Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142836 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 1 - Trouble at Sea
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2013, 12:54:10 am »

There is that  ;D

You asked a question of Sinlessmoon I cared to answer for myself. Follow-on questions were assumed, by me and, apparently, by RC, to be directed at me.

Which, by the way, aren't I honor-bound to OMGUS at RC or something? I don't know the protocol exactly... ::)
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 12:55:05 am »

The point was it is interesting that makeinu replied to a question not even directed at him...

What can I say, I'm chatty! :P
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2013, 12:56:58 am »

Which, by the way, aren't I honor-bound to OMGUS at RC or something? I don't know the protocol exactly... ::)
I don't know, what feels right? Do you want to OMGUS Ranger?

Anyway, tell me, what benefit is there from you answering a question directed at somebody else?

What can I say, I'm chatty! :P

Awfully chatty to answer a question or two, even seek guidance on standard protocol, not so much to do your own scum hunting?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:09 am »

Do you want to OMGUS Ranger?

Mmmmmm, no...

Anyway, tell me, what benefit is there from you answering a question directed at somebody else?

You learned something about me. Innat helpful?

Awfully chatty to answer a question or two, even seek guidance on standard protocol, not so much to do your own scum hunting?

Who says I'm not?  ;D

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 01:02:40 am »

For example:

Sinlessmoon was online when you asked your question, and yet, didn't answer.

Jim Groovester was also online after game start, and I don't see any posts from him, either.

How's that for a start?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:04 am »

Stuff said

Not really.
I learnt that you may or may not be experienced, because you didn't actually tell me anything really... What did you think these vague, non-answers are meant to be helpful? Hoo boy.

Now, if you don't feel like voting for somebody, why would you ask for our input into the validity of your vote?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2013, 01:07:48 am »

Well in general, RangerCado, when I post a reply without specifying a name, best to assume I'm talking to who ever posted directly above me. The point was it is interesting that makeinu replied to a question not even directed at him...
If you look, it was makeinu Max, so he wasn't wrong to answer. your explanation is void as it was a reasonable assumption due to the lack of mentioning Sin.

makeinu, that would be scummy if you only did it to OMGUS. Why even suggest that? The vote is there for a reason and i'm sure you can figure it out. Why did you think you should OMGUS me with no other evidence or a reason beyond OMGUS? Also, people can forget to log off, so Jim might even be asleep. And what is the point of your question less vote on Sin?!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2013, 01:09:02 am »

I wasn't aware I asked for an opinion on the validity of my vote. I find it curious that I answered your question, but the person it was directed at didn't.

And you've learned I'm chatty, if nothing else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2013, 01:16:47 am »

Why even suggest that? The vote is there for a reason and i'm sure you can figure it out. Why did you think you should OMGUS me with no other evidence or a reason beyond OMGUS?

Forgive me, I'm learning the game protocols here and joking as I do. It's a thing...

Also, people can forget to log off, so Jim might even be asleep. And what is the point of your question less vote on Sin?!

Clarify, please: what's the threshold for "logged off due to inactivity" here? Because I see this:

Jim Groovester: Last Active:
    Today at 01:10:50 am

Jim Groovester: Who would you least like to have allied with you as the Dopplegangers?

That's quite a bit of time. So, unfamiliar with the forum mechanics, I presume both had the chance to read and respond to your question(s), and didn't. That strikes me as suspicious. Random.org says "vote for Sinlessmoon" until further information comes forth.

Clear enough?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2013, 01:22:32 am »

Jim Groovester: Last Active:
    Today at 01:10:50 am

Dude, bugger off.

I don't appreciate my time or my participation being audited when the game is less than two hours old.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2013, 01:23:37 am »

Toaster:  How much of your Scumhunting is logic, and how much intuition?  In general would you say you are able to provide solid reasoning behind your Scumpicks?

Rangercado:  Tell us something you thought was neat about your favorite B12 Mafia game, and something you thought wasn't neat about your least favorite one?

makeinu:  Would you describe yourself as a determined Scumhunter?  (EBWOP)  Are you a jester?

Plus, I hate metagaming.  ;)

What would you say you do enjoy, when it comes to how you play Mafia?

Sinlessmoon:  This is your first Mafia game on B12, yes?  Are you familiar with any of the people you are playing this game with?  Which of the previous Mafia games on this forum have you read, and how completely have you read the one you know the best?

Max White:  How closely have you read the OP and the posts made by Meph and players from before the game started?  Do you believe posts made before the game starts may be useful once the game has started?
Jim Groovester:  If you were to pick one of these terms to most accurately describe your Mafia playstyle these days, which one would you select?  The choices are: passive, reactive, watchful, observant, hesitant, regretful, intense, determined, vengeful, avoidant, successful, focused, creative, pinpoint, maverick.  If you were to pick two that together most accurately describe your Mafia playstyle, which two do you pick?

Persus13:  Pretend you are Town and have a day inspect, and you need to use it right now (immediately after you read this question) or it will be lost.  Who do you pick to inspect and why did you pick that person, or do you pick to lose your inspect and why?

Caz:  Pretend you are Town and have a day protect (it must be placed during the day, but it will protect for the rest of this day and all of the following night, but it cannot be used on yourself), and you need to use it right now (immediately after you read this question) or it will be lost.  Who do you pick to protect and why did you pick that person, or do you pick to lose your protect and why?

Tiruin:  Pretend you have a day kill, and you need to use it right now (immediately after you read this question) or it will be lost.  Who do you pick to kill and why did you pick that person, or do you pick to lose your kill and why?

TheDarkStar:  Of the players in this game with you, who do you know the best and how well do you know that/those person(s)?  How many of the B12 Mafia games have you read so far, and how completely have you read the one you know the best?

RangerCado:
Imp:[/b] Who would you wish to have on your team if you were the Dopplegangers?
Tiruin and Toaster.  From other games I've played in and older games I've read, both of them are widely considered to be exceptional Scum players.  Having seen both of them be Scum, I have to say I thought they were both probably Town until I saw their role flips.  I did suspect them, but far, far less than I suspected others.

makeinu:
For example:

Sinlessmoon was online when you asked your question, and yet, didn't answer.

Jim Groovester was also online after game start, and I don't see any posts from him, either.

How's that for a start?

I find it curious that I answered your question, but the person it was directed at didn't.

It's been less than two hours since the game started, and less than an hour since Max asked the question which you jumped into answering.

Explain why you find it curious that Sinlessmoon hasn't already answered?  Why do you believe he's even seen the post?  Why do you believe he's not in the middle of typing an answer?  What is your goal in behaving as you have since the game started, what are you seeking to achieve by your actions and reactions?

Max White:
Imp: Good to see you again! Last time your analysis of a players speech patterns ended up not working out very well, do you still see this as a valid method of scum hunting?
Likewise, playing beside you again.  I think a player's speech patterns may be very telling, but that does depend greatly on the player and also on all the other circumstances.  notquitethere, the one I completely misread in the game I think you refer to, showed me a lot of things I thought were scumtells and how he responded to me asking him about them, how he reacted to others, how he didn't really answer questions, how he chased his own ideas of how to Scumhunt (interesting, but accurate?  I'm still unsure about that).  Well, he looked seriously Scummy to me, and it wasn't  just his speech patterns.

But yes, I'm not going to throw consideration of how a player uses words out.  Every player is different, every game's different, the pressures change.  I'm going to look at everything available to try and understand the motives of the people I'm playing with.  But I will remember that I can be extremely wrong in what I believe I am seeing too.  Not sure what to do about that yet, but I'm thinking about everything I can.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2013, 01:29:19 am »

makeinu: So... because someone didn't answer right away when their profile says online, their suspicious? And you based this off random.org? You realize how absurd that assumption is right? People do a lot more than just hang around the mafia game their in, whether it says their online or not. And it doesn't matter if you asked for the opinion. In mafia, everyone will throw in their two cents where they want, regardless of circumstance. Its not at all right to assume this when i myself have even stated i'll likely only post in the game 3 times a day depending on circumstance, while posting dozens elsewhere.

Imp: I liked the flavor of Webadict's magic mafia. it was silly, ridiculous, and kept things interesting for me. The last BM i played in was just too slow for me personally, leading to my less activity.

(last post on mafia for me tonight. more in the morning when i can analyze better, you ninja's)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2013, 01:36:18 am »

Imp: I liked the flavor of Webadict's magic mafia. it was silly, ridiculous, and kept things interesting for me. The last BM i played in was just too slow for me personally, leading to my less activity.

Would you say you disliked serious, or that you prefer silly/rediculous to serious, or that there was just something 'just right' about the silliness and rediculousness of that magic mafia that made it stay interesting for you?

If this game turns out to be mostly serious, are you likely to be less interested in it?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2013, 01:48:14 am »

Sinlessmoon: Another new game, another batch of new faces, yourself included. Tell me, is it better to be active in your first game and risk messing up, or inactive and risk not learning anything?

I'd much rather be active than be inactive. Unfortunately it seems like I should be even more active though. :P

Sinlessmoon:  This is your first Mafia game on B12, yes?  Are you familiar with any of the people you are playing this game with?  Which of the previous Mafia games on this forum have you read, and how completely have you read the one you know the best?

Indeed it is my first mafia game. I have read several mafia games previously and I've seen several people around the forums already. I can't name any off the top of my head because Its been a couple years since I've read them.

makeinu: Why are you jumping to conclusions about all these different people? Just because I haven't responded and am active on my profile; doesn't mean that I am necessarily active on the forums, I could just be tabbed out of my browser or doing something else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2013, 01:53:03 am »

I don't appreciate my time or my participation being audited when the game is less than two hours old.

Touchy!  :-*

makeinu:  Would you describe yourself as a determined Scumhunter?

Yes, though it's not a solo effort, of course.

(EBWOP)  Are you a jester?

*Googles EBWOP* Y'all use a lot of acronyms I've never seen...

How do I even answer that? If I say yes, then what? If I say no?

For the record, the answer is no.

Plus, I hate metagaming.  ;)

What would you say you do enjoy, when it comes to how you play Mafia?

The game. Hunting the scum, as town. Hunting power roles, as scum. Really, the challenge of finding the questions and then finding the answers, and then seeing how wrong I was in the end. Usually, a lot, as it turns out.

I enjoy the puzzle.

Explain why you find it curious that Sinlessmoon hasn't already answered?  Why do you believe he's even seen the post?

Maybe curious wasn't the right word. Whatever. With nothing to go on, I choose to assume that online means that the opportunity to have read the post exists and was taken. Hence, no answer gives as much reason to, what is the term, FoS?, or vote to elicit a reaction.

As RangerCado did to me above.

Why do you believe he's not in the middle of typing an answer?

Too long passed in between.

What is your goal in behaving as you have since the game started, what are you seeking to achieve by your actions and reactions?

To get a read on people I've never met before.

RangerCado, random.org coin-flipped between the two. I wanted to place a vote to, again, elicit a reaction. Seems to have worked.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55