Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 139740 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 33 - The Hundred Tombs
« Reply #660 on: January 31, 2014, 10:38:21 am »

Baldur immediately rushes over and attempts to dig Lyu out.

Nunzillor

« Reply #661 on: January 31, 2014, 12:18:30 pm »

Please, for the love of god, take those pants!  The demon-thing does not deserve decency in death!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 31, 2014, 12:20:48 pm »

Please, for the love of god, take those pants!  The demon-thing does not deserve decency in death!

((Besides, I bet somebody would pay for pants worn by an actual demon. Pay well, as a matter of fact.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 31, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »

"That'll do it...I can't believe scurvy Pete was right, all those drunken dagger flinging competitions really did pay off"

Felice takes in the scene of the battle, and sees the cracked staff.

"Where's the priest? WHERE'S THE PRIEST?! I CAN'T LET A HOLY MAN DIE, THAT'S WORSE THAN GOING OUT TO SEA WITHOUT A CAT ON BOARD!"

Aid in saving Lyu from his unfortunate situation

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 31, 2014, 02:49:30 pm »

"Quit panicking and start digging. Hopefully we'll get to him in time."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 31, 2014, 03:12:40 pm »

"I'm digging, I'm digging! I'm more scared than that one time we heard someone singing during our voyage."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 31, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »

Also, Cyrus' corpse isn't so much 'across the room' as it is 'spread evenly in a fine dust across the better part of the village'. He did get knifed with iron and explode, after all. Vanda, on the other hand, probably only has more of those crystals and maybe some pants.
((HOW DID I MISS THAT PART?? I'm pretty sure you didn't say it was iron. Then again I guess we don't know what iron IS yet, so that makes sense.

Also, someone grab those crystals, they're probably valuable/ I think they might be soulgempokeballs))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 31, 2014, 06:05:31 pm »

Also, Cyrus' corpse isn't so much 'across the room' as it is 'spread evenly in a fine dust across the better part of the village'. He did get knifed with iron and explode, after all. Vanda, on the other hand, probably only has more of those crystals and maybe some pants.
((HOW DID I MISS THAT PART?? I'm pretty sure you didn't say it was iron. Then again I guess we don't know what iron IS yet, so that makes sense.

Also, someone grab those crystals, they're probably valuable/ I think they might be soulgempokeballs))

Uh. I thought it was pretty clear what happened to Cyrus? I mean there was glowing light and a massive explosion that levelled the entire building and would have done more if he wasn't underground... Since I didn't specify that it was iron did y'all assume that Vanda was hiding nuclear warheads up his sleeve or something?

My players have enough bad ideas as it is, thank you very much.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 31, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »

Uh. I thought it was pretty clear what happened to Cyrus? I mean there was glowing light and a massive explosion that levelled the entire building and would have done more if he wasn't underground... Since I didn't specify that it was iron did y'all assume that Vanda was hiding nuclear warheads up his sleeve or something?

((Actually, yes. Or the magical equivalent, anyway. If you can do that by shanking a pyromancer with an iron object... ooh, the mind boggles at what you could do with an iron arrow. Need to get those for Felice as soon as possible.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 31, 2014, 06:23:21 pm »

((Actually, yes. Or the magical equivalent, anyway. If you can do that by shanking a pyromancer with an iron object... ooh, the mind boggles at what you could do with an iron arrow. Need to get those for Felice as soon as possible.))
((Step one: aqcuire loads of iron arrows. Step two: seriously train that multiple arrow attack i tried to do at the beginning of this fight. Step three: anti-mage machine gun))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 31, 2014, 08:30:03 pm »

((Step one: aqcuire loads of iron arrows. Step two: seriously train that multiple arrow attack i tried to do at the beginning of this fight. Step three: anti-mage machine gun))
((No step three is NEVER EVER EVER HIT A TEAMATE. EVER.
I CANNOT POSSIBLY STRESS THAT HARD ENOUGH.

And yes I pretty much assumed Vanda was using some kind of magic.))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 31, 2014, 11:33:13 pm »

((ESPECIALLY NOT THE MAGES.
ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN THEY'RE IN MIDST OF THE GROUP!
))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »

))

Felice gets iron arrows --> "Hi, I'm Felice and welcome to Jackass"
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 02, 2014, 02:44:09 pm »

))

Felice gets iron arrows --> "Hi, I'm Felice and welcome to Jackass"

((Since we're on the subject, does that "anti-magic" used by Vanda respond to iron in the same way normal magic does? If not, could it possibly "cloak" a mage and keep them from kerceasingtoremainintact? Also, could the back end of an arrow (the...quill?...feather? Fuck if I know) be enchanted without enchanting the rest? And then have the arrowhead be iron and essentially make a personal artillery shell?))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 02, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

((...By "back end of an arrow," do you mean the fletchings?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 74