Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129020 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In stereo where available
« Reply #6720 on: February 05, 2017, 02:20:54 pm »

"My Lady."

Saevus kneels in respect.

"I was merely fulfilling mine duty."

Talking, ho!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: February 05, 2017, 04:02:32 pm »

Alan grins.

"On one hand, I should probably apologize in advance. On the other..."

Lightly pinch his nose twice and say 'honk honk' like it's a clown nose, then run past him giggling. I wanna find a place to go sledding from!

Yes, in the stone monastery.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6722 on: February 05, 2017, 07:06:44 pm »

it should actually be easy for her to carry my stuff - I dont have much - but I'm fine with either action. but for me right now, rest comes first.
Eh, I assumed you would actually carry enough supplies for you to be able to last several days, since I don't know what exactly it is you're planning. You can leave those behind if you just stay in fox form so she'll just have to carry your sword and clothes and other stuff.

((I assumed it is fine for me to answer in Tiruin's place since I believe she would give you this information anyway.))
((This GM. I like his style. A lot.))

it should actually be easy for her to carry my stuff - I dont have much - but I'm fine with either action. but for me right now, rest comes first.
Continue moving on and helping out; carry this nice person and instruct San to be on the watch (while giving him strict oversight). Continue talking with him and River, and talk and think about River, telling San of how awesome a friend he is and the nice quirkiness of how we met.
You get Irine's belongings, gently pick her up and start walking. She sleeps soundly in your arms, her head resting on your shoulder, letting the rhythmic movements lull her to sleep.

During your walk, you talk with San about River and how you met. The boy likes the story. He says he thinks River is kinda like his dad, he might be scary and mean sometimes and sometimes you might not understand why he does something but ultimately he just wants to help. You can feel River again so you assume that means he is fine, but he still has not communicated with you beyond that feeling. Yet for some reason you feel like you don't have to worry about him. Maybe he just needs some time.

It's a bit past midday when San calls your attention to a distant group of people coming from the opposite direction. By that time Irine has woken up, but you are still carrying her since it hasn't been that long and it really isn't bothering you that much. There aren't that many of them, only 8, at least one of them a child.

Alan grins.

"On one hand, I should probably apologize in advance. On the other..."

Lightly pinch his nose twice and say 'honk honk' like it's a clown nose, then run past him giggling. I wanna find a place to go sledding from!

Yes, in the stone monastery.

The gatekeeper is not amused.

Hmm... Sledding might be hard. But you could always jump off the roof of the temple into that giant pool. Or maybe climb the massive stone pillar and use the waterfall as a waterslide. I'm sure there's no way that could possibly go wrong.

Or maybe get someone to drag you through the pool while you're on your sled. If you go fast enough it will be the same thing, right? Like water skiing.

Staging Area

"My Lady."

Saevus kneels in respect.

"I was merely fulfilling mine duty."

Talking, ho!
She puts a hand on your "cheek" and raises your head that you may look at her smiling at you.
"I expected no less."
Then her smile fades somewhat and she lets go of you.
"I believe you are ready. Ready for your final and most difficult challenge."
She turns around, takes a few steps and then stops, looking into the distance, into the endless dunes and clear blue skies.
"Soon it will be time to end these games. Soon it will be time to face reality. Soon you will help me take what I desire. And then you shall be free. And more powerful than ever before. You will have anything you desire."
She turns to face you. She tilts her head slightly, as if she is considering something. You can't see her eyes so you can't tell much about her.
"Tell me then. What is it you desire? What will you wish from your goddess once you are free?"

((Well dang, that's disappointing. And apparently a waste if the demon did jump ship. Oh well.))

"Bullshit. I didn't choose to be here. I didn't wake up and decide 'hey , today seems like a good day to be freezing in the snow in my underwear. Who are you?"

Talky stuff. Double check that the demon isn't just hiding somewhere.
<You did. Do not lie. You wanted this. You always want.> he continues angrily.
You can hear another sound through the whistling of the wind. A rhythmic thumping.
<But you never consider what you want. And then you whine and complain. How I hate it.>
There is a great sound of air being slashed right in front of you. Before you can react, a massive white thing comes out of the snowstorm and smashes into the ground in front of you. The earth trembles and you fall, unable to maintain your footing.
<You wanted me.>
The creature spreads its wings and raises its neck, making itself appear even more massive as it roars.
<I am Frostbite.>
The quickest way to describe it would be a frost dragon. A four legged winged creature with an elongated neck and tail and vaguely reptilian shape. Most of its skin is white with ice covering it, helping it blend in to its surroundings, but there are patches of a black material that are not covered in ice, something like carbon fiber weave on its sides, the back of its wings, its eyes and the ear-like things on its head.
<Now you may know me...>
He lowers his head towards you. He shows his teeth as his head approaches you. They are made from the same black material.
<And despair.>

On the one hand, John was eager to test his newfound power.  On the other, he could really use a break.

"Hey, Galatea?  You around?"

Converse with Galatea; tell her about the mission.  If she's not around, Zero's a bit of a substitute... though he probably knows how it went down.  Ask him for a performance review instead.
You hear light footsteps in response and soon enough she appears beside you, smiling at you.

As usual, she is not very talkative but she listens to you attentively and displays genuine interest, asking you for clarifications from time to time.

"...and then I woke up here and, well, you know the rest."
"I see. You are a good player."
She looks down, thoughtful for a moment and then looks up at you with her big blue eyes and smiles again.
"This might be the last time we see each other."
She gets up slowly and extends her hand towards you.
"Wanna dance together? One last time?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: February 05, 2017, 07:22:17 pm »

"Waterfall water rafting? I've never gotten to do that before!"

Waterfall shenanigans ho!
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: February 05, 2017, 07:35:56 pm »

William stares blankly at the dragon for a few moments before getting up from the ground and responding. "That all? You don't sound like the demon, and you fit in way too well with this environment for it not to be yours, so you must be the fucker that roped me into this whole thing, just like the fucking aliens that made me this monster. The one who took me from my friends. From my family. The one who didn't even bother to speak to me for the first three games. Didn't say shit when I got myself infected by a demon. Left me to do everything on my own, and I did damn well. And now you want to try to intimidate me? To berate me about what I want? Hell fucking no. You have some fucking nerve. What I want is some good whiskey and a goddamn explanation. You. Wanted. Me. And you fucking got me." Bill retorts, his voice becoming a low growl as this half naked man puts his face right up against the dragon's and stares it in the eyes.

This is probably a really bad idea.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:20:14 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: February 05, 2017, 08:26:22 pm »

I'm content to stay in fox-form and half-pretend to doze (half-really-dozing). Theri and San can handle this, I'm sure.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: February 05, 2017, 08:41:53 pm »

"... Verily, I hath originally desired to return to mine original Liege. However, the short time I spent serving thee changed mine mind."

"For centuries I fought unsatisfying battles. T'was meaningless slaughter."

"Hither, I hath finally been challenged. Victory no longer is assured. And it leaves me feeling sanguine."

"An thou wilt, I wish to remain in thine service as thy Knight, so that I may slay thine foes."

Saevus likes this place more than his old home. What a surprise.

((A bit wordier than usual. Hopefully it still sounds as good as it sounded in my head.))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:45:32 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: February 06, 2017, 12:20:51 am »

John sighed.  How long had he been in this place, really?  It felt like both years and a couple weeks.  How much time had passed where he came from?  Did it even matter? 

Did it?  He had what he wanted, didn't he?  Right?

"...Yes.  Let's dance."

It is time to dance.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: February 06, 2017, 12:45:47 am »

"Sure! Gotta have troops, y'know."

Accept some troops and soak in more information about the region, the road to Kodromota, anything to watch out for on the way or perhaps something to specifically seek out.

Inquire also if maybe the traders have a spare wagon or two. Entertain them with a story of our fabulous mission in return (minus the whole games thing, that's a bit implausible).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: February 06, 2017, 10:29:17 am »

Kosak Durar, Staging Area:

Kosak rises from his bow.

"Thank you."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6730 on: February 06, 2017, 01:17:47 pm »

"Waterfall water rafting? I've never gotten to do that before!"

Waterfall shenanigans ho!
You begin the wonderful adventure of jumping to your death.

The first obstacle on your way to the afterlife is a great iron gate separating you from the inner courtyard where the gardens and fields are.

"Sure! Gotta have troops, y'know."

Accept some troops and soak in more information about the region, the road to Kodromota, anything to watch out for on the way or perhaps something to specifically seek out.

Inquire also if maybe the traders have a spare wagon or two. Entertain them with a story of our fabulous mission in return (minus the whole games thing, that's a bit implausible).

You get some more men for your little army. You're not really sure how many. You guess that will be your surprise tomorrow morning... or whenever these guys wake up from their eventual hangover. Good thing you seem to be holding your liqueur so far.

You get some general information about the surrounding area ((you know things about the area and can roll for slightly more obscure stuff)) but you seem to have unfortunately stumbled upon the most clueless group of traders there ever was. They don't know much of interest. All they tell you that is somewhat interesting is that there's a rich man's estate somewhere between Traveller's Rest and First Green. Its fields and warehouses are probably abandoned now, its guards gone. If it hasn't been looted by the invaders, you could do so yourself. They've thought about doing that themselves but they don't think the risk of the trip would be worth it.

They say that if you want them to part with their wagons, one of their most valuable possessions at the moment, you'll have to offer them something much better than a crazy story. Much more.

Staging Area

*blows into mic* : Is this thing on? Good. Attention players! When ready, report to the courtyard for emergency mission briefing. :

William stares blankly at the dragon for a few moments before getting up from the ground and responding. "That all? You don't sound like the demon, and you fit in way too well with this environment for it not to be yours, so you must be the fucker that roped me into this whole thing, just like the fucking aliens that made me this monster. The one who took me from my friends. From my family. The one who didn't even bother to speak to me for the first three games. Didn't say shit when I got myself infected by a demon. Left me to do everything on my own, and I did damn well. And now you want to try to intimidate me? To berate me about what I want? Hell fucking no. You have some fucking nerve. What I want is some good whiskey and a goddamn explanation. You. Wanted. Me. And you fucking got me." Bill retorts, his voice becoming a low growl as this half naked man puts his face right up against the dragon's and stares it in the eyes.

This is probably a really bad idea.
He immediately snaps his teeth and tries to bite your head off, but you manage to partially dodge out of the way. You get slapped by his head and tumble backwards in the snow.
<I. DO NOT. CARE.>
He pounces towards you, snow streaming from his spread wings.

"... Verily, I hath originally desired to return to mine original Liege. However, the short time I spent serving thee changed mine mind."

"For centuries I fought unsatisfying battles. T'was meaningless slaughter."

"Hither, I hath finally been challenged. Victory no longer is assured. And it leaves me feeling sanguine."

"An thou wilt, I wish to remain in thine service as thy Knight, so that I may slay thine foes."

Saevus likes this place more than his old home. What a surprise.

((A bit wordier than usual. Hopefully it still sounds as good as it sounded in my head.))
"Then it shall be as you desire." she says and nods.
"Now we have a final choice to make. Will there be a penultimate challenge for you? Or are you ready to face the final challenge?"
She turns around and walks through a portal to the staging area.
"Come with me. We shall find out what he is up to."

John sighed.  How long had he been in this place, really?  It felt like both years and a couple weeks.  How much time had passed where he came from?  Did it even matter? 

Did it?  He had what he wanted, didn't he?  Right?

"...Yes.  Let's dance."

It is time to dance.
You dance with her like you did when you first created her. For those few moments no thoughts or worries bother you. There is only dance, the only thing you focus on.

You end your dance and spend a few moments looking at each other. You briefly wonder if you might have been happier and more fulfilled if you had chosen a career as a dancer instead.

She takes a step back and takes a small bow.
"Thank you."

Kosak rises from his bow.

"Thank you."
"You're welcome son. Now. Is there something more? Otherwise, I wanna go see what that Charlie is plotting."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: February 06, 2017, 01:34:10 pm »

"I assume you're my sponsor?"

Upon the inevitable yes answer, Kosak reports to the emergency mission briefing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: February 06, 2017, 01:36:28 pm »

"Thank you, as well.  It's been pleasant here, in the quiet parts.  Makes a nice change from the violence."  John sighed, a bit of a wistful look in his eyes.  "Well, I can't not go, I imagine.  When... whatever this is is over, I'm going to ask.  Ask if I can take you with me.  You never know with these guys.  But if not... I'll miss you."  John stopped, quietly looking down.  He then stepped closer and gave her a big hug.  It held on for a while, then he finished it with a quick kiss to the forehead.  "Take care of yourself."  John started to turn, then stopped.  "Oh hey!  If I... don't make it back, look for Alan.  He's a cool kid; really a laugh riot.  And... good luck out there."

John nodded his head, then headed out.

Report in.

On his way down the stairs, John looked up.  "Zero, status report on this mission?  Oh, and what's your performance evaluation of that one?

Also check in with Zero.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: February 06, 2017, 01:43:28 pm »

"Hmm! They only lock the good waterslides, I'm on to something."

Attempt to push the gate open. Failing that, is is just wall beside the gates? If so, summon ladder!
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: February 06, 2017, 03:09:12 pm »

"Then FUCK! YOU!"

Japanese Monster Battle 2: Tentacle Harder. Transform. Charge. Deploy anchors and weapons. Try to muzzle and otherwise bind the dragon by wrapping him with my anchors before impaling it. Maybe keep one anchor free to slap the dragon with it. See what weapons I got.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 521