Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Testing something Quickly: Mad Science May be Included.  (Read 17268 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Testing something Quickly: Mad Science May be Included.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:24 am »

"CLEARLY."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:42 am »

Nothing--Let this one develop to maturity without adding anything else.
By which I assume you mean, let it develop into larva form so the toxicity resets?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 12:12:08 am »

Speaking of, we should probably go with one or maybe two single doses before moving on.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 12:14:54 am »

Oh whoops, I thought it had developed.

I still say try another double and see what happens, though. If it kills it, we'll confirm that 3->2 is sometimes fatal. If it doesn't kill it, we'll confirm that 3->2 is sometimes not fatal. Having a ballpark estimate for how much modification we can afford is pretty essential.

Speaking of, we should probably go with one or maybe two single doses before moving on.
This wouldn't be a terrible idea, but I'd still say a 2-dose both exactly because it's more extreme, and because 2 should be noticeable enough not to leave any ambiguity about what it affects. Beyond the normal ambiguity of only having one sample, not being sure how later mutations are affected by preceding ones, and so on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 12:16:48 am »

So we can presumably conclude that 42 involves mouths. It seems like a triple dose might have been hard on it, either because of the potency or because it doesn't have the stamina to support a giant mouth and giant claws and giant wings and a giant bladed tail and so on and so forth.

41 double dose
+1
Sure, why not.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 12:25:44 am »

Remember that some compounds are probably less dangerous than others, so it isn't a guarantee that 3>2 doesn't always kill. Correlation, Causation, etc. If the creature survives, we can't assume 5 doses is always safe. If it doesn't, we can't assume 5 doses is always lethal. And now for personal opinions. I'd say that while the triple dose looks pretty bad, it SHOULD be able to take at least 1 more dose. So, I concur. Double dose of 41.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 12:31:52 am »

USE THE BLUE ONE!

((Also I concur that piecewise probably wouldn't make us stop testing things on this thing after ONE TURN.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 12:38:06 am »

Id say we have 2 more doses at least before he ends this.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 01:57:01 am »

So 42 makes teeth and mouth growth, it had the effect of massive toxicity however, giving increased heartbeat and hyper vascular growth, either from the pain causing the heart to beat faster or it is just increasing toxicity, like piece wise said.

Lets call 42 "maw serum"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 10:35:19 am »

So we can presumably conclude that 42 involves mouths. It seems like a triple dose might have been hard on it, either because of the potency or because it doesn't have the stamina to support a giant mouth and giant claws and giant wings and a giant bladed tail and so on and so forth.

41 double dose
+1
Sure, why not.

Looks like it's this one.

You inject the substance and it again discolors the slurry. Over the next several hours, small lumps appear all around the creature's neck and shoulders, growing steadily into a dense mane of thin, jellyfish like tendrils. The creature looks extremely sickly and weak and blood is beginning to hemorrhage into the egg from it's rapidly beating little heart.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 10:42:28 am »

Larva stage go!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 10:47:42 am »

40, single dose

Continue the pattern :P

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 10:53:38 am »

40, single dose

No, it is currently dieing. We should wait for larval progression to reset toxicity.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 11:09:17 am »

40, single dose

No, it is currently dieing. We should wait for larval progression to reset toxicity.

Quote from: piecewise
The creature goes through stages of development like this Egg>larva>Adolescence> Adult. Moving to the next development stage resets the toxicity so you can add more chemicals.  Simple.

it started as an egg and we gave it 3 doses of 42, it then became a larva and the counter reset so we dosed it with 41 twice, it is now moving on to the adolescent phase so therefore the toxins should already be resetting.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17