Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341555 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Athkatla...
« Reply #765 on: January 03, 2014, 12:50:11 am »

((Hmm. Someone else can have the armor then; Weston doesn't get hurt a lot so he probably doesn't have as much use for death saving throws at the moment.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 03, 2014, 12:58:51 am »

((Hmm. Someone else can have the armor then; Weston doesn't get hurt a lot so he probably doesn't have as much use for death saving throws at the moment.))

((If I need it, I'll steal it  :D. Although I do need it since I'm mainly a melee fighter and wearing it after stealing it in your presence isn't the smartest of things.))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:47:10 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 03, 2014, 02:31:05 am »

((We're going to have xxFUN!xx if Karl ever catches on that you're a vampire as well, Aurel. :p

Oh, and leave it to Karl to get everything arranged? Bah, hope we don't get attacked in the next day.))

Karl pays for meals for however many people eat instead of getting drunk and passing out immediately from his own funds, then leaves and returns with the horse and cart, stabling it behind the inn. When the innkeeper presses him on the issue of mounts, he agrees that he would like one, but the rest will need to make up their own minds.

Property safe, he eats his meal and settles into a chair near the stairs up to take up the first (and given how quickly people went to bed) and only watch.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:14:48 am by Hanzoku »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 03, 2014, 06:53:55 am »

((We're going to have xxFUN!xx if Karl ever catches on that you're a vampire as well, Aurel. :p

Oh, and leave it to Karl to get everything arranged? Bah, hope we don't get attacked in the next day.))

Karl pays for meals for however many people eat instead of getting drunk and passing out immediately from his own funds, then leaves and returns with the horse and cart, stabling it behind the inn. When the innkeeper presses him on the issue of mounts, he agrees that he would like one, but the rest will need to make up their own minds.

Property safe, he eats his meal and settles into a chair near the stairs up to take up the first (and given how quickly people went to bed) and only watch.

((Huzzah for my house ruled grogginess checks! (Endurance based). I'm also probably going to roll in case if you pass out))
You try and keep yourself awake for the watch.

You agree to buy a mount, but let the others (who now slumber before you) decide for thier own. You pay the man 80 gold and then take the only watch.

(7-2) (7-2) (15-2) (4-2) You pass out after the fourth hour.

(?) Lucky for you, nothing happens during the night while no one is on watch (except what already happened).

You all awaken long after the 8 hours, it is now ~7am.

Nadarr feels a little breezy this morning and groggy enough to not notice he's missing his pants. (3+1)

(13+0), (10+5), (5+2), (crit), (14+1)/(8+1).

Symon and Grot don't really feel groggy, Bouchart leaps right out of bed, ready to start the day! Aurel wakes up and feels a hangover coming on. Weston is rather groggy this morning.

(All groggy people will take a -2 penalty to reflex for the first hour, and Aurel will take a -2 to will and fortitude for being hung over)

Grot awakens and goes downstairs to check on the cart. The rest of the party remains upstairs as the barkeep comes back upstairs. HE offers another round of food and brings up the question of mounts again (80gp each).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:07:53 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:49 am »

((Heh, knew I should have taken Endurance as a trained skill. Also, this is going to end up as comedic gold.))

Karl yawns and stretches, trying to work the cramps and twinges out of his muscles after fighting several battles in one day and falling asleep in a chair in his plate armor. He's only partially successful.

Once everyone is downstairs and more-or-less awake, Karl turns to Aurel "Now that this Grigore is dead, are we likely to have any more trouble from this family in the short term?"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:22:21 am by Hanzoku »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:47 am »

The others hear a bang as Nadarr gets up. He yawns, showing teeth, and scratches his backside. ((PERCEPTION CHECK ON MY DAMN BLOODY LACK OF PANTS))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 03, 2014, 10:16:20 am »

"Now that this Grigore is dead, are we likely to have any more trouble from this family in the short term?"

"Not likely, no. While they are definitely an amazingly large family, the family often branches itself into parts and pursues me individually, each with their own goals. I do realize we have no idea how they knew of my whereabouts, but considering they work independently, they probably have no idea where I am so far. Oh, by the way, Karl. When I said that it is my belief that it is the Raven Queen's will for them to become what they are, I meant that this is what my research led me to believe, considering their belief as well. "

Checks out the holy symbol he nicked from the air and buys his own mount. A glorious steed indeed. Also congratulate the barkeeper on the excellent wine and buy another bottle for the travel. Check how much money I have left afterwards.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 03, 2014, 10:42:32 am »

"I believe I shall ride in the cart. I can concentrate on keeping an eye in the sky that way, and I'm not all that heavy."

Weston tossed the haunted clothing he picked up the other day at Aurel.

"Here, try this on. It's got some sort of magic that should help keep you from your final death. I plan on living forever, so I do not need it."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 03, 2014, 03:02:53 pm »

HE offers another round of food and brings up the question of mounts again (80gp each).

Symon looks down at his feet and mumbles, "I-I d-d-don't really n-need a h-horse."

((I forgot to ask earlier, but does anyone else use staffs or cloth armor? I mean, I kinda just took two magical items without checking to see if anyone else wants them  :-\ ))

((Symon wears cloth armour exclusively, but I think you're the only one who uses staffs.))

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 03, 2014, 03:19:33 pm »

I'll buy a mount.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 03, 2014, 03:39:38 pm »

HE offers another round of food and brings up the question of mounts again (80gp each).

Symon looks down at his feet and mumbles, "I-I d-d-don't really n-need a h-horse."

*sigh*

"Come on, Symon. I'll get you a horse."

Buys Symon a horse
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 03, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »

Symon kinda shrinks inside his robes, but mumbles, "O-okay..."

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 03, 2014, 04:03:16 pm »

"If nothing else, horses are good eatin'!"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 03, 2014, 04:04:45 pm »

Look at him shocked and very startled. Aurel does not recall him ever talking.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:12:33 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 03, 2014, 04:05:25 pm »

((It... It talked :o

Update in an hour or so. I can't update without dice and my dice are at home...))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 344