Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142519 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!
« Reply #795 on: December 24, 2013, 03:19:45 am »

Sorry Imp, I thought I could pull off an Hivemind pretend to be...

But I messed up twice, first with the hivemind claim, then with the conversions...

The thing is... Claiming Hivemind isn't a good idea... Because you can be shown to be a liar wayyy to easily.

Toaster

SBC:  Remember this?

Makeinu: I see a possible explanation for the "two shields" bit, but I'm not going to say what it is until Mr. Cat comes forward and corrects his claim.

The correct answer was "Alien Survivor" with a natural mind shield.  If you had claimed that, not only would I have bought it at first, I would have tried to help you win.

Toaster, I do remember, I was considering it... But sadly, I hesitated too long. Also, I felt that if I claimed Survivor, and didn't initially, I would've been completely killed.

By claiming Hivemind, I have a reason to lie the first time, by claiming Survivor, no reason to lie.

Tiruin: It was an on the spot, what the hell kind of thing, I'm not even sure why.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #796 on: December 24, 2013, 03:20:03 am »

Makeinu: I see a possible explanation for the "two shields" bit, but I'm not going to say what it is until Mr. Cat comes forward and corrects his claim.

The correct answer was "Alien Survivor" with a natural mind shield.  If you had claimed that, not only would I have bought it at first, I would have tried to help you win.

Toaster, I do remember, I was considering it... But sadly, I hesitated too long. Also, I felt that if I claimed Survivor, and didn't initially, I would've been completely killed.

By claiming Hivemind, I have a reason to lie the first time, by claiming Survivor, no reason to lie.
PFP Post game response limited to this despite all other replies.

Kittycat~ DX
You needed aid :S
And really--if you did claim Survivor or Agent Operative, I'd be sure gunning to believe you there :v

Tiruin: It was an on the spot, what the hell kind of thing, I'm not even sure why.
:'(

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 24, 2013, 03:21:44 am »

The question would've been, Why didn't I claim Survivor originally?

I stalled way too long on that... and I thought I blew it, and if I was Tiruin, I would've raised the red flag about 5 times if I claimed Survivor...

That's why I didn't. When Makeinu first suggested, I should've just outted instantly.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 24, 2013, 03:22:55 am »

Fear that they would kill you for not being Town.  And because some types of aliens are decidedly dangerous to Town.  Like the hivemind they came to believe you were.

That might've happened even if he'd claimed Survivor. With the shields he'd claimed, there was no way to verify anything on him. It might've let him live another couple days, but sooner or later, that process of elimination would've put him on the chopping block again as the only possible, however improbable, suspect.

Were I in those shoes, I'd've jumped at Agent Operative and started feeding false reports, trying to sow enough doubt that I could break trust amongst the ranks. Even that would've butted up against the Mind Stealer sooner or later.

PPE: You did miss an opportunity there, cat.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 24, 2013, 03:33:59 am »

Were I in those shoes, I'd've jumped at Agent Operative and started feeding false reports, trying to sow enough doubt that I could break trust amongst the ranks. Even that would've butted up against the Mind Stealer sooner or later.
PLUS, given your role? There's a claimed agent.

Problem being you'd have to fake the 'what if I know the Agent now', thing. :O I doubt this ever happened in the past games.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 24, 2013, 03:35:07 am »

Sorry Imp, I thought I could pull off an Hivemind pretend to be...

But I messed up twice, first with the hivemind claim, then with the conversions...

The thing is... Claiming Hivemind isn't a good idea... Because you can be shown to be a liar wayyy to easily.

Toaster

Cat, you understand that they were saying D3 that they had to kill you because they thought you were Hivemind, right?  If you chose to hide as Hivemind, you picked to 'hide' as something very much like a serial killer, something that was enemy to both dopps and humans, and that Town couldn't win without your death?

You are right that claiming to be Hivemind isn't a good idea, but it's not because you can easily be proved wrong - it's because you're hiding 'being something Town needs to kill' by pretending to be 'something else Town needs to kill'.

But you don't have to be sorry to me at all!  You did really well under really hard conditions.  I've played beside you, and I took your measure very intently in our first game here, because I was -so- sure you were Scum there.  I think you did very well in this game - you played Scum better than I expected you would from our BM!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 24, 2013, 03:37:07 am »

Why thank you...
NOW WHY DID BOTH OF YOU GUYS DROP DEAD! D1 and D2 ARGHHH! >: C :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 24, 2013, 03:39:43 am »

Since then, this is the first mafia game I've lived to see the end of, no matter what my role.

It only works once.

Might be amusing to you to check out some of Jim's past games.  I haven't looked at all of them, but recall that quote I referenced, where he said he realized he'd never be able to do anything cool as Scum again?  Poor guy apparently attracts -crazymuch- amounts of especially new player attention.  Without fail, or nearly so.  If you can draw that off of him, he's surely going to love you for it, even if you hate it yourself.
I'll have to disagree that it only works once. There are epic people--and their worth is mostly determined by what people see; now, most people don't do metaknowledge and from what I recall, all those where Jim was early targeted was because he played extremely well as opposed to everyone else. The common reason on why you target people.

Though...something that supports that argument of yours is that I never get anyone picking on me. I'm not a juicy target, guys? :(

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 24, 2013, 03:42:16 am »

Why thank you...

SBC, Scumchat, reply #105: Wow! JUST DIE! WOW! JUST GET LYNCHED!

Err, because I was given an order by my leader?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 24, 2013, 03:43:27 am »

Though...something that supports that argument of yours is that I never get anyone picking on me. I'm not a juicy target, guys? :(

You were one of my three choices to pick who to kill first between, Tiruin, if that makes you feel better?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 24, 2013, 04:30:15 am »

I was just cursing your dead body Imp!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 24, 2013, 05:59:45 am »

Why thank you...

SBC, Scumchat, reply #105: Wow! JUST DIE! WOW! JUST GET LYNCHED!

Err, because I was given an order by my leader?
xD
Ooooh, countered well.

You were one of my three choices to pick who to kill first between, Tiruin, if that makes you feel better?
It does! :D I feel wanted!
Then dead.

Still, looking forward to the other Mafias? What say y'all about joining the rest? Say, Iron Diadem?
That's a link, by the way, to that thread. :3

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 24, 2013, 06:44:22 am »

Still, looking forward to the other Mafias? What say y'all about joining the rest? Say, Iron Diadem?
That's a link, by the way, to that thread. :3

eeeeeek, don't get that game started too soon, or I'll definitely have to bow out!  Life still chaos and all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 24, 2013, 07:28:02 am »

Silly Imp, that game only starts when Vector says it'll start (ie After Jan 1st at best, ~2nd week of January or so, expected). :))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 24, 2013, 07:42:53 am »

Hivemind may have worked as a claim if town were in a position where they had to lynch dopps.  However with two doppelgangers already dead a Hivemind presents a much greater threat than the last remaining mafia member.

That said I think SBC's position on day 3 was basically unwinnable, so I don't really blame him for giving up.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:47:44 am by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55