Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341519 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Athkatla...
« Reply #825 on: January 04, 2014, 07:49:31 pm »

Buy two healing potions and two spare daggers.
You do so, looking the opposite way of Nadarr as he puts on his pants.

Bouchart
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Buy some fine clothes while talking to him and equip them over the haunting clothes afterwards.

"We are adventurers in search of a place deep in the mountains. It is an abandoned dwarven fortress from what I know. Anything you can tell us about it and the creatures that lurk would aid us greatly. We might even get rid of them for you if you ever go through this path again."

After clothing up with the fine clothes, Aurel fixes his collar and brings out the two wine bottles he bought from the inn.

"This here is some excellent wine of the finest vintage. I know you would prefer the exquisite dwarven ale but a bit of a shake-up isn't bad from time to time, no? Let us drink over a cup or two while we exchange information. If you find the wine to your liking, I am willing to separate with this unopened bottle as well, at a price."

Try to haggle about the bottle of wine and gather more information from him.
He stops for a moment after he hands you the expensive and fine clothes. You two sit down by your camp as the others begin to talk with some of the others; the guards and drivers.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that... It was many years ago when it became forgotten... For a purpose. We lost many great treasures in there, even our beloved..." A tear rolls down his eye. "Our beloved flagon of ale procurement..." He wipes his eye and shakes his head. "But you must wonder what it was that made us leave. Well, it wasn't abandoned, as you can probably tell... It was sacked. Some mages with dark magic came in and killed everyone. There was one, by the name of Ur, and he came and killed most of our kind. Him and his mages, they weren't normal. He... He revived those he killed. A necromancer some say he is. I don't know if they're still there, but his spawn is for sure. His little mage followers and the undead that plague there.

If you kill Ur, I'll be in Crimmor for a few weeks, and then I'll be headed back to the mountainhome to the east of here. If you find him there and kill him, bring me his head. And that flagon... Our dear sweet flagon... I don't care what you find and keep in those damned halls, but I'll make you and all your comrades very wealthy if you do so. Everything you can carry from that place, you can keep. But let me know, if you do survive, if he lies dead. I'll send word to my lord and we will send a party of dwarves to reclaim it... And your names will be recorded in their halls as the savior and reclaimer. Do this, and you do a favor for all dwarves and the living."

He tries some wine but you see he doesn't like it too much. He doesn't want the other bottle of wine.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 04, 2014, 07:59:36 pm »

"I see."

Sips some more of the wine, enjoying it.

"Alright. We accept your quest. If we find the thing you've requested, we will visit you. But there is one thing I must ask. Does this place have a name?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 04, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »

"I see."

Sips some more of the wine, enjoying it.

"Alright. We accept your quest. If we find the thing you've requested, we will visit you. But there is one thing I must ask. Does this place have a name?"

"We used to call it Uristash... But now we call it Ana~Atayo... The Dead Homes..."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 05, 2014, 03:45:08 am »

((Oh gods, a dwarf fortress. It'll be a deathtrap! On the upside, maybe the mage is in the noble quarters, with the !!Fun!! lever right outside.))

Karl buys two potions and a few extra torches

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 05, 2014, 07:02:01 am »

((Oh gods, a dwarf fortress. It'll be a deathtrap! On the upside, maybe the mage is in the noble quarters, with the !!Fun!! lever right outside.))

Karl buys two potions and a few extra torches
You do so

Karl:

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Buy 100ft of rope and five torches.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buy 100ft of rope and five torches.
You buy some rope and torches. The caravan guard then see's you're a magic user and says he's got something you might be interested in.

He digs about the caravan and pulls out an old book and a decently sized container. He offers you 200 residumm and a ritual of detect secret doors for 300gp. He says many would like such an offer, and you get first pick.

Nadarr:

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

300gp! Do you wish to ruin me? Listen, my friend, we are going on a journey which may very well clear this trade route for you. Think of being the only caravan knowing this way is clear! Now, would you rather kit out those clearing your route or leave them to die? I am sure you can think of a more mutually beneficial price!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go next to Nadarr, put his hand over Nadarr and say:

"My good friend, excuse his rudeness. I'm sure we can agree on a price."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

300gp! Do you wish to ruin me? Listen, my friend, we are going on a journey which may very well clear this trade route for you. Think of being the only caravan knowing this way is clear! Now, would you rather kit out those clearing your route or leave them to die? I am sure you can think of a more mutually beneficial price!
((Diplomacy?)) (20+7) He looks at you and shakes his head. "I'll make it 250. No less. I already offered at a loss, but if you really insist."

Go next to Nadarr, put his hand over Nadarr and say:

"My good friend, excuse his rudeness. I'm sure we can agree on a price."
(11+11) He knows, but he still won't lower then 250.

<The caravan guard seems to be rapidly loosing his patience>

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, my good man. I will take you up on your offer. Bless the wisdom of Dwarves!

buy it and look at it. Arcana check and perception.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, my good man. I will take you up on your offer. Bless the wisdom of Dwarves!

buy it and look at it. Arcana check and perception.
You see it just contains the ritual to detect secret doors. It will take ~8 hours to study it fully (not during an extended rest). Looks like you have something to do during the trip. The residumm can be used for rituals you have (if you didn't already know) so you can actually cast them.

Nadarr:

The dwarves begin to pack their stuff up and say their goodbyes. They wish you luck on your trip. You return down the road and Nadarr begins to read his new book.

You travel along but as you go on, a storm begins to take over. The road starts to become slippery, wet and muddy. You don't make much progress, and the lightning is scaring the horses. It goes away after about half an hour, but the trip goes a little slower then usual.

Nadarr (4+1+5), Aurel (15+1), Bouchart (2+2), Symon (3+5), Weston (6+2+5), Karl (13-2), Grot (19+0+5). Bouchart is now freezing (-5 to all defences excluding AC and -8 to all checks). Weston, Karl and Nadarr are now cold (-3 to all defences excluding AC, -5 to all checks). Aurel is now chilly (-1 to all defences excluding AC and -2 to all checks). Grot, despite being fine, thinks you should rest for the night; you're making no progress, you're just starting to hit the foot of the mountains and everyone is shivering but him. He says he'll take first watch with Aurel since they're the warmest if you stop now. It is now close to sundown.

What does the party do?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I concur with Grot.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Look for sticks or other materials to build a fire, and start one with the flint.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

After Bouchart gathers the sticks and stuff, set it on fire with Explosive Pyre.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 344