Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128972 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: IN SPACE!
« Reply #6960 on: September 19, 2017, 01:45:49 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Be right back!"

Get over to where my pal Nik is.

To Nik: <Gonna need you to bring the fellow over here to the big room. Our pal the Headwater wants to make this public!>

Rendezvous with my pal. Coordinate. Engage in tactics and combat as needed.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: September 19, 2017, 01:47:14 pm »

PTW
Insert witty signature here

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: September 19, 2017, 01:47:26 pm »

Tess looked at her left hand. She felt the car's presence, and decided it was too far to be useful- so she slapped her right hand on the ground, then quickly moved away from the marker. With that complete, she moved her left hand to meet her right hand, keeping the right hand stationary. With that done, she quickly moves even further from the marker-  she doubts the car would make it through every building inbetween it and the marker without being atomized, but she just had to be cautious.

((I don't remember if I made it clear how to release a marker- she has to unite the two objects, or at least unite her hands (which should unite the objects anyways).))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 7: Crew Expendable
« Reply #6963 on: September 19, 2017, 04:24:09 pm »

Staging Area

I like the AR enhanced sensor HUD idea.  Let's go with that one.

Do I get to take the rifle I summoned earlier with me?  I totally get if that'd be a bit OP to let me pre-summon equipment.

Spoiler: Said rifle (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: September 19, 2017, 04:44:57 pm »

Alan hems and haws momentarily. "Well, I could make us a mentos rocket to blast over the wall with. Or a big trampoline to jump over it. Or we could do that hose cart thing again, that was fun.
I suppose I can make ladders too if we wanna be boring and stuff."

He shrugs. "What d'you think?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: September 19, 2017, 06:05:46 pm »

(I understand, Paris. Take you time)

"The suit of armor seems to be in pristine condition," Napoleon muttered to himself. "However, I do not want to weight myself down in metal unless absolutely necessary, not to mention that using a spear and a shield will be cumbersome without additional training. The gentleman's suit look disheveled and bloody as if someone took it off a murdered man but didn't bothered cleaning it before putting it on a mannequin. Lastly, the strange costume is too flamboyant for even my taste. Hmm..."

Standing up, Napoleon guided the dolls back to him as he eyed the queenly warrior standing before him, particularly at the scabbard. Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, he continued. "However, though I'm no transvestite, that sword would look great on my side regardless. Mon Dieu, I'll become a real prince yet!"

Use a doll to check for any hidden alarms. If any are found, deactivate them somehow. Either way, modify another doll into having razor sharp claws and use it to cut a circle in the glass big enough to crawl through. Use the remaining dolls to defend against any unforeseen attacks while grabbing the scabbard.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: September 19, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »

Kosak Durar:

*eyes chair suspiciously*

Sending in Dur-Jitsu choices.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: September 19, 2017, 07:11:30 pm »

Syntax is ambiguous. Is it the guy I'm guarding or the approaching man who looks like he's about to try something? I assume the answer is "yes".

"I can tell you're thinking about trying something. Stop thinking. Don't try anything. Now march!"

Make the guy march over to the Headwater.
"Did I ever tell you about the time I crippled a 50 foot metal giant with scissors like these?" Keep the scissors at his back.

If I'm attacked tsar my armour and fight back with my scissors and new knife.
Did they take my shield along with the rest of my weapons or do I still have it?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: September 19, 2017, 07:53:33 pm »

Considering our rather canine party, we should be smelling blood and such if applicable. Do we?
((just a reminder of Irine's senses in fox-form - poor eyesight, good hearing / sense of smell. has little risk of tripping/stumbling at night because face is close to the ground, but by the same token her vision can be obscured by low obstacles including tall grasses.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:04:39 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6969 on: September 19, 2017, 08:20:36 pm »

Small clarifications before I go to sleep:
Syntax is ambiguous. Is it the guy I'm guarding or the approaching man who looks like he's about to try something? I assume the answer is "yes".

"I can tell you're thinking about trying something. Stop thinking. Don't try anything. Now march!"

Make the guy march over to the Headwater.
"Did I ever tell you about the time I crippled a 50 foot metal giant with scissors like these?" Keep the scissors at his back.

If I'm attacked tsar my armour and fight back with my scissors and new knife.
Did they take my shield along with the rest of my weapons or do I still have it?

The guy you're guarding is looking at the approaching man and is about to try something involving him. I'm going to call the man you're guarding "perp" and the man that approached "concerned man".

You try your most intimidating voice and it seems to work, for the most part, the perp standing down. The concerned man looks at you as if trying to decide whether or not he should get involved. He seems to decide it's better to call someone more qualified to handle this, as you see him start walking away quickly, with fear in his eyes, glancing behind him while at the same time trying not to look at you.

Considering our rather canine party, we should be smelling blood and such if applicable. Do we?
((just a reminder of Irine's senses in fox-form - poor eyesight, good hearing / sense of smell. has little risk of tripping/stumbling at night because face is close to the ground, but by the same token her vision can be obscured by low obstacles including tall grasses.))
Yes, you can smell it. Like Father Gascoigne would say: It's blood! This is definitely not tomato juice.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:58:06 am by Parisbre56 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: September 20, 2017, 08:08:02 am »

Saevus, teh ship

To show that he's still around Seeing the others preparing (mostly John), Saevus decides to summon himself a Saevus Jr and hands it a repeater crossbow, so that he can show off a little too.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: September 20, 2017, 08:57:21 am »

Those people need help, therefore we go help them... right? Keep our ears and eyes open for traps of course, but there's no point in waiting around.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: September 20, 2017, 09:15:44 am »

Those people need help, therefore we go help them... right? Keep our ears and eyes open for traps of course, but there's no point in waiting around.
This!

Theri obviously goes ahead and leaves San and Riverpuppy with Irine, because magical Irine is a lot more important if it was a trap, to be safe, and Theri can probably handle physical things better.

Theri wondered if her decision of sticking San around would be a good one with these kinds of incidents. He had a place to be, and the longer he stuck with them, the longer he may be exposed to danger that did not concern him. She mentioned to Irine that she would be checking ahead, just to be sure it was not a magical trap, as she was confident she could take a bit more physical tension if it was otherwise.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: September 20, 2017, 10:38:43 am »

<Um, sword? Would you three be okay going with Theri and keeping her safe? I can protect myself, San, and River readily enough and Theri is going to be at greater risk anyway going down there to see if its clear for us to follow.>
Private, to the sword three:<Theri is the kindest person I know, and I consider her quite worthy of protection, but she's not the best at magic or complicated image manipulations. You'll need to take initiative of and for yourself if you choose to go with her. Theri has a good point about keeping San and River safe, else I'd want us to alll just stick together.>

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: September 21, 2017, 01:30:16 am »

Zechariah couldn't tell where the feeling was coming from, but he had enough experience in volatile situations to know that he had to be ready for any incursion. He thought of what Ike said and, considering the importance of the Headwater in the leadership of this temple, considered it best to make it his priority to guard him.

Approach near the Headwater.

"Sir, I assume my friends have told you about the plot underway right now," he said briefly. He looked around, noticing Ike attempting to leave, and that Nikolai was nowhere around. "Please be aware of your surroundings. I'll guard you until my friends arrive."

Guard the Headwater. Keep my distance from anyone who looks suspicious, and have my staff in both hands. Be ready to summon the shadows if I need to.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 521