Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342400 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Moutain Maze
« Reply #1440 on: February 09, 2014, 02:59:08 pm »

((The 40k fan in me is little miffed that you corrupted a Grey Knight, considering that not one of them has ever fallen to Chaos...))
((Who said that it was the warp that corrupted him?))

((The 40k fan in me is little miffed that you corrupted a Grey Knight, considering that not one of them has ever fallen to Chaos...))

((There's always a time for a first. Next thing we know it, we'll be hunting the Emperor.))
((Ain't happening. Yes, there may be inter-planar travel, but I'm not gonna drop you guys into the 40k universe. If I ever feel like doing it, I may make a world and drop you in it just to mess with your heads :P ))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 09, 2014, 03:06:22 pm »

((Point is they're considered incorruptible in-universe. Considering just how nasty Chaos and the Warp is, I find it hard to believe shadow beasties that 2nd-level characters can kill could do the job. But, whatever...))

Weston unequips his staff to equip his lightning dagger instead.
"Well, it was nice knowing you gentlemen. Any last words before we're overwhelmed and consumed?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 09, 2014, 03:09:54 pm »

((Point is they're considered incorruptible in-universe. Considering just how nasty Chaos and the Warp is, I find it hard to believe shadow beasties that 2nd-level characters can kill could do the job. But, whatever...))

Weston unequips his staff to equip his lightning dagger instead.
"Well, it was nice knowing you gentlemen. Any last words before we're overwhelmed and consumed?"

"I feel like I have to ask. Are you compensating for something with that staff? Yeah. I thought so. Now ready up!"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 09, 2014, 03:23:57 pm »

Grot pokes at the holes that were made by the creatures. He then uses healing word on Karl, giving him a surge + (4)

"Bastard deserve' wot 'e got. 'ope Archuther ain' gonna bother us no more."

You all hear the cackling fade, but the walls stay. You can't explain it, but it seems more... Intense. Grot pulls out a flask of oil and wets a torch and throws the oil. (?) it splatters and spreads thin, but it covers a lot of area.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 09, 2014, 03:55:20 pm »

Nadarr loosens his fighting pose, the light emanating from the runes on his staff dimming, then vanishing. He turns and begins to search everything, looking at the nearest wall as well ((Perception check on....everything, as well as Arcana check))

As he lowers his staff, Nadarr says to Aurel:

Just because you have no staff to speak of, Aurel....
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 09, 2014, 03:58:19 pm »

Nadarr loosens his fighting pose, the light emanating from the runes on his staff dimming, then vanishing. He turns and begins to search everything, looking at the nearest wall as well ((Perception check on....everything, as well as Arcana check))

"Yes, yes. We've all seen what you are capable of, Nadarr. Not only capable but also overly proud, going round town like that."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 09, 2014, 04:18:14 pm »

You check the area with perception first. The dark wall is for sure something, and the holes are a little annoying, but its fine to pass through them. You find nothing else that you haven't seen before. You arcana check everything and find the only thing magical to be the wall, which gives off enough dark energy that you don't dare check it farther.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 09, 2014, 04:24:08 pm »

Look down the holes. Then, search the cave for bodies ((I think some were mentioned?)) Upon finding them, search them, perception check as well.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 09, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »

Look down the holes. Then, search the cave for bodies ((I think some were mentioned?)) Upon finding them, search them, perception check as well.
You look down the holes and find they twist and turn in directions that you cant seem to follow unless you were small in size. You look again at the bodies and find the same before; torn clothing and broken gear, nothing of value at all. There is also the bear's corpse which litters the entire room with intestines and other various insides. (?) You manage to stomach looking at the blood and organs that litter your garb

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 09, 2014, 04:34:36 pm »

Look for an escape route.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 09, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »

((Did Archuther's equipment also degrade and disappear with him? I'm going to guess yes, since handing off a +2 chainsword to a 2nd level party is a bit nuts, but... worth asking.))

"Gentlemen, less snarking at each other about who compensates the most for their limitations, and more finding a way out. Weston, can you send Nimue down those holes quickly and see if any of them have offer any chance of escape? If she needs a light source, maybe she can carry an active sunrod in her talons?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 09, 2014, 04:48:10 pm »

Tell what I saw of the holes((Just so ya know  :P)). Looks significantly at Karl's huge sword.

Well, let's see who's compensating, hmm?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:57:30 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »

((Did Archuther's equipment also degrade and disappear with him? I'm going to guess yes, since handing off a +2 chainsword to a 2nd level party is a bit nuts, but... worth asking.))

"Gentlemen, less snarking at each other about who compensates the most for their limitations, and more finding a way out. Weston, can you send Nimue down those holes quickly and see if any of them have offer any chance of escape? If she needs a light source, maybe she can carry an active sunrod in her talons?"
Archuther, and his gear, are gone. There is no trace of him save the scorch marks of his explosive item.

Look for an escape route.
(?) no matter how hard you try, there is no way out.

As you head back into the cave, behind Grot's wall of oil, the wall seems to fluxuate and then bodies pop out. HUMANOID bodies. They fall down and slowly get up. There is hate in their eyes and you can tell from the height and the beards that these were dwarves once. You're not too sure about them now, since their bodies are black like those shadow creatures and have red eyes like theirs. They also appear to be carrying axes that are very brutal looking with spikes and a hook coming off of the top.

Six of these dwarves walk out, but one more, shorter then a dwarf but much more powerful from what you see, walks out. He holds a dagger in one hand and a crossbow in the other. Sparks of shadow "shock" the ground as if some deep power radiated in him. A second look at the face as he grins makes you recognize this shadow creature;

Bouchart has returned from death as a creature of shadow.

He shouts something in a language you cannot understand and then speaks in common.
"Kill them all. The Dark One will relish in new bodies!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I need mastacheese's character's feat and utility please))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 09, 2014, 05:23:53 pm »

"Well, he finally said something that didn't involve injuring horses. That's...a plus, I suppose? And no, I don't think Nimue would be able to fly through those tunnels. Sorry."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 09, 2014, 05:29:57 pm »

Karl smirks. "For a soldier, a greatsword is overcompensation. A longsword is simply showing off."

((I'm assuming this is a new encounter?))
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 344