Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 87852 times)

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #210 on: December 23, 2013, 08:57:47 am »

IC

Well then, If you won't agree with me then i'll do this myself! Give me an iron set, iron axe and i shall fight against them myself! Point me in the direction of the goblins and i shall fight them myself, No help needed.

OOC

Well i lost this argument so give me -4 influence.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2013, 09:04:21 am »

OOC
it isnt over yet, wait 24 hours.  There are yet council members who haven't voted.  (granted it's a longshot, as some of them are NEVER Active)
-editX2
Teledwarf pointed out its actually influence based anyway, I was thinking of a different rule I think >.< 
Unfortunately your vote still doesn't count as you have 0 or less influence.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:45:12 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2013, 09:10:28 am »

IC
Well it appears the actual soldiers have spoke against you.

As someone who lost a child to the goblins I can say that using that to justify your desires is an insult.
Our priority should be in regaining iron, and putting it the right hands, not demands of steel or pointless constructions. Most of us already live in the long house, ready to be rallied together in our time of need.

Today, the loss of two of our kind aside, was a victory, the mob that destroyed that goblin scum showed that, special mention to Sakzul who's brutal display left me in awe. Today showed me that we are weak in neither melee nor ranged combat.

I would deem Iron, something we are low on if not out of, a gift, you, an unproven, are unworthy of. Return to the hospital and treat the real warriors.

For: 1
Against: 4

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2013, 09:21:20 am »

OOC
BTW dont forget to vote on my claim to the scintillating cobra! if no one votes against me i get it automatically
I do not really care who gets Cobra right now, so I am abstaining until there are any other proposals/ideas.
On that matter: I also presented a vote, which everyone ignores

on it.
Shall I just post up a bunch of proposed god related activites and their uh.. "Divine" influence costs and profits?
You for sure can start that ball rolling, like basic stuff and such. But until we actually have gods and they actually tell us what they are up to it will all be only theoretical work.

Well then, If you won't agree with me then i'll do this myself! Give me an iron set, iron axe and i shall fight against them myself! Point me in the direction of the goblins and i shall fight them myself, No help needed.
IC
If council will agree with my vote I will give you iron and even teach you how to use it.(OOC: Zargoth has no noticable skills so far, so without a bit training he can be our first armored fallen dwarf :) )

OOC
it isnt over yet, wait 24 hours.  There are yet council members who haven't voted.  (granted it's a longshot, as some of them are NEVER Active)
-edit
On that note, it's actually for 0 against 3 as only council member votes count for labour/resource proposals.
i guess it is 0 against 60, because of the voting rules you posted(influence, doubled for council members), but I agree, we still have enough influential dwarves abstaining to turn the tide.

Also need to change current influence listing. Zargoth starts with -2 for roleplay reasons, and he has a brother, Domas Satdeduk.
(I guess I missed him while preparing that long post with new mechanics.)

Well in regards to being an architect, high or no, would be wiling to fill such a position, but would warn I am no good with Minecarts, or complex traps or transportation, so my use would be limited to buildings like houses, graves, indoor gardens, memorials to the fallen and other stuff any idiot could design. So you need something designed say so and I will see what I can produce.
Sorry, forgot to reply to this one.
With traps and transportations deal High Engineer. High architect only designs buildings and can help Fortification Commissioner, Urban Commissioner, Landmark Commissioner and such.
And you will be surprised how few people can actually design anything better then a box with a door(if you look at the current map you will see that all of our buildings so far are boxes).

Neblime, just remembered: Cobra is currently installed in late Urist's house. does your claim extends to that house too? or just the bed?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:28:42 am by TeleDwarf »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 23, 2013, 09:33:35 am »

IC

IC:

Calm down, Calm down! There is no need for such outrage. I should hope you have the caution and clear head to see the foolishness of your demand. To allow you to run out and recklessly endanger yourself would put us in danger as well.

In all cases, you may not leave the region in pursuit of the goblin lands, you would starve far from your goal.
I understand your anger, and your desire to fight for your people, and would support you in this. With training, you will make a fine addition to our military. There will be time to train, and then prove yourself.

"If council agrees, I would like to start training a 24x7 military squad, including:
me as a militia captain or militia commander, armed with a set of iron armor and iron crossbow, salvaged from last year's goblin ambush.
Dwarf4Explosive, as a marksdwarf, as he wished to be "the weakest of your military", armed with a set of iron armor and iron crossbow, purchased from humans the last summer.
Sakzul, as a hammerdwarf, armed with a set of iron armor and iron warhammer, forged by our fortress.
Zargoth, as an axedwarf, armed with a set of iron armor and iron battleaxe, salvaged from last year's goblin ambush.
We could also use Derpislava, but I think she might be better off training the council squad."

"I must also notify council that we need at least 5 capable leaders to command 5 peasant squads we have dwarves for so far. I am sure that establishing this squad will greatly help with gaining military experience for anybody who wishes to command his own squad one day."

For:1
Against:0

This suggestion seems a practical way of improving our military might. So, in the interest of protecting our home, I feel I must agree here.

For:2
Against:0
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:36:30 am by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 23, 2013, 09:43:10 am »

OOC
I do not really care who gets Cobra right now, so I am abstaining until there are any other proposals/ideas.
On that matter: I also presented a vote, which everyone ignores
oops >.<

i guess it is 0 against 60, because of the voting rules you posted(influence, doubled for council members), but I agree, we still have enough influential dwarves abstaining to turn the tide.
good call on the influence, I forgot this one wasnt just votes.
and.. double oops.. did I miss someone posting about that? why does he start already slightly disliked?
failing as secretary D:
Neblime, just remembered: Cobra is currently installed in late Urist's house. does your claim extends to that house too? or just the bed?
IC
I only want the bed, but if I so desired I am well within my rights to claim the house.  I refer you to the redress proclamation:
 "No Citizen of the Slick Murk may withhold property which the council has deemed required for a purpose pertaining to
our royal mission
"
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2013, 09:52:38 am »

here.

IC
I only want the bed, but if I so desired I am well within my rights to claim the house.  I refer you to the redress proclamation:
 "No Citizen of the Slick Murk may withhold property which the council has deemed required for a purpose pertaining to
our royal mission
"
And since council deemed no such thing - house is up for grabs. That is an excellent quality lake house with masterwork furniture, nice view from windows, large cellar and a workshop (or whatever resident would like to put there. can be even his own statue if he get's someone to sculpt it)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2013, 09:55:06 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Teledwarf (+10) Suggests A plan for military improvement.
For: 30
Against: 0
A sound, well reasoned plan for the development of our defense.
And hopefully, a way to satisfy Zargoth.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:00:34 am by neblime »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2013, 10:08:37 am »

Dwarf4Explosive, as a marksdwarf, as he wished to be "the weakest of your military", armed with a set of iron armor and iron crossbow, purchased from humans the last summer.
Excellent. Are non-council members allowed to vote? If so, I am pro-squad leaders. I'd like my dorf to worship Datan, Dasel and Kidet.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2013, 10:14:14 am »

Excellent. Are non-council members allowed to vote? If so, I am pro-squad leaders. I'd like my dorf to worship Datan, Dasel and Kidet.
According to this you are a council member.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:16 am »

OOC
Well I kinda like boxes, it seems the most orderly way to make rooms, but I will try to be more creative and make at least some appealing to look at boxes.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2013, 12:43:53 pm »

I wonder what else I've not noticed/forgotten about this fort. Hopefully nosomething important. Anyway, how is the fort itself progressing?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »

that depends where have you dropped off. a lot of changes in OP, first reply and overall in the thread.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2013, 01:32:20 pm »

Sorry about that. I thought the OP changes were simply the same updates you had already given.

Anyway, looking at the map, it seems pretty impressive, although we clearly need better defenses. All creatures on the map can simply stroll into our center of operations (and in the case of goblins, slaughter us all).

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2013, 05:30:11 pm »

IC
An aquifer!  What is this?  There was no aquifer in the past mines.  Blast it, I just got here, and now I have to explain to this council what has gone on.  Although I'm probably the most skilled miner here, I'd probably fail at convincing them that this sort of thing happens all of the time.  Perhaps I should just take my punishment...

Addressing the Council:

Aye, it's true that I breached that aquifer, and as a miner I should have known better.  Since I haven't heard from any engineer on how we can solve the problem that we have now, I suppose that we are stuck, for the time being.  I am no mason, but I would also be willing to risk my life attempting to wall off the west side of the mine to control the water flow, and keep it to the east.  This could provide water for wells, should we need it.  From there, I could dig my way back up to the existing entrance.  I don't know if this will work, but it may be something we can try, should the council deem it the best option.

Or, I'd be more than willing to start another mine, this time paying attention and looking for wet rock.  I understand that most would like to see me jailed, and were I them I would as well.  I'll volunteer for the military, to lead one of these....peasant squads if it please you.  I'd prefer to enter battle with my pick though, if possible.  If that is not enough to appease the council, I would also not argue against being inserted into a permanent military squad, although it would weigh heavy on my heart to swing my pick at rock no more. 

I lay the choice at the feet of the council.

I'll have to put thoughts of a miner's guild on hold for now, until I can reclaim some small bit of dignity.

Aquifers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:43:26 pm by ColdBones »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60