Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342954 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): On the Road Again
« Reply #2625 on: April 08, 2014, 04:59:20 pm »

Karl helps Symon move Nadarr into the wagon, then fetches his clothing and faceplate carefully, putting them next to Nadarr. He gestures to the dragonborn's pet, securely fastened inside the wagon.

"We've been taking turns feeding your pet and letting it out on a lead to do its business. It's been... interesting."

Karl sticks some stones in the ashes of the fire and goes to saddle his mount. When everyone is ready, he digs them out, wraps them safely in an old cloth he uses to clean his armor and places the now-warm stones next to Nadarr.

"Here, I noticed you were trying to crawl into the fire earlier, I figure these will help you keep a little warmer, at least until they cool again."
You do so. The party mounts up and begins to go down the path at a faster rate then yesterday. (?) Down the road, a few of you hear the sound of what you think is singing in a different language (elvish). You then see a wagon being drawn by a horse with two elves on the cart laughing and singing with another wagon following behind with one elf behind.

What luck! An elvish caravan has arrived. Thyra hails them and dismounts.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: April 08, 2014, 05:00:57 pm »

Symon looks like he's been gathering up his courage for a while now, but sadly sighs when the elven wagon approaches and stops his own cart.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: April 08, 2014, 05:04:16 pm »

Karl looks around to see if there are any other elves with the caravan. The chances are low that this is some elaborate ambush, but given their luck so far, he wouldn't put it past the gods to throw another complication there way.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: April 08, 2014, 05:05:22 pm »

Watch silently.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: April 08, 2014, 05:26:19 pm »

Karl looks around to see if there are any other elves with the caravan. The chances are low that this is some elaborate ambush, but given their luck so far, he wouldn't put it past the gods to throw another complication there way.
(?) You only see the three elves, who dismount as well and bow.

"Greetings, fellow elf. And to your companions. We are merchants from the east. Do you wish to browse our wares?"

Thyra immediatley speaks to one to bargain on the price of prince root. The other two speak to the rest of you.

"Greetings, travelers. We are elven traders, and we carry some of the finest goods of elvish make. Do you wish to browse our wares?"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl dismounts and ties his horse to the party's wagon. "What sorts of wares do you have?" he asks as he walks with one of the traders to their wagon.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl dismounts and ties his horse to the party's wagon. "What sorts of wares do you have?" he asks as he walks with one of the traders to their wagon.
"Crafts, fine elvish wines, trinkets, baubles, and some gear you and-" He notices that none of the party appears to be magically inclined save Thyra (since Nadarr is still in the cart) "-your magically adept friend here. And a few potions."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl asks to see the gear and to look through the potions for anything interesting.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl asks to see the gear and to look through the potions for anything interesting.
You see their gear. They look finely made and all but... Its all made of wood. They have pretty much any non-magical "armor" and "weapons" made you can think of... except axes. The potions they carry, though there aren't much in variety, are as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, Thyra seems to be shaking her head a bit as the other elf pulls out random plants you aren't familiar with. She seems to be loosing patience quickly, but no one close enough can understand what they're saying. ((Sorry Weston, they're off to the side and I did a perception check and you failed it))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"Did somebody say fine elvish wines?"

Browse through the array of wines and baubles/trinkets.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl inspects one of the potions of Feyspeak "What does this one do? It's not something that my instructors covered."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Did somebody say fine elvish wines?"

Browse through the array of wines and baubles/trinkets.
Despite the armor and weapons being made of wood, the trinkets have some small gems as well as being made mostly of ornate wood and do give off magical auras. They say they have the following:

As for wines, they have the following:

The elf cautions on how strong the Feywine is, but says the taste is highly remarkable... He also says the price is an almost outrageous 125gp for a cask.

Karl inspects one of the potions of Feyspeak "What does this one do? It's not something that my instructors covered."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"How much for the potion? Who knows, it might come in handy some day."

((Whatever price is offered, Karl will try to use diplomacy to haggle it down... unless he can tell he's being offered a great deal from the start, of course.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((What, are sorcerers not considered to be magically-inclined any more? :P ))
Weston examined the wares, though he didn't have much in the way of money after purchasing the brooch. He certainly had no intention of buying anything to drink after what happened to Nadarr!

(in elvish) "What news is there out east, half-brothers?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"How much for the potion? Who knows, it might come in handy some day."

((Whatever price is offered, Karl will try to use diplomacy to haggle it down... unless he can tell he's being offered a great deal from the start, of course.))
The elf helping you says he'll sell the potion for 45gp. You're not familiar with the price, so you attempt to haggle it down. (12+9) He tilts his head and then offers 38gp for the potion.

((What, are sorcerers not considered to be magically-inclined any more? :P ))
Weston examined the wares, though he didn't have much in the way of money after purchasing the brooch. He certainly had no intention of buying anything to drink after what happened to Nadarr!

(in elvish) "What news is there out east, half-brothers?"
((Oh shoot, I think I miscounted you as something else. Lets just say he assumes you to be the only magically inclined one as well as Thyra, being a skald and all))
"There are strange tidings from what we hear, and word travels fast. Shadow creatures are attacking the night and now two dragonborn from an adventuring party from Loudwater in the Grey Vale are in the area. One seems to be a rather mad paladin and the other seems to have his scales shine in the sunlight. Some rumors say he rusted in the rainfalls we had this past week. But rumors are rumors, and I can't confirm them myself. Oh, and a group of bounty hunters arrived in Mosstone last week, seeking some heads to hunt. You ask me, though, and I say they won't last more then two weeks in Amn."

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 344