Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340849 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): To the Capital!
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2013, 02:48:19 am »

Karl nods to Nadarr as he tucks the map away safely.

"Good guess, to the south. It's a short trip." he says in a low voice, not wanting to discuss the possibly unguarded or lightly guarded treasure trove in front of the stranger.

Raising his voice, he looks over the half-elf. "And what is your purpose? If you're just passing by, we'll have the way cleared of this goblin trash shortly."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2013, 09:41:23 am »

The half-elf pantomimed tipping a hat towards the latest speaker, as he had no hat to actually tip.

"My purpose is to travel and learn, sir, and not much else. Call me Weston. And while originally I was just passing by, would you perhaps allow me to tag along with your merry band? 'Gobbos gallop in great groupings', as my father always said, so there's bound to be more of them around here, waiting to prey on solitary travelers such as myself."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2013, 12:25:59 pm »

Says to Weston:

"We go through peril to an uncertain destination. I can't speak for the group, but if you are to come we must know that you can hold your own. We can't afford a burden."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2013, 05:29:28 pm »

"Naturally. Well, while I'm afraid I'm not much for knocking heads together, I do hold some small proficiency in magical matters. I can conjure ice and hurl it at a foe, for instance, or summon bolts of pure psychic power. I may also be able to help you avoid further ambushes, if any should come up."

As Weston spoke, an owl flew out of a nearby tree and perched on the end of his staff. It might have been mistaken for a natural bird if not for its bright green eyes, which glared at each of the other adventurers in turn.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2013, 08:24:05 pm »

Symon stares at the owl for a couple moments. "I w-wouldn't mind if you j-j-joined us."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 18, 2013, 11:39:15 pm »

Weston chuckled at the man's apparent nervousness.

"No need to look so worried; Nimue won't bite unless I tell her to. Doubt she'd be able to do much more than nip at your hair or clothing in any case. Anyway, she's how I can help you while we're moving through dangerous territory. I'm sure you can see the advantage a flying scout can provide."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 19, 2013, 12:39:02 am »

Shivers apparently

"I once met an owl ten times my size. Needless to say, it did more than just try to put a 'nip in my clothing'."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 19, 2013, 01:45:41 am »

Shivers apparently

"I once met an owl ten times my size. Needless to say, it did more than just try to put a 'nip in my clothing'."
((The owlbear incident we had awhile ago?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 19, 2013, 02:35:03 am »

Karl looks around and sees the general agreement to let the stranger tag along and shrugs.

"Alright, then. Welcome along, Weston."

Pulling out the map, he calls the group around and shows them the mark on the map

The goblins have a hoard here, near the river. We killed all of our ambushers, so we might be able to approach the area and surprise any goblins left behind to guard their loot. They are goblins, so there might not be much, but that orange one had a glowing sword, so there's no telling, there might be other magical items. It will be a detour from our current mission, but I think we can still make it to the ruin and back, even with this detour worked in."

((Loot-wise: If it won't slow us down, we might as well take it all. If there is a space/weight issue, I'd throw at least the swords and glowing shortsword on the cart, along with Gonzou's gear and maybe the small chainmail.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 19, 2013, 08:47:12 am »

Shivers apparently

((The owlbear incident we had awhile ago?))

((I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. I suppose I could use that too.))

((I doubt there'll be a weight issue as I believe that the cart will be capable of supporting most of our loot, (after all, why'd Olon give it to us if not so?) however, if we do need more space, we'll just do a check on what we can wear versus what we need and throw away what we don't. I don't mind going in and taking it. This time the goblins won't catch me by surprise.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

((It can carry quite a bit, but to have everyone ride the cart and still have a decent speed would require a second horse and probably a wagon. Everything can go on for now, but I think only Symon, Weston, Aurel and Bouchart can ride it in pairs as long as Bouchart is one of them))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2013, 06:28:05 pm »

Looks at Weston and says:

Indeed, you can hold your own. That owl may come in handy. Welcome to the team.

Says to everyone in general

"Now, I have been mulling this over for a bit...When we had two rogues, I was to propose they act as scouts in our journey, observing the trail ahead as we go. However, after Gonzou's...accident, we have one rogue. With the addition of Weston Nods in his direction, we have an owl to observe the skies above as well, providing he's willing. But that leaves us with one on the ground...would anyone have sufficient skill to scout the other side of the path? Especially nearing the goblin's base...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 19, 2013, 06:31:47 pm »

"I'll do it."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 19, 2013, 06:35:25 pm »

((So the party is headed towards the goblin hideout, but scouting it first? Hmmm... Yay stealth vs perception checks!))

EDIT:
((I think I should explain short and extended rests now.

During a short rest, you can spend a healing surge to use your second wind. A short rest lasts 5 minutes, just as long as an encounter roughly does. This recharges encounter powers and anything that you can do during a short rest. In the time that Symon took to do his corpse hauling, I will allow up to 3 short rests for everyone (looting, hauling, Gonzou's "burial", Weston's arrival, etc). This means you can all gain your surge 3 times for using second wind three times. This way, Mr. paladin doesn't need to use all of his lay on hands for the day, and you still have enough hp! But remember: short rests do not recharge daily or item powers!

Extended rests are similar but... Well, extended. You all rest for 6 hours (8 if you have a watch) and regain all of your healing surges, action points and daily powers, as well as your hp is fully restored. You can only have an extended rest every 8 or more hours, depending on the DM (I'm allowing 8 hours, but sometimes I'll make it more). Remember though: extended rests advance to the next day! You still have 40 days left to complete your journey, but make sure you have enough time to make it back to meet with Olon. I do reccomend grabbing some supplies that olon reccomended in the capital and then leaving with haste; Amn is known to have shadow thieves and the like everywhere...))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:40:49 pm by highmax28 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 19, 2013, 10:18:49 pm »

"Of course Nimue and I would be willing to help. Obviously if we go underground or something she becomes slightly less useful as a scout, but I'm sure we'll still find ways to impress you all."

Weston gave a short bow before continuing.

"Well, you know who I am and a general idea of what I can do. Mind introducing yourselves, my lords and..."
He suddenly glanced around, checking each of the party members.
"...ladies? No ladies? Oh well..."

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 344