Option 2
- 11 (33.3%)
Option 3
- 5 (15.2%)
Option 4
- 10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134

Author Topic: The Derail Games: A game of Awesome Chess.  (Read 167863 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Send a few of my remaining men to retrieve the wreck. If they can't retrieve it, blow it up. If we can't have it, we'll at least make sure the enemy doesn't have it either.

You may not quite understand the Wreck. The Wreck is about nine hundred meters high, and more than ten kilometers long. An entire city is sited at one end, and the only entrance ever blasted into the almost-impenetrable hull is situated near the Reaches primary rail link with their heartland. Every major scientific advantage the Reaches hold, and most major innovations since gunpowder have come from recovered artifacts. It is probably visible from orbit.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Send a few of my remaining men to retrieve the wreck. If they can't retrieve it, blow it up. If we can't have it, we'll at least make sure the enemy doesn't have it either.

You may not quite understand the Wreck. The Wreck is about nine hundred meters high, and more than ten kilometers long. An entire city is sited at one end, and the only entrance ever blasted into the almost-impenetrable hull is situated near the Reaches primary rail link with their heartland. Every major scientific advantage the Reaches hold, and most major innovations since gunpowder have come from recovered artifacts. It is probably visible from orbit.

:Drools:

I must've hit the jackpot during character creation. I was expecting to be onboard a small alien ship in a decaying orbit due to an alien making a mistake with the (now burned out) transporter, along with no xenolingual ability whatsoever.  I was expecting to get a +1 boost on a d100 dice with moves such as "well, they may be aliens, but it's marginally more likely their culture followed human(?) patterns than not, so red buttons are more likely bad than not, therefore I push blue button instead of red button".   All in exchange for a glass cannon...albeit a glass cannon that's almost impossible to hit...

I don't need to get HALF as many dice rolls giving me a perfect 5 (if you're using the roll to dodge/die system, that is, rather than the roll to dodge system) if I'm already a Daniel-Jackson class character on a grounded ship.  With nigh-impenetrable hull. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

:Drools:

I must've hit the jackpot during character creation. I was expecting to be onboard a small alien ship in a decaying orbit due to an alien making a mistake with the (now burned out) transporter, along with no xenolingual ability whatsoever.  I was expecting to get a +1 boost on a d100 dice with moves such as "well, they may be aliens, but it's marginally more likely their culture followed human(?) patterns than not, so red buttons are more likely bad than not, therefore I push blue button instead of red button".   All in exchange for a glass cannon...albeit a glass cannon that's almost impossible to hit...

I don't need to get HALF as many dice rolls giving me a perfect 5 (if you're using the roll to dodge/die system, that is, rather than the roll to dodge system) if I'm already a Daniel-Jackson class character on a grounded ship.  With nigh-impenetrable hull.

I use my patent nearest-dice rolling system to roll for you people, so roll value changes at random.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, whatever. My point about vastly improved odds holds even for arbitrary dice sets. sqrt(1%)=10% and all that.

hm...orange is unclaimed.  so's this one.

Shall we play destroy the wall? (yeah, yeah, laugh at the dabbling GM resorting to simplistic destroy the wall in an effort to hijack a thread that's inviting daring him to try. Now stop and think about that in the context of bay12.)

Starting wall hp: 1000000001.  1 billion hp...plus one. 
Demonstration attack: poke wall with pointed stick.
The high and mighty pointed stick pushes a single brick out of the wall, causing 1 damage.  Its not very effective...BUT A HAIRLINE FRACTURE RUNS UP THE WALL!
1000000001-1=1000000000
hairline fractures: 1/?
Stunned players: none. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:58:40 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Fine then. I'l change my action.
Spoiler: new action (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Hmm. Speaking of unclaimed colors, I think Magenta should be the color of "voices inside my head" characters; As in, if someone decides in one of the dorsidwarf or EP derail games to make a character who obeys the actions suggested by other forum members, the color should be used for the suggestions.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hm...
so like...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-like that?
Be pretty cool, though magenta has the annoying property that it's not in the dropdown list.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:48:15 pm by fractalman »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was more thinking the player would pick one, but that's a pretty awesome interpretation too.

Also, guess what other color has that property? Cyan, the color MC gave to fl-ABORT tokens.  :P
The Cyan Menace

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

If you want another unlisted color, I like chocolate.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oooh...very well then.  the wall is now made of chocolate!
hp: 1000000000
hairline fractures: 1/?
stunned players: none.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And of Course, RGB web colors are supported.
The Cyan Menace

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too much work.
EAT THE WALL

Elephant Parade : Chrissie Ross
[Deceased]
fractalman : Jordan Green
[4/4 Health][Rifle: Full ammo][Grenade]
darkpaladin109 : Matthew Ryan
Lukeinator : Khaled Aziz

Green heads up to the statue. He doesn't see the alien scum, so he readies his rifle for any movement.
Aziz stays put, and keeps his eyes forward and finger on the trigger.
Ryan can't see them yet, so he follows suit.

ALIEN TURN:

As far as everyone can see, nothing happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Derail Thread

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I need to look a few things up about that game. like...what overwatch does. 
charge in with my grenade if my companions get into a tight spot/reveal a dense collection of aliens. otherwise...stay put.

EAT THE WALL
You nom on a piece of the wall. you somehow munch through 17 bricks before realizing...it's more like chocolate bark.  yuck!
You are stunned, but A HAIRLINE FRACTURE RUNS THROUGH THE WALL!
1000000000-17=999999983 hp
1+1=2 hairline fractures.
wall:
999999983 hp
hairline fractures: 2/6
Composed of chocolate bark.
Shuffling the card deck.
stunned players:
mastahcheese: 1 round

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CHOCOLATE BARK IS DELICIOUS, DANG IT!

And overwatch makes your character wait to fire on the first enemy to move, but you take a slight penalty to aim.
It's good if you're waiting for them to approach, or expecting an ambush.
The Derail Thread

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CHOCOLATE BARK IS DELICIOUS, DANG IT!

And overwatch makes your character wait to fire on the first enemy to move, but you take a slight penalty to aim.
It's good if you're waiting for them to approach, or expecting an ambush.

You argue with the GM.
The gm thinks your argument has some merit, and decides that you need to roll a 3 or greater for your argument to be successfull.
You get a 6! what a relief!
mastahcheese is unstunned!

in that case, overwatch.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134