Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Helghan: From the Ashes  (Read 2342 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Helghan: From the Ashes
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 05:51:02 am »

OK, then I do nothing this turn.

Spoiler: OOC Questions (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 07:53:14 am »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2013, 08:22:06 am »

My action has been changed.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2013, 08:42:35 am »

Accept alliance with Ketari Arms.
Offer defensive alliance to Suljeva Collective Militia - in spirit of brotherhood between militias of Helghan, each party will act in defense of another. nothing in exchange is asked for, but nothing is offered either.
Hire 3 more units of Might.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2013, 09:06:14 am »

" The Helghan Free Militia have wisely accepted our offer. The medical shipments begin within twelve hours. Let it be broadcast that should either us come under assault, we will strike back together at the aggressors. This we do for the Helghan People and their cause."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2013, 04:58:41 pm »

Spoiler: Preliminary actions (click to show/hide)

Truly, I think I'm either misunderstanding some game mechanics or taking massive risks. Probably both.

Note: There was fluff but then a smiley ate it. It will be reposted soon. Hence, some parts might not make sense.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:10:40 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 05:04:54 pm »

...ebbor i think you gravely misunderstood some of the rules:

2 Wealth + 2PC -> 2 Might
36 Wealth + 36 PC -> 9 Economical Infrastructure
5 PC + 5 Might -> Attack against Thoralf Sigurd Vig
Influence (please state number) assigned to Captains -> free
2 Wealth + 2 Pc -> Bribes
_______
40 Wealth
45 PC
5 Might

that is what you would need for your actions...i think you should look again what you have.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 05:10:23 pm »

Sure, I knew I was missing something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 08:06:02 pm »

GwG also has 4 PC he spents 8 Wealth and 8 PC on 2 Units of Infrastructure (Eco 4W/4PC) thats also not working out
Mm, forgot the PC.

[quote
If you post an Action please exactly connotate how much you want to build use, in case of GWG dont just write Spend Influence. Write Spend 5 Influence or something.
[/quote]
I have no idea how much Influence it takes to do stuff.

Anyways. Editing action with fixes. Diplomatic efforts will be added in a new post so people see it, if I get around to such activities.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2013, 12:44:09 am »

snip
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:10:59 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2013, 03:08:30 am »

Admiral Tovo analyzed the data he got from the space radar. ISA blockade, mighty fleet that forced his nation to starve. He knew that he has no power to stop this. His captains care only about getting rich, his fleet is nothing more than few outdated capital ships that nothing more than hulks with almost all battle systems removed or barely operational.  Additionally there are some fighters, bombers, boarding shuttles and even battle-ready fast corvettes but that is all that he got. Not enough to even think about opposing ISA

Yet admiral was determined to prepare for the war, and one small first step was to start building a wing of truly modern fighters capable to act both on orbit and in atmosphere. Secret construction started in the hangar of the largest surviving vessel. Some parts were salvaged from remaining wrecks, some smuggled, some purchased from local producers, in the end new fighter, called "Eagle Mk.1" was accepted
Raise one unit of might

But that wasn't enough. The navy needed more facilities, more ships, more allies and one ally was found, civilian trading fleet of Vraxus Aerospace Conglomerate that would get all the aid needed to get through blockade. In exchange it was agreed  to attack Thoralf-Sigurd-Vig together.
Or rather that was not an attack, but a lawful confiscation of civilian ships, bases and shipyards for the needs of Helghan Navy

And operation "Windword" Started. All combat capable ships of corvette size or smaller entered into orbital combat. Remains of space marines prepared to board stations and participate in land battles. Brand new "Eagles" Prepared for the strafing runs in Helghan Atmosphere. Larger ships had their own uses: providing bases, repair and supply for both attacking fleets, but nothing larger than Corvette ever moved, provoking ISA is the last thing the Admiral needed

Form an alliance with Vraxus Aerospace Conglomerate aiding them with smuggling
Use 4 might to "confiscate" Thoralf-Sigurd-Vig's facilities (attack) . Share spoils as agreed via private channels

Last but not least, Admiral needed to reduce chances that someone will help Thoralf-Sigurd-Vig's and efforts were made to prevent this as he tried to get allies among rebellious patriots in remains of Helghan Armed forces and police

Allocate 1 influence on improving relationships with the Helghan Army's powerbases
Allocate 1 influence on improving relationships with Helghan Security Forces'  powerbases
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:36:41 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2013, 06:19:57 am »

Accept alliance with Ketari Arms.
Offer defensive alliance to Suljeva Collective Militia - in spirit of brotherhood between militias of Helghan, each party will act in defense of another. nothing in exchange is asked for, but nothing is offered either.
Hire 3 more units of Might.
Contribute 2 Might to Ketari Arms assault on Visari corp in exchange for half the spoils.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2013, 08:22:56 am »

Just like the rest of the world, the Vraxian Conglomerate was suffering from a crisis. While extraplanetary trade formed a comparatively small part of it's income, most of it's other activities had fallen silent as well. After all, there was no need to bring ores to the spaceports if they could not be transported, and there were little goods to distribute amongst the populace. As such, other sources of revenue needed to be sought.

High above the surface of the planet, in the remnants of something that could once've been called a spaceship, a deal was made. The First Helgan Fleet had the expertise and pilots to effectively circumvent the blockade, but lacked ships, ground facilities and storage. Without some support on the ground, the amount of goods they could bring was too little to have any effect. However, running the blockade with corporate ships would be a foolish affair, as such, it was decided to confiscate the ships of the rival Thoralf-Sigurd-Vig cooperation.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:42:35 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2013, 09:34:26 pm »

@10ebbor: I am not sure 3) and 4) are valid uses of influence as stated. You could try to foment unrest amongst the corporation for 3), and 4) could be an attempt at improving your influence with their powerbase, but as written, neither of your actions are likely to be valid. It is, however, ultimately up to Ghaz, I am merely pointing it out in accordance with the late Clout's ruleset.

Edit: 3) and 4)*
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:45:02 pm by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2013, 03:33:09 pm »

Azthor is very much right.

For 3 to have any effect you need more FAR more Influence. And for is simply not possible since you belong to the government. The Government is the Senate which consists of all the Factions mentioned in the turn post.

also we are still missing actions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4