Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves won't use ash  (Read 996 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Dwarves won't use ash
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:33:01 pm »

I've done some searching and haven't found anything to help me out.  I've tried everything I can think of in-game.  So here's the issue.

My dwarves claim there is no ash in the fortress for making lye or potash.  I can verify that there is plenty, and I can continue making more.  But the dwarves just won't recognize or use it.  I can't figure out why.

Any ideas?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't use ash
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 10:43:15 pm »

Have you got any elaborate stockpile setups causing dwarves to haul it in a circle? If it's always tasked, it can't be used.

Find a bar of ash in the z > Stocks menu. Is it forbidden or hidden? Zoom in on it. Is it where you think it ought to be?

How are you designating the lye jobs, and what is the message you get that tells you it can't be done?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't use ash
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 12:24:54 am »

I think I figured it out.  I didn't realize I had my ashery set to only accept material from my wood stockpile!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.