Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 139442 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 41 - Apotheosis
« Reply #990 on: March 07, 2014, 08:20:53 am »

Harry, BFEL and Pancaek are set! (BFEL, your next action will take up the rest of the time... Honestly, I'm impressed. I didn't expect you to work it out so quickly)

USEC and GWG need to just magically appear and make an action.

I actually thought about touching the orb with magic when the challenge was first presented, but then I thought "well that would reveal me as a mage and that could be bad" :P

So I actually figured it out even sooner then you thought, just was wary of potential side effects. Wanted to be absolutely sure I wasn't gonna set off a lynch mob before I did anything like that.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 07, 2014, 09:47:56 am »

As Sariel has so kindly pointed out, you may well die from this revelation.

Possibly because you are currently unconscious in a temple full of hysterical priests going through religious despair and the only one on your side is a half-blind seer.

So thank you very much for falling, rather neatly, into the trap!
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 07, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »

I didn't post an action? Huh.

Read some book I haven't yet. If I've read them all...um...let me know so I can think of another action.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 07, 2014, 08:06:44 pm »

Well, you haven't read the Fire book, I think... Nor the Lucidity spell tome.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 07, 2014, 08:39:07 pm »

The second sounds neat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 07, 2014, 08:53:19 pm »

Baldur goes and purchases a sturdier wagon and a couple of horses to pull it for when the party leaves the town. Assuming that we have the money to, obviously.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 08, 2014, 03:32:57 am »

The second sounds neat.
And all the plot essential details are forgotten :P

Also, Niccolo? Can magic skill grant passive abilities? Like would a grandmaster of fire be naturally resistant to heat, and a grandmaster of force naturally project a weak forcefield? Would be neato.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 08, 2014, 09:08:51 am »

The second sounds neat.
Huh?
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:28 am »

The second sounds neat.
Huh?
Saying the Lucidity tome "sounds neat" makes it seem like you forgot what it does. Which is kinda hilarious, seeing as how plot important it could be :P

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 08, 2014, 09:13:19 am »

I did indeed forget. Is it the one that gave whats-his-face the Glowy Blue Ball of Knowledge?
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 08, 2014, 10:57:17 am »

Wow.

No, Lucidity is the spell which allows you to destroy the crazy-making sigils. Which Thuun got from a university by paying for it in an unconventional manner.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 08, 2014, 09:05:32 pm »

Oh.

Read the fire book.
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 08, 2014, 09:09:37 pm »

Hey Niccolo, I just got an awesome idea.

I want to create a golem/construct. Now making a living creature with its own will and such is obviously gonna have some complications in this world, so heres what I've worked out so far.

The obvious approach would be to go with life magic, but wheres the fun in making something that is gonna get retconned in the book? Kinda defeats the purpose of making a immortal stone sentinel.

So then I hit on the idea of using light/shadow magic to give it a soul. But where would the soul come from? I can't move it from one thing to another, as you have pointed out.

So the answer is simple. I have to CREATE the soul.
Which probably needs even more energy then moving one, but I got it figured out.

I'll make it PIECEMEAL.
I'll start with the physical circuit, concentrate all my magic power (this is obviously a late-game thing, so hopefully I have max/near max light/shadow by then) into completing THAT circuit, then wait however long it takes to recover from that, then rinse and repeat with the mental, and then spiritual circuits.

And THEN I tie all those circuits together in a final bout of magic awesome.

So, how many problems have I missed? :P

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 08, 2014, 09:23:05 pm »

I like the sound of that.
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 09, 2014, 12:54:46 am »

You can't really create souls, I'd say. But Life magic will still work!

Thing is, magic in the book can do everything that this system can do, except healing. So all of the other uses of Life magic - encouraging plant growth, sensing living things, creating constructs and a few others - they can all be done. You just can't fix a broken bone. So you can legitimately shove someone's body full of magic and turn them into the Hulk! I've been saying that Life magic won't exist because none of them will - the book doesn't have the eight elements. In the book, healers (Not people with the White Circuit, just normal healers) use magic to supercharge medicines. They tend to be apothecaries and skilled at surgical procedures and such, along with using fine control of magic to either increase the potency of medicines or assist in surgery. (You want a clean cut? A razor-fine line of magical energy will do that for ya!)

For the game, I just cut out a lot of the menial work and said "it's all magic", mostly 'cause I don't want to describe hours of surgical procedures.

Yes, I will let you learn how to make healing potions. If you're a good boy and study hard.

The book's laws aren't as scientifically rigid as they are for this game - magic is more, well, magical. I'm simply using science to curtail a few of your more insane ideas. If you wanted, you could probably just pour the pure essence of magic itself into something and see what happens. You just don't get any elemental experience from that... Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what that'd look like.

For regarding the golem, Life magic would still be the basis, along with wind and fire - since Wind+Fire makes lightning, which you need for circuitry and control... if you're going to make replicas of nerves. Or maybe just build from your wisp spell? That thing is already semi-autonomous as it is.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:40:37 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74