Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 88050 times)

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #570 on: January 22, 2014, 09:40:40 pm »

alright then! make me a dwarf  :D

Mr.Mountain shall be the name
Preferred Occupation: Hunter
Worships: Thor & Odin Dasel, Govos the Waxy Wings, & Othud Worthmoral the Peaceful-trust of Bravery
Like/Dislikes: (do I go with the usual dwarf stuff here or something different?)
BG: He lost his parents at the age of early manhood, 17, which motivated him to take up crossbow and hunt the giant lion that took them from him. He decided to go on an adventure in order to find the bastard, but this was in vain, as the beast was clearly either dead or long gone. To make up for his impotence, he feels it is his obligation to hunt the largest beasts he can find.

I guess that's about it, I don't see him wanting any relatives or such. let me know if there's anything I need to add or fix!
no one could have anticipated this

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 22, 2014, 09:51:22 pm »

IC
*Still standing near the head of the hall*

"While I don't have a vote in council issues, it would make me glad to know Cain's hand is helping to guide the settlement.  As one who knows what its like to work with his hands, I feel his opinions will be well informed and trust he will make sound decisions."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02:18 pm »

OOC
that looks fine mountain, as for likes and dislikes, thats just whatever you imagine your dwarf thinks.  If he likes the usual dwarfy things so be it.
please refer to this post for your and others ongoing influence level
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 23, 2014, 10:54:28 am »

It would be nice for all profiles to be on the wiki. Also anyonw can actually add screenshots to the wiki, as all those screenshots are available. Moreover, anyone can decide what screenshots to make, make it and put them in the wiki.

[Kerod(9) calls for the deposition of Dwarf4Explosives(7) from the council and placement of Cain(9) in her place]:

For:2
Against:0

Do you count yourself for two? We need to be crystal clear on any republican procedure, if we do not want any civil strife around Gorgeadmired.

I vote Yay! Though I am not sure if it is a for:3 or for:4 (because I am not sure why Kerod counts for two)

Neblime, treating naming as a work proposal could potentially generate a great deal of influence without any actual tradeoffs (actual work projects impacts defense and scarce resources management, just naming stuff on the XL map does not have any downsides)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 23, 2014, 11:27:01 am »

If you are a Council Member:
    If you have more influence than a council member you may initiate a vote to kick them off the council.  Make a post explaining why they don't belong here.
    Council members vote yea or nay, excluding the target
    If you have a replacement in mind with more influence than the current council member you get +1 vote for yes
    If the overall vote is yes, the council member is removed, you gain 5 influence, everyone who voted yes gains 1 influence  For purposes of citizens attempting to gain council position an empty spot counts as having 5 influence
    If the overall vote is no or tied, you lose 10 influence, and everyone who voted yes loses 1 influence
    So Kerods own vote plus this bonus (since my influence is higher than D4E's) is what makes up the the initial 2. Then Neblime and Teledwarf so it is "For:4" currently.

Edit: Wanted to do this to Derpislava but Neblime objected, so convenient that D4E quit, not that I am happy about that. So question, if I join, do I gain 10 or 5 influence?[/list] Damned list wont delete.
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:36:29 am by Cain12 »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #575 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:02 pm »

It doesn't really matter to me much, anyway. I'm stepping down even if this doesn't go through, which seems unlikely. At this point it's pretty much inevitable.
    And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
    ...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
    Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #576 on: January 23, 2014, 12:53:47 pm »

So question, if I join, do I gain 10 or 5 influence?

well, the way I read that rule it looks like Kerod will gain 6 or lose 1. Other voters will other gain or lose 1, or will be unaffected.
    So I do not see any additional influence for you in this rule :)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
      • View Profile
    Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area (As proposed by accoro). Attempt II.
    « Reply #577 on: January 23, 2014, 12:57:51 pm »

So question, if I join, do I gain 10 or 5 influence?

well, the way I read that rule it looks like Kerod will gain 6 or lose 1. Other voters will other gain or lose 1, or will be unaffected.
    So I do not see any additional influence for you in this rule :)

I checked the rules, this is all I found of relevance from the influence rules.

If you are a Council Member:
    If you are appointed to the council you gain 10 influence.
    If you are dismissed from the council you lose 10 influence.

So I suppose Cain gains 10?
    Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #578 on: January 23, 2014, 12:59:00 pm »

IC
    Elorf Moltenrags lets his eyes run across the landscape of Gorgeadmired. All they see is soil, soil and some lumber on top for decoration.
    "Hmm." he muttered, "Enough soil to feed a thousand elves, but no stone to warm the dwarf.".
    "Aye, this place will appreciate the wonders of stone!".
    *Elorf marches forwards. Towards rock, booze and fame.*

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #579 on: January 23, 2014, 01:15:47 pm »

re:Naming

I think we could just follow what typically happens in real life - the first person to see something gives it a name (this would be some sort of dwarfy name, The Hill of Silk, the Socked Forest, etc) that would show up on maps.  If it doesn't have an official name, the locals just start calling it something and over time that name becomes the name of the feature.

So I don't think we need a naming procedure, I think we just call some area by a name and then, once that name is established, someone proposes that we accept it as the official name for all future maps.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #580 on: January 23, 2014, 04:31:16 pm »

re:Naming

I think we could just follow what typically happens in real life - the first person to see something gives it a name (this would be some sort of dwarfy name, The Hill of Silk, the Socked Forest, etc) that would show up on maps.  If it doesn't have an official name, the locals just start calling it something and over time that name becomes the name of the feature.

So I don't think we need a naming procedure, I think we just call some area by a name and then, once that name is established, someone proposes that we accept it as the official name for all future maps.

I agree, there really is no need for naming things to have a complicated process when we could just suggest and keep what sticks.
    Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
    • More GG more skill
      • View Profile
    « Reply #581 on: January 23, 2014, 04:50:32 pm »

OOC
    As for naming, fair points all, having so much influence would be silly...
    and as for influence gain, if succesful kerod gains 5, all who voted yes gain 1, and cain would gain 10 not 11 because he is not a council member who can vote, but gets 10 for becoming one (which is essentially a separate event from the vote).
    if the vote is no kerod would lose 10, everyone who voted lose 1, not including cain for the same reason.
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:58:23 pm by neblime »
    http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
    I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #582 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:27 pm »

Thank you for the clarification, good thing you didn't lose eh kero?

Edit:But really, that could be used against someone, since only the nominator suffers any real loss if it fails.
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:23:26 pm by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #583 on: January 23, 2014, 06:40:15 pm »

Thank you for the clarification, good thing you didn't lose eh kero?

Edit:But really, that could be used against someone, since only the nominator suffers any real loss if it fails.

Well, to be fair, it is a rather drastic move, so a large risk is natural, yes? Still, I really did put myself at too much of a risk for this, I should hope Kerod II is assertive enough to resist these plans in the future and achieve his goals by his own work, as opposed to quietly tacking them onto the bigger, more important works of others.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #584 on: January 23, 2014, 06:59:11 pm »

Well, to be fair, it is a rather drastic move, so a large risk is natural, yes? Still, I really did put myself at too much of a risk for this, I should hope Kerod II is assertive enough to resist these plans in the future and achieve his goals by his own work, as opposed to quietly tacking them onto the bigger, more important works of others.
    Well its not like the chance of failing is high anyway, ends in a little less than a hour, if the whole council was active there might be a real risk.
    Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60