so don't expect more for a while.

But in actuallity, everything there is similar to an attack Bouchart had but changed. And silly Hanzoku, did you forget about elite enemies and their action points?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 11, 2014, 09:31:54 am »

((I think the debate lies on how many he was allowed to use straight off the bat. I think PCs are limited to one action point used per round? Either way, we shall overcome!

And yes, I did. I read about it in passing, but since this is my first game in 4e, it hadn't come up.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 11, 2014, 09:55:50 am »

((I think the debate lies on how many he was allowed to use straight off the bat. I think PCs are limited to one action point used per round? Either way, we shall overcome!

And yes, I did. I read about it in passing, but since this is my first game in 4e, it hadn't come up.))

((It matters little how tough the enemies show up. After us felling that dire bear, this guy ain't scaring me at all.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 11, 2014, 03:37:12 pm »

((Standard, move, minor, as normal, not including action points. Remember the dire bear did 2 attacks in a row? He could do a third if he hit. That is the one ability that is more based on what he became, rather then what he was as a PC))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 12, 2014, 10:29:12 am »

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity Bouchart.
Move Action: Move to the square west of Bouchart, to flank it with Nadarr.
Major Action: Aspect of Might Bouchart!

"The darkness has given you physical power, but your soul has withered and so you. Will. FALL! FACE BAHAMUT'S WRATH, FOULSPAWN!"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 12, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity Bouchart.
Move Action: Move to the square west of Bouchart, to flank it with Nadarr.
Major Action: Aspect of Might Bouchart!

"The darkness has given you physical power, but your soul has withered and so you. Will. FALL! FACE BAHAMUT'S WRATH, FOULSPAWN!"
You call upon the power of Bahamut and use Aspect of Might on Bouchart! ((omfg... I have never seen this before and I HAVE to do something with it...)) (crit on both rolls) Bahamut hears your call and answers in kind! Aurel and a few others see an outline of a dragon around you as your flail goes above your head, smashing down on Bouchart! Nadarr gets a feeling of awe and hatred at the same time as he sees an outline of Bahamut in his form, his flail like the talons of Bahamut. The outline fades as the blow lands, and a loud crunch is heard as bones are heard to be broken. You deal (6+6+6+6+6+6+5) damage and Bouchart's arm looks completely fractured. Bahamut sees that you will need all the strength you can handle, and instead of gaining +5 to athletics and +2 to speed, you get +7 to athletics and +3 to speed. You feel a great power course through you, and Bouchart falters as his arm begins to reconstruct itself in shadow, but it is severely disfigured. Bouchart now takes a permanent -2 to attack rolls with his main hand weapon (his dagger).

Grot is in awe of this, as is the rest of the party. Until the begining of Symon's next turn, all allies get +2 attack rolls and +2 to damage rolls and all enemies get -2 to attack rolls and -2 to damage rolls. ((Double crit deserves SOMETHING and I counted his war cry as an intimidate check)) Grot begins his turn. He beleives Bouchart will be taken care of for now and takes his new found rallied spirit and goes to attack the dwarves! Grot uses sacred flame on SD2! It hits, dealing (10) damage! He gives Symon 2 temporary HP.

Karl begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((You gotta admit, with a double crit, SOMETHING has to happen))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 12, 2014, 04:48:04 pm »

((Well. THAT is what I call a good turn!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 12, 2014, 05:58:04 pm »

((Symon continues to hold his position as the ultimate single target DPS in the group!))

Karl narrows his eyes as the feeling of divine might flashes over him. It wasn't his Goddess, but it would do.

"In the name of the Raven Queen! Back! Return to the embrace of true death!" He roars out, longsword raised as he charges the shadow dwarves.

((Minor: Divine Challenge on SD2. Move/Standard: Glorious Charge on SD2! Action Point: If SD2 is alive, Shielding Smite on SD2, shield to myself. If it died, save the action point.

I'm regretting having used Bless Weapon last encounter, in retrospect. Ah well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.))

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:00:57 pm by Hanzoku »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 12, 2014, 08:15:05 pm »

((Symon continues to hold his position as the ultimate single target DPS in the group!))

((Mostly through sheer dumb luck. A 6d6 + 5 damage daily helps too.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 12, 2014, 08:55:19 pm »

Karl narrows his eyes as the feeling of divine might flashes over him. It wasn't his Goddess, but it would do.

"In the name of the Raven Queen! Back! Return to the embrace of true death!" He roars out, longsword raised as he charges the shadow dwarves.

((Minor: Divine Challenge on SD2. Move/Standard: Glorious Charge on SD2! Action Point: If SD2 is alive, Shielding Smite on SD2, shield to myself. If it died, save the action point.

I'm regretting having used Bless Weapon last encounter, in retrospect. Ah well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.))

You divine challenge on SD2 and let out a war shout in the name of the deity of Revenants. You move up a little and begin your glorious charge into the shadow. (13+8) your attack lands! You deal (8+4+3) damage and heal... Nobody. You drop an action point and shielding smite the now bloodied dwarf! (17+8) The attack lands, dealing (6+5+3) damage! SD2 is now critically wounded!

SD5 begins his turn! He flanks Karl and swings his brutal looking axe! The attack is fast and hard, hitting Karl and knocking him prone! Karl takes (13) damage.

SD3 moves up and attacks as well! The attack glances off of Karl's armor however.

SD6 moves up and attacks as well! The attack also is glanced off of Karl's armor.

SD1 shifts and attacks! The attack also is blocked by Karl's armor.

SD4 moves up and attacks Grot! He crits, dealing (14) damage! Grot is now in critical condition!

The new guy on his reindeer begins his turn! Bouchart is no longer eyeing your mount and is more focused on his damaged arm and pure fury and hate at Symon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((despite the - to attack rolls and damage rolls, these guys are rolling almost max damage if they hit. I think the dice are starting to turn on you guys))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 12, 2014, 08:59:55 pm »

"Hello there, newcomer! If you wouldn't mind standing right across from me, we should have our former comrade back in the dust from whence he came momentarily."

((Flank Bouchart with Weston and we should be in good shape.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 12, 2014, 09:30:26 pm »

"Hello there, newcomer! If you wouldn't mind standing right across from me, we should have our former comrade back in the dust from whence he came momentarily."

((Flank Bouchart with Weston and we should be in good shape.))
((I think I should remind you guys that ranged attacks provoke an opportunity attacks...))

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 344