Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 143010 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 1 - Trouble at Sea
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 12:17:37 am »

That depends on your playstyle. I'll rephrase the question: Would you rather be the informed minority working in the shadows, or the uninformed majority working for the benefit of the whole?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 12:19:21 am »

I don't have a preference, actually. Though, I generally find being part of the informed minority less frustrating. I have a low tolerance for... certain behaviours.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 12:19:48 am »

Sinlessmoon: [/b]What looks the easiest first party role for you to play and why?

Townie, what else?  :P

In all seriousness... I think the War Vet would be an easy role to play.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 12:21:44 am »

Max:  What effect do you think the new roles will have on this game?
We have new roles? The only one I know of is the spore spreader change, what else is there?
As far as the SS, I figure they are best dealt with the same way as always, kill them in the night so they don't infect others. That is always a little tricky as it does kind of depend on either the town having somebody with a kill or the scum doing the job, but I don't see much of a change in how the game will actually play really.

Max White:[/b] What would be your least favorite Third Party role?
The one where you just need to survive. Sounds too middle of the road for me to enjoy.

Now...
Jimatomic Groovetown: Hey there! So tell me, what sort of roles do you think could have the worst effect balance wise on the game?
Sinlessmoon: Another new game, another batch of new faces, yourself included. Tell me, is it better to be active in your first game and risk messing up, or inactive and risk not learning anything?
Imp: Good to see you again! Last time your analysis of a players speech patterns ended up not working out very well, do you still see this as a valid method of scum hunting?
RangerCado: Hello there! Tell me, what sort of role are you worried about? What lurks under your bed?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:47 am »

So, let's turn the question back on the interrogator:

Would you rather be the informed minority working in the shadows, or the uninformed majority working for the benefit of the whole?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 12:23:38 am »

Another new game, another batch of new faces, yourself included. Tell me, is it better to be active in your first game and risk messing up, or inactive and risk not learning anything?

Active, of course.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013, 12:25:43 am »

Even at the risk of mistakes due to inexperience?
So you value your own goals more than that of the town?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013, 12:28:52 am »

Even at the risk of mistakes due to inexperience?

Yes, and never assume inexperience. You don't know how much someone has played elsewhere, or how they've played.

Now you're putting words into my mouth. I don't much care for that. ;)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013, 12:30:05 am »

Do you can much for actually answering the question posed to you?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013, 12:37:27 am »

Every game is unique. The only goals that matter are the ones that are set and relevant to that game.

In this game, my goals are the town's goals.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2013, 12:39:10 am »

So, let's turn the question back on the interrogator:

Would you rather be the informed minority working in the shadows, or the uninformed majority working for the benefit of the whole?
makeinu: I prefer the uninformed majority as i have a 'good guys should always win!' mentality, and I prefer the diversity often offered by Townie role pools. I also like the mystery solving side of rooting out the enemy so to speak. ...though in paranormal there are plenty for both sides though, so that part is slightly irrelevant. (i make side comments like that a lot, make of it what you will)

Max: I'm always afraid of town night kill roles, no matter which side i'm on. It just adds to my general paranoia in the game, and it makes the night actions that much harder to undderstand. As for what lurks under my bed... a 20 questions machine, and some blue slippers.

And makeinu, you dodged the question by Max there. Even though you corrected this, why do it in the first place?
[/quote]

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2013, 12:44:31 am »

He didn't ask a question. He made an assertion.

There's a difference.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Rephrased as an assertion:

You value your own goals more than that of the town.

Read: not town.

Rephrased as a non-assertion question:

Do you value your own goals more than that of the town?

Ask a question, and I'll answer it. Make an assertion, and I'll challenge it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2013, 12:46:07 am »

Did I ask a question? I didn't realize your name was Sinlessmoon.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2013, 12:50:46 am »

If your going to pose a question, specify to who Max.

And i saw it as both makeinu, as a question, and as a jab at your ego perhaps to see how you'd react. I think your over reacting to this a tiny bit as well.
[/quote]

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2013, 12:53:54 am »

Well in general, RangerCado, when I post a reply without specifying a name, best to assume I'm talking to who ever posted directly above me. The point was it is interesting that makeinu replied to a question not even directed at him...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55