Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF): ARENA! OOC Thread! This dead.  (Read 6793 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF): ARENA! OOC Thread! This dead.
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2013, 09:17:51 pm »

lord what a clustercopulation

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2013, 09:30:53 pm »

And now you're insecure enough to close a game after what one person said? Ok, not my problem.
FFS, you're really not one to be insulting people about THIS.

You know, if you paid attention to the context of things, you'd find I've never done that. Ever. Not even in the game you're thinking of.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »

This really isn't what never speaking of it again looks like.

Maybe because not everyone agrees that any time there's an underlying problem to be addressed with anything, at all, it should simply be hidden and buried and never spoken of again because it's "drama." Those thoughts are the kind of thoughts that only preserve the happy little status quo that works and pleases everyone until old issues pop up again but worse, like a zit that mutated and now is terrorizing Tokyo.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2013, 09:50:16 pm »

I don't think a simple disagreement over the tone of a game dictated by the GM and the rejection of a potential character based on that ballooning into game banning/snide comments counts as an underlying issue.

My concern is this will wind up bleeding into FEF1 and 2 and a few games that I enjoy and look forward to every day might get shut down. So that's why I would like this to stop.

But if you feel that there is dirty laundry that must be aired, I guess you're gonna do what you gotta do.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2013, 09:51:38 pm »

FFS. When you closed your game, not once did I make a personal attack. I agreed that someone can do with their game what they do with their game!
Except your insulting a GM because he did something with his game. And you have no justification to do that.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2013, 10:33:17 pm »

I don't think a simple disagreement over the tone of a game dictated by the GM and the rejection of a potential character based on that ballooning into game banning/snide comments counts as an underlying issue.

Bevause it has nothing to do with that. The entire reason this is an issue is because I as with you enjoy haspens games immensely and he has threatened multiple times to shut down games simply because I asked a question or offered advice on something he was struggling with. I accept that I may have been too forward in previous instances but am afraid that if the actual problem WHATEVER IT IS is not addressed then at some point he will simply ragequit bay12 like dex did because someone other than I will offer advice or criticism in a way he doesn't like.

Now I agree with powderminer that it is haspens decision in the end but if you think it has anything to do with jokes made in the thread and that if it is not addressed it will disappear then that's willful ignorance.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2013, 10:58:41 pm »

Well, Haspen threatening to shut down other games after receiving advice and questions is news to me. I may just not be remembering, but this isn't something I remember seeing before.

If you really want to talk to haspen about it though, it seems to me there are better ways to do it.

Also, whether or not hasp wants to deal with it or not also needs to be taken into consideration.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]