Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128731 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 7: Crew Expendable
« Reply #6810 on: February 24, 2017, 04:54:25 pm »

<I don't suppose he carries stacks of mad cash with him when he goes out on the town. It seems like it'd be bad for his health. In fact, safest of all would be if he had no cash at all and this hex of his carries not just a dispel magic on it but also some kind of middle-of-the-road flesh-eating curse. Not too quick, not too slow, but very messy either way. Or maybe he's way out of our league and possesses unheard-of powers of sorcery as well as bullshit dodging powers. The only way to find out for sure would be to try something, and for some reason I'm not too keen on that.>

<As for ratting the fucker out, that was my line of thinking as well, though I don't suppose I'd be able to conclusively identify him if he's any good with magic at all.>

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: February 24, 2017, 07:22:28 pm »

Zechariah was absentmindedly listening to the beginning of the conversation, still shaking off the morning grogginess. He shook into awareness, however, as soon as he heard something about a heist being mentioned.

To the nearby party members on commwire: <No. We're not stealing from anyone, especially from... from monks? Why would we steal from monks? Especially if it's some sort of arcane relic. That ends up in us either getting instantly vaporized or summarily executed not long after we take it. If he's still in town, though, we could try to identify him. At any rate, you're right. We should go talk to the waiter first.>

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:05 am »

"We must keep our sense of morals! We will not steal from these faithful monks. I will not hear a word of it."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: February 25, 2017, 04:12:29 pm »

"We must keep our sense of morals! We will not steal from these faithful monks. I will not hear a word of it."
((Of course, you're not on that mission, as far as I'm aware...))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: February 25, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »

((You're at the staging area, on a completely different mission. you have neither knowledge of nor communication with anyone on the Campaign mission.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6815 on: February 25, 2017, 04:44:38 pm »

((Oh, I thought she was just being sarcastic. :P))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: February 25, 2017, 07:47:23 pm »

((Ok, this is seriously annoying and weird, I had thought I already POSTED A RESPONSE here  but it seems it didn't go through -_- I'll try to recreate it as best as possible though))

No action
((Maybe check if you've got the commwire so we can keep in contact with the Temple-team :O))

Thank the travelers for their time, and their politeness despite their first impression of me.

Ask San if he's more comfortable traveling with them now knowing where they're headed and them knowing where we're headed. Knowing his place on the map and the village that the travelers spoke of, inquire for any other landmarks nearby or other sources of news--what we can prepare for in terms of 'what others observed, what war is this, what stood out in weapons or otherwise'.

Also wish them all a great day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: February 25, 2017, 07:59:23 pm »

((All my previous stuff was lost during that last fight with River. I have no commwire.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: February 25, 2017, 08:55:47 pm »

((All my previous stuff was lost during that last fight with River. I have no commwire.))
((Parisbre, do either of us have commwires? :P We both got knocked out by that fight...
...We should've asked to share it with the Temple-team. Oops.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: February 25, 2017, 09:16:17 pm »

((Default to join the guacamole team of happiness?

:D))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6820 on: March 05, 2017, 09:06:41 am »

Staging Area

((I guess I made my edit while you were working on the turn, but I wanted to volunteer for the big mission too. William's choice, so he can get stronger to beat that dragon into the ground.))

"What a tease. Got me all wound up and didn't even let me finish. And you mean pissing contest, right? I don't think dick fighting competitions are a thing. And if they are I want no part of them. That's the one part of my body that ain't supposed to be used as a weapon."

Are we still fighting? Is Frostbite still in range? If so, go boom. If we aren't fighting or he isn't in range, see if I can transform back while keeping the energy stored. Or if I need to burn it off, shoot my name in the snow in fancy writing. Or spell out "Frostbite sucks" or something. If I have to burn off the energy, I want to do so in a creative and funny (to me) way, is what I'm getting at here.

And volunteer for that big mission too, if there is still space. I need to get stronger to kick that dragon's ass.

((Hmmm... I suppose I could roll for control with a penalty. Let's see...))

Frostbite has backed down for now, so it would be a bit dishonourable to attack him when he's not attacking you. Then again, he did kinda kidnap you and generally treat you like shit, so, eh, maybe an attack wouldn't be uncalled for.

<I don't know, whatever gross and immature mating ritual your tribe uses.>

You unleash your energy in a slightly more controlled manner. You cut enormous fissures in the ice, sending steam flying everywhere.

<We should kill him.>

When the steam is blown away by the wind, it is revealed that you have written in a rather crude and hard to read manner "WILLIAM RULES FROST DROOLS".

<Case in point.>
<I want to kill him.>
<Oh, sush you, you want to kill everyone.>
<We should still kill him.>

And sure, you can be in the mission. I'll get on with it when I have the time.

"Good news everyone. It appears that your entities want you to go explore the mysteries of the universe. In this case the mysteries of the universe take the form of a giant haunted spaceship! Enjoy!"

So now it is time for you to chose how to get there:

1. Charlie and Flagship 1.2

A grey rectangular thing descends from the sky and lands behind Charlie. It has a slanted front that kinda make it look like a tank and a circular back section that make it look like a flying grandfather clock. Charlie summons some sort of handgun and a short energy knife and leans against the vessel.

"Thick frontal armour and a burst drive meant for quick sideways maneuvers. Has a spinally mounted coilgun of respectable size that launches nuclear missiles. Also has a simple lab on board."

2. S0 and the Ship

A mass of shifting pyramids, each of them with a glowing core. Together they form a somewhat spherical shape. It descends from the sky and remains floating above the ground.

<This ship is perfect.>

3. Icarus and the Phoenix

A golden blur flies across the sky. A moment later it reappears speeding towards the ground like a bird of prey. It breaks hard, stopping inches before crashing. It looks like a fighter jet with wings made out of floating golden rectangles. The rectangles shift and stab themselves into the ground, stabilising the jet. The cockpit opens and a teenage boy in golden armour with hidden cyan lights jumps out. Thin golden bars like floating machete blades fly out of his back. They remain on either side of his body, looking kinda like wings.

"Lightweight, with powerful drive systems and a variable geometry body. Extremely maneuverable. Fires relatively weak energy beams. Also has powerful sensors."

4. Stellar and the Eternal Sunrise

A bullet-shaped vessel materializes, glowing with a faint inner gold glow. Stellar goes to stand in front of it, holding a golden shield and a spear of light.

"Thick armour all around, powerful jammers and point defence systems. A good defensive option, if you're into that sort of thing."
"I want to see them return alive and well. There is nothing wrong with that."

5. Roger D. Drake and the Party Van

There is a blast of rap music coming from the forest. A moment later, a thing that looks like a big fat missile jumps out of the trees with a burst of exhaust. It lands on giant wheels with spinning golden rims and comes to a stop with a screech and the smell of burning rubber. Rodger goes to stand in front of it, cracking his knuckles.

"Thick frontal armour, aerodynamic body, powerful main engines. Basically what would happen if a missile mated with a monster truck. Also contains 'party equipment', whatever that means."
"It means fun stuff."

6. Nobody and the X

A thing with four-way symmetry lands in the middle of the plaza. It looks kinda like a big nail with its thick engine section and thin body.

"Good old boring frame, somewhat armoured, somewhat armed, somewhat quick... A ship meant to get you from point A to point B and do it well, without too many bells and whistles. Fires basic remote guided missiles."

"And that's all your choices. Well, except for Darkstar, but trust me, you don't want him to go with you."

"Take your time to decide. Prepare for the mission, get to know each other, faff about, I don't care. We're not in a hurry."

Campaign

"When you spend long enough dead, learn not to waste time sleeping off hangovers. Plus this potion helps.
What's for breakfast?"

Nik commwires any nearby comrades wearing a commwire <Good morning Comrades!>
"I hope you like roasted vegetables with a side of vegetables and a thin slice of mystery meat."
You sit down with the man and eat some. You hadn't realised just how hungry you were until you actually started eating. The thing actually tastes quite good. The leek-like vegetables release a sweet-tasting fluid and the small amount of meat helps add some taste and variety. You thank the man for the meal as you finish drinking your can.
"Oh, don't thank me. You should thank young miss Isan for convincing me to let you stay and paying for it. It's her kindness you are receiving, through proxy."

Eat breakfast then help clean up the mess from last night. Discreetly pocket some bottles of liquor for molotovs and what not.

Comm to the Ike: <A heist? Sounds like fun. What are we stealing and why?>

Regroup with the others. Let them know that they missed a good party last night, I assume.
When you're done with the breakfast, you insist that you help him clean up from last night. You try your best to fix a bunk bed on a different room. You do an OK job, but you use a bit too many planks and nails, giving the bed a rather unsafe appearance. Apparently, you broke that bed when you tried to 'improve' it, only to have it break as it became too large for the room.

He, meanwhile, continues working on making sure the house's foundations are OK. It kinda moved out of place because after the bed broke you tried 'improving' the house to fix the problem of the bed not fitting. He says that you actually tried 'improving' several things around the house but in your drunken state you couldn't figure out that you could only 'improve' two objects at the same time. While he's busy, you try snooping around for alcohol but a quick search doesn't yield any results. You decide you should probably not risk getting caught and so don't

You thank the man for his hospitality and get out of the house. Now to figure out where you are in relation to the others... While you're out on the streets, you get the feeling that everyone keeps staring at you and whispering things about you. Hmmm.... Could it be you did something so big that everyone knows about it? Hopefully it was something impressive.

When you reach the others, you tell them what a great party they missed. You don't actually remember the party, but you're pretty sure it was great. There's no way it couldn't had been great with that much alcohol in your system.

"When you spend long enough dead, learn not to waste time sleeping off hangovers. Plus this potion helps.
What's for breakfast?"

Nik commwires any nearby comrades wearing a commwire <Good morning Comrades!>
I have no idea if Alan has a commwire anymore or not, I'm fairly certain he lost it at some point though.

Since I'm singing about it, make some guacamole! Substitute candy if I can't summon any of the ingredients for whatever reason.

Actually, make a lot of guacamole. I should reward the nice monks for their waterpark or whatever we came here for. Also communal breakfast.

The dice say you are actually quite a decent cook. Everyone is quite grateful for your masterfully crafted breakfast, once they get over the fact that you just summoned the materials used to make it.

((I always miss the first time this updates after a bit of time))

"It's a groovy day on the earth, oh yeah, I know!"

There was some kind of water monk meeting thing that we were doing. Also inform the rest of the crew that it is not at all impossible this might turn into some kind of heist (it kind of depends on whether we get what we want out of this or not).
You head to the temple. A good amount of people have been gathered there to witness some sort of ceremony. The guy you are supposed to meet, an old guy wearing tarnished faded blue robes, comes out of the temple and begins the ceremony. He spends some time speaking about the importance of purity but also about the importance of accepting others and how water manages to embody both of those seemingly opposite traits, because they are not so opposite after all. He then does some magic on the water that turns them crystal clear. The effect spreads through all the water that flows from the basin, even the muddy waters in the fields momentarily become clean. He then invites them all to drink from the holy water while he talks about the importance of water and invites all to meditate on the way of the water. People drink from the basin and then begin walking away, most of them making their way towards the fields while the rest make their way out of the walled garden. A few stick around, talking with each other or hoping to speak with the Headwater. They're treating him with respect, bowing and saying "Oh, Master Headwater, I plead you to let the rain of your wisdom fall upon this problem." before they start complaining or asking help about various things. He seems willing to give advice, but some of his advice sound more like platitudes to you and he doesn't appear to be willing to actually give anything important to others for free.

While you wait, Nikolai joins you. Hmm... He looks kinda different. Did he get a new haircut?

So, how do you want to approach this guy? The gatekeeper is there, you could get him to introduce you. Or you could just go up to him and talk directly. Or throw pies at him or whatever deranged plan you have in mind.
((Also, if you aren't interested in RPing this conversation then you can just post what you want as an action.))

No action
You relax on Theri's grip while she rubs your head and scratches you behind your ears.

((Ok, this is seriously annoying and weird, I had thought I already POSTED A RESPONSE here  but it seems it didn't go through -_- I'll try to recreate it as best as possible though))

No action
((Maybe check if you've got the commwire so we can keep in contact with the Temple-team :O))

Thank the travelers for their time, and their politeness despite their first impression of me.

Ask San if he's more comfortable traveling with them now knowing where they're headed and them knowing where we're headed. Knowing his place on the map and the village that the travelers spoke of, inquire for any other landmarks nearby or other sources of news--what we can prepare for in terms of 'what others observed, what war is this, what stood out in weapons or otherwise'.

Also wish them all a great day.

San says he'd prefer it if he stayed with you until he found his dad. The man says he'd feel better if San traveled with him, but he won't force the boy to do so if that's what he really wants.

He says most soldiers have pretty standard swords but some of the higher ranking officers have some nasty magical items. He saw one of them throw a bottle with trapped Wind in it. Some people started yelling because their friend got arrested while they were passing a checkpoint. So the man in charge of the checkpoint just threw the bottle right in the middle of them. When it broke, the explosion knocked out everyone close to it and then the soldiers proceeded to arrest everyone involved.

You say goodbye to the nice people and wish them luck in their travels.

((Parisbre, do either of us have commwires? :P We both got knocked out by that fight...
...We should've asked to share it with the Temple-team. Oops.))
You've got one. Irine doesn't. But you're too far away from the Temple team to reach them. Even if you could contact them, you are also in the future, since it's still morning for them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:46:06 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: March 05, 2017, 09:47:37 am »

We should continue scouting, probably will turnaround tomorrow I guess?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: March 05, 2017, 10:23:23 am »

THE FACTS:

We are interdimensional travelers here on a mission to hunt down and presumably destroy a similar interdimensional traveler (provide all known details of the thing we're hunting for)

We collectively possess much in the way of might and magic, as you would put it in a place such as this, and are prepared to trade these for information and material assistance if this is required.

We have a strong idea of what the cause of the disaster to the west may have been, as we had something of a first-row seat to the happenings in what is a fascinating story we hope to relate.

We know a little bit about the overall motives and modes of operation of a cabal of arbitrary interdimensional intelligences engaged in silly games and politicking that invariably involves the deaths of anywhere between 1 and several million innocents on a given mission.

We need information about disturbances and likely locations of the thing we're hunting, including a more specific in-depth description of Nether Pass and the areas surrounding in to shed light on what we can expect there.

Since this is a pre-industrial fantasy society, the Water Monastery presumably hoards a lot of knowledge that could help us with our mission.

We have little time for platitudes and nonsense, so let's trade facts for facts and conjecture for conjecture, shall we?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: March 05, 2017, 11:34:35 am »

Alan, Master Chef

Alan looks at his hands in wonderment.

"My god. I amaze myself every day. What else could I accomplish with this power?

I should test my limits."

Start cooking a bunch of extravagant shit and narrating the cooking process in a Gordon Ramsay-like fashion, only use completely nonsensical ingredients - toasted carrots with a gummy bear reduction glaze and various other things like that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: March 05, 2017, 11:36:16 am »

<Svajoklis, Staging area>

I say we take Icarus. It has sensors to detect trouble and maneuverability to avoid it. Since our main goal is not to fight stuff in space but just get on board of a haunted spaceship, we shouldn't need overly powerful guns.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 521