Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341956 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): In Athkatla...
« Reply #570 on: December 30, 2013, 07:25:52 pm »

I'll look for hapless chumps to pickpocket.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 30, 2013, 10:54:24 pm »

I'll look for hapless chumps to pickpocket.
You wander about but everyone in your area looks either penniless or too well guarded... Except ONE person, who is in a red cloak and he appears to be busy looking for someone, so he's not looking your way and he doesn't seem to notice you. (15+11) You sucessfully pick his pocket and pull out a gold pouch. Inside is 67 coins and a note, which reads the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You realize as you look up he's looking down at you and grinning. He grabs you by your collar and drags you into an alleyway. Despite any sounds or movements you do, no one seems to bother helping you. He goes in a bit and throws you down. He pulls out a widow's knife and walks towards you...

Search for the cart, trying to be alert
You wander around and stumble into a nearby alleyway that seems to go back towards that shop. You then hear something and you turn around and see a woman in a red cloak running straight towards you with a widow's knife in hand. Her hood is thrown back and you notice she has some resemblance to someone you know, AND she is NOT human, despite her looks. She grabs you before you can react and throws you down to the ground. You look up and see her pointing the knife at you...

Wrap up the sale and put the money with the leftover gold from the watchtower for later division. Return with Grot and Symon if he's staying with the cart to where everyone split up to make it easier for everyone to meet up again.

While he waits, Karl attempt to figure out if the short sword does more then light up before it's owner is turned into pate and bonemeal.

You do your business and walk away with a nice pile of gold and return to the cart. Grot putzes about town with the cart and you and Symon walk alongside it, and you try to identify the sword. (20+0) you find out its a basic +1 shortsword... But somehow, with your knowledge of magic, you tamper with the magics and it someone becomes something better; as if you evolved the magic with your own magical essence. It has become a vanguard's shortsword +1.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grot stares blankly for a bit and you all wind up at a dead end. As Grot moves the cart around, you hear him gasp and the cart stops moving as he jumps into the cart to grab his short sword and cower. Symon and Karl turn around and are met with two men in very familiar red cloaks who block your way! They each pull up a widow's knife and symon notices they aren't human whatsoever; their abnormally longer incisors make you think of vampire but they aren't pointed. You also hear one mumble to one, "If the big guy causes trouble, you know what to do."

They approach you as the one closer to Symon speaks to you both. "Welcome to Atkatla gentlemen. We are from a noble house from afar and noticed you two came in with a goblin on a cart with a... Man... We wish to see privately. His name is Aurel. Would you kindly bring us to him? We don't mean any trouble..."

Karl notices their words are lies except about the noble part and finding Aurel. Symon notices it too.

Aurel:
After your new contact walks away, you see the red cloaked man stand before you, hood thrown back, revealing that he looks a little like someone you know, only... Younger and thinner. He has a widow's knife in hand and he grins maliciously and speaks in Quori; "Finally, I found you, Aurel! We have never had the chance to meet since you were gone before I was born, but I assure you, you know my father and my grandfather... And you should know what they want of you." He charges with blinding speed at you!

Weston:
You turn and are met with that man who was following you, hood thrown back. "I did not mean to startle you my good man. I am a noble from a faraway land and I couldn't help but notice you as you walked into town. My name is Elzeny, and I saw you were with a man who is of great interest to me. His name is Aurel, and I only wish to speak with him." He seems honest enough. He tosses you a handkerchief that is very ornate. "And please, wipe your tears my good sir, there will be no need for those." You hear a familiar grunt farthur down the alleyway.

Bouchart:
The man grins a little as he walks towards you. "Little thief aren't ya?" He makes a weird half hiss half gurgling noise. "Here I was going to hire ya to help me before I kill ya, but now ya gone and angered me, so I'll kill you now, ya runt!"

Nadarr:
You look up and the woman grins at you. "I'm here to give you an opportunity, dragonborn, and the only way you'll listen is if I got you in this position. I know you're close with Aurel, and I would have you know I'm hunting him. You bring me to him, I'll see to it you're rewarded immensely." She even gives a seducing wink as she extends her hand. You DO seem to see her as attractive for a non-human human.

Grot:
Grot cowers in the wagon and keeps the sword handy. He turns around in the wagon and starts praying to the great goblin gods for strength and courage.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 30, 2013, 11:54:39 pm »

Attempt to see who is grunting.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 30, 2013, 11:59:09 pm »

Attempt to see who is grunting.
You look down the alleyway and see nothing so far. As you take a few steps, the man stops you. "Leave them, its probably some rabble that tripped or somewhat."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 31, 2013, 12:08:18 am »

"Yes. Yes, of course. Anyway, Aurel and I have gone our separate ways. I would not want to be in the same room as him, even if you paid me, so I certainly have no intention of introducing you to him."
((Bluff check))

"Now, excuse me..."
Weston walked back onto the street and instructed Nimue to fly off a ways before looping around for a better look down the alleyway. He also examines the handkerchief using with Arcana to see if it has some sort of nasty enchantment.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 31, 2013, 12:26:02 am »

"Yes. Yes, of course. Anyway, Aurel and I have gone our separate ways. I would not want to be in the same room as him, even if you paid me, so I certainly have no intention of introducing you to him."
((Bluff check))

"Now, excuse me..."
Weston walked back onto the street and instructed Nimue to fly off a ways before looping around for a better look down the alleyway. He also examines the handkerchief using with Arcana to see if it has some sort of nasty enchantment.
Nimue takes off and sees Nadarr with a woman in the same garb as this man with a widow's knife pointed at him! You try to lie to the man but whether he understood it or not, he grabs you. "I give you one last chance half-elf... You walked in with Aurel and you surely know where he is or where he is going." He pulls out a bag after he lets you go and pulls out a piece of platinum ((100 gold = 1 platinum)). "I can make it worth your while..." He grabs the handkerchief and tucks it back into his pocket. "A half-elf like you surely would like some extra gold for a new staff or some nice new robes..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 31, 2013, 12:35:29 am »

Weston began cackling.

"You offer gold? What is gold compared to the power I possess?!" Weston's eyes flash and swirling balls of pure Chaos appear in his hands. He calls up as much magic as he can to make himself appear threatening (Intimidate! One of these has to work!). "Now leave me be at once! And call off your companion over there as well!"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 31, 2013, 12:52:19 am »

Weston began cackling.

"You offer gold? What is gold compared to the power I possess?!" Weston's eyes flash and swirling balls of pure Chaos appear in his hands. He calls up as much magic as he can to make himself appear threatening (Intimidate! One of these has to work!). "Now leave me be at once! And call off your companion over there as well!"
Your intimidation fails and he looks confused at the companion statement. "And so young to die..." He pulls out a widow's knife and readies to strike, but you have a chaos bolt ready, so you can attack right away.

((For those who are in combat scenarios (aka everyone but Grot/Karl/Symon/Nadarr) you all act on a different initiative order then everyone else, so this will be really chaotic and !!FUN!! for everyone. Once you post an action, you will stick to that until I post your actions. Everyone will end their encounter at the same time, but running into another's encounter works perfectly fine (which is why there'll be an initiative order but it won't be seen in case you all run away and meet up somehow))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 31, 2013, 12:58:06 am »

((Oh for fuck's sake. What did I roll? +9 Intimidate is pretty damn good for 1st level.))

"I am no youngling, and you will regret your decision this day!"

Shift away for the Move action, attack the woman (the companion Weston referred to) attacking Nadarr with Excise from Sight. If it hits, make Nadarr invisible to the woman.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 31, 2013, 02:29:47 am »

((I don't know what I did, but I like the result! And I don't doubt we'll be in combat very soon. Unfortunately for those poor bastards, I have Symon on my side.))

Karl brings his shield off his back, holding the short sword in a low guard. The glow crackles off the faint runes that have formed down the length of the blade. He mutters to Symon and Grot "Be ready, this doesn't look like it'll end well." before stepping towards the two in robes to make himself their focus.

"I don't know what your business is with our companion, but I don't appreciate this feeble attempt at intimidation. Put away your little pigstickers and find someone else to bother."

Use intimidation to back up the threat. Given they're wearing matching cloaks, can I use a knowledge check to get a clue as to where they're from or if they belong to a known organization?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 31, 2013, 09:18:21 am »

Aurel:
After your new contact walks away, you see the red cloaked man stand before you, hood thrown back, revealing that he looks a little like someone you know, only... Younger and thinner. He has a widow's knife in hand and he grins maliciously and speaks in Quori; "Finally, I found you, Aurel! We have never had the chance to meet since you were gone before I was born, but I assure you, you know my father and my grandfather... And you should know what they want of you." He charges with blinding speed at you!

A dark crackling form takes over my voice, I tilt my head, widen my eyes and with a smile of hideous glee, I start talking.

"I haven't seen your kind in a long while."
Sees him charging towards me.

"Do you long to be in your uncle's embraces so much, child? Come. I shall fulfill your desire. Hahaha..."
His laughter trails off in an echo and suddenly whilst looking at him Aurel abruptly stops and brings his index finger facing him, making a motion to come.

Dark Beckoning
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:21:16 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 31, 2013, 11:16:53 am »

Symon clutches his flail protectively,. "W-what are they?" he whispers to Karl.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 31, 2013, 11:41:59 am »

Sirus:
((Oh for fuck's sake. What did I roll? +9 Intimidate is pretty damn good for 1st level.))

"I am no youngling, and you will regret your decision this day!"

Shift away for the Move action, attack the woman (the companion Weston referred to) attacking Nadarr with Excise from Sight. If it hits, make Nadarr invisible to the woman.
((Hostile and unwounded increases the DC by a crapton and usually causes them to get angry))
You don't have an ability of that name, nor do you have line of sight of Nadarr; Nimue does, and you cannot cast from her.

Karl/Symon:
((I don't know what I did, but I like the result! And I don't doubt we'll be in combat very soon. Unfortunately for those poor bastards, I have Symon on my side.))

Karl brings his shield off his back, holding the short sword in a low guard. The glow crackles off the faint runes that have formed down the length of the blade. He mutters to Symon and Grot "Be ready, this doesn't look like it'll end well." before stepping towards the two in robes to make himself their focus.

"I don't know what your business is with our companion, but I don't appreciate this feeble attempt at intimidation. Put away your little pigstickers and find someone else to bother."

Use intimidation to back up the threat. Given they're wearing matching cloaks, can I use a knowledge check to get a clue as to where they're from or if they belong to a known organization?
Symon ponders on what they are. He doesn't know

(?) You history check is in vain, and all you can recall is Aurel has the same cloak as these fellows. (3+8) The one closest to Symon shakes his head. "Well there goes that plan... Cut down the big guy, I got the child here!" They begin to charge!

Karl is hit but the other misses Symon. They slash at you with their widow's knives and deal (7) damage to Karl!

Aurel:

A dark crackling form takes over my voice, I tilt my head, widen my eyes and with a smile of hideous glee, I start talking.

"I haven't seen your kind in a long while."
Sees him charging towards me.

"Do you long to be in your uncle's embraces so much, child? Come. I shall fulfill your desire. Hahaha..."
His laughter trails off in an echo and suddenly whilst looking at him Aurel abruptly stops and brings his index finger facing him, making a motion to come.

Dark Beckoning
He slashes at you with his widow's knife before you can launch your attack! He deals (10) damage! You strike back with dark beckoning and he fails to land a hit on you from an oppertunity attack. You hit him and deal (4+4) damage! He laughs at you as he attacks again. "Come, kinsman! Let your fell blood be spilled!" He just hits you and deals (5) damage! You are now bloodied! ((I think I made them a bit too strong... Nerfing time!))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 31, 2013, 11:46:48 am »

((Actually, pretty sure I do have that ability. It's from my Forgotten Realms background, IIRC. Could you check please? No handbook access at the moment.

And besides, I didn't get the impression he was hostile yet. He was still trying to bargain, after all.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 31, 2013, 11:57:38 am »

((It's... around 3:00pm, isn't it? Do you guys think it's worth expending my daily power? Also, Action Points. We should probably start using them, given that we just had two encounters and (maybe) two milestones. Plus we lose them when we rest, so might as well use them.))
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 344