Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 118639 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Unraveling
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2014, 07:27:53 pm »

I'm not voting 4mask unless someone else outs as cop. If you are the real cop, we win instant if you out. Otherwise, I don't see why Nerjin would bother to vote 4mask.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2014, 07:29:27 pm »

Because I don't think he's actually cop. There might not even BE a cop.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2014, 07:46:45 pm »

Nerjin: poor decision making and massive doses of irritation.  Call it lies if you will, I'm likely to be lynched anyway.  Might as well vote for myself.

I now defer to the judgement of my betters.

Alright let me teach you something real quick. This is a claim to emotion. Sometimes claims to emotion work well. Other times they scream of desperation and will get you lynched. BUT that's not what I'm here to teach, here's the specific thing I want to tell you: If you say things like this in a real game people WILL vote you. If you don't care about your role in the game no one else will. Unfortunately for you the cop-claim seems more like "I'm trying to deflect" more than anything else and this just seems to confirm it 4mask

Sorry for not being aorund as much as I should. I've started up college again and the first week has been a bit... harsh.

I understand that people would vote for me in a normal game.  And Nerjin is right, it is statistically possible that there isn't a cop.  It is also possible that there isn't a doc, and that there was no night-kill declaration.

Oh, and Nerjin:  I'm an emotional person.  I'm not going to lie on that.  And I know that you are specifically refering to the "I'm likely going to be lynched anyway" thing, but here's something for you to think about: Perhaps 4mask wants to be lynched.  At least this game.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2014, 07:47:42 pm »

Stop the wifom.

I don't think mafia will bet on such a thing.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 16, 2014, 07:48:12 pm »

Hang on, what does wifom mean?  I keep hearing it brought up.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 16, 2014, 07:50:56 pm »

Wine in front of me. It basically refers to circular logic.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 16, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »

Just looked it up, I see what you are meaning.  While I don't know what his exact logic for the lynch vote was, though, what he's said so far doesn't sound like a WIFOM, it sounds more like he is merely trying to play big boys mafia against a beginner.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 16, 2014, 07:52:30 pm »

And while there is a certain amount of sense to that, on the off chance that the beginner proves surprisingly competent, it does seem like a difficult thing to guess accurately.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 16, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »

Look I'll say this: I'm not picking on you. If anyone else claimed Cop I would have said the same thing. Especially under the circumstances and considering what you said afterward. It's not you. It might just be a newb mistake but... Something feeels off about it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 16, 2014, 07:59:52 pm »

I'm willing to join the 4maskwolf vote.

His one case has been against MOWE, which basically restated SBC's case against MOWE, a little after SBC said it, and since then has done little scumhunting while being very defensive for some reason. Then he claimed cop, and came across as scum pretending to be cop. Just, everything I've read from him screams scum to me in a way I've never seen before.

Look I'll say this: I'm not picking on you. If anyone else claimed Cop I would have said the same thing. Especially under the circumstances and considering what you said afterward. It's not you. It might just be a newb mistake but... Something feeels off about it.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 16, 2014, 08:08:06 pm »

Oh, I never thought you were picking on me.  Frankly, I was slightly dissapointed with Mastahcheese when he immediately unvoted me after it.  Questioning of motives is always a good thing

I'm just going to give a stark reflection on what caused me to claim.  If and when I am lynched or nk'd, should I flip town, you will know this to be true.  Also, Nerjin, as IC could you give me some advice on what to do next time:

I enter the game a sub, only to find that my predecessor was a lurker who the previously lynched mafia member had failed to out as such, drawing undue suspicion upon himself.  I find myself in possession of a power town role, but with two lynch votes out of four people voting and two lurkers, who later poked their noses back into the game.

My initial plan was to do my best to scumhunt until my power found the scum, then claim and go for the lynch.  However, shortly thereafter I find myself, or at least perceive myself to be, under extremely close scrutiny by the other replacement, without a solid knowledge of how to assuage concerns and counter-question.  This, combined with a tendency to jump to conclusions, results in at least one other person noting that I am at the same level of suspicion.

Now, I find myself growing slightly irritated.  The fact that I was irritated was entirely my own fault, but it appeared to me that I was destined to be lynched.  As such, I decide to reveal my role and clear the name of the one person who I know to be innocent.

Advice for next time?

Oh, and Persus interrupted me.  I vote for a shorten on the day, to get this over with.  We have four votes for me, more than enough for a lynch.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 16, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »

And actually, I've been trying to build a case against imp, I just don't know what questions to ask.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 16, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »

Pfp.

Very well wolf. I'll drop in again and explain why I don't like the claim.

1. You weren't really being pressured. You have a while before the end of the day. The claim came out of the blue and claimed someone that everyone already sees as town is town! This is the major issue I have with this.

2. You're trying to tell me that someone who barely posted in the thread decided to investigate someone? Pufferfish just randomly come in just for that?

3. This just doesn't seem logic at all. You had two votes. One ahead of Nerjin and Imp. I can find no real reason for you to act like that unless your desperate.

And I threw my suspicion in so the post isn't entirely devoid of information because I don't want to waste people's time.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:51 pm »

I just realized that I had missed answering one of imp's questions from the massive post.

I have no previous experience with FORUM MAFIA, which is considerably more hardcore than the mafia I am used to playing.  The "under various guises" was meant to mean that, in casual mafia, I have played all of the roles that I have encountered.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 16, 2014, 08:16:41 pm »

Now, is anyone going to back me on the shorten so that I can leave and stop being railed against?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38