Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129342 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6450 on: November 02, 2016, 11:33:54 pm »

"Hey guys can you get below to catch me I'm coming down but my hands are kinda slippery and I'm holding Bill And Ted and I don't wanna damage him guyyyyyyys"

Call for assistance! If I do fall, spam plush mattresses below me to catch my fall.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: November 02, 2016, 11:38:24 pm »

WMD, After the End

Go check out the end of that tunnel.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: November 02, 2016, 11:54:55 pm »

John: After the End

Yes, the comm center.  Let's try to avoid the most crowded areas, but a squad of 15 robots lead by roboman is probably going to attract attention regardless.

Basically, don't go way out of the way to avoid attention, but don't seek it either.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: November 03, 2016, 06:10:15 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Neato."

Use my sword to discombobulate potential magical wards around the entranceway. Poke around with it. Tap the armor's shoulder gently with the flat of the blade. If nothing happens, see if I can make off with the armor.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6454 on: November 03, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »

self-addressed: D's remnant needs to quit it. He's doing a partial takeover and this is very much not okay. I am me, and want to be treated as me. He's way out of line what with how he's pretending he's me and speaking for me.

To the sword: <... Okay, you have my permission to judge me.>
<Very well then.>
The presence and the power behind it is unleashed, surrounding you and enveloping you. It feels as if you're trapped beneath molten rock. But it is not actually hurting you nor invading you, merely surrounding you. It's not making any move of its own but it is watching your every move.
<Reveal to us your greatest desire.>
<State your ultimate goal.>
<Tell us what you would make right for others if you could, what you would fix in past present or future.>
Nothing is as simple as asking for your favourite colour these days.
<Answer us and we shall judge.>

"Hey guys can you get below to catch me I'm coming down but my hands are kinda slippery and I'm holding Bill And Ted and I don't wanna damage him guyyyyyyys"

Call for assistance! If I do fall, spam plush mattresses below me to catch my fall.
How exactly would they assist you? Try to cushion your fall with their bodies?

Anyway, you manage to hold on for now, but you don't feel comfortable enough to let go of the rope or try to summon something. I mean, you could try, but the risk would be greater.

WMD, After the End

Go check out the end of that tunnel.
You continue approaching. As you get closer you can make out more details. You can see a small tent by its side. It looks old and unused. The gate itself is closed, as are the two smaller gates on its sides. You don't see any doorknobs, but there is a lever besides each, so you assume they move electrically. However turning the switch only causes a red light to light up for half a second. Maybe the mechanism that moves them is out of power. One of the gates has a significant dent in it, as if someone tried to force their way in.

The entire area is covered by a thin sticky substance. It's making the light coming from the emergency lights much weaker. It's also making details harder to see, blurring them under its semi-transparent covering. There's also some black sludge close to the dent door.

John: After the End

Yes, the comm center.  Let's try to avoid the most crowded areas, but a squad of 15 robots lead by roboman is probably going to attract attention regardless.

Basically, don't go way out of the way to avoid attention, but don't seek it either.

You start making your way through the streets. It's uneventful for a while. A man follows you for a block but then disappears. Then you notice people hiding in a rooftop close to you. One of them is talking to some sort of communication device. You zoom in just in time to hear him informing someone about you and the direction you are moving in. You zoom out again and check out the area in front of you. On the side streets, two blocks away from where you are, there are three pickup trucks waiting to ambush you and box you in. There are men with guns unloading from one of them, setting up behind cover. Their bodies are mostly bare, revealing extensive tattoos, deformed by unhealthy looking giant growths. Many of them walk with a quite peculiar gait as a result of their centre of mass being off.

You noticed them quite soon. You could simply try avoiding them. But if they're set on attacking you and are able to find out where you are, then those cars would allow them to easily catch up.

Campaign, Ike!

"Neato."

Use my sword to discombobulate potential magical wards around the entranceway. Poke around with it. Tap the armor's shoulder gently with the flat of the blade. If nothing happens, see if I can make off with the armor.
You use the "poke it with a stick" method to determine if the room is safe. It looks safe. You experimentally put your leg in. Still safe. You take a step inside. Nothing happens. You continue advancing, looking for pressure plates as you do so, until you reach the armour stand. You poke it a bit with your sword from as far away as you can. Nothing happens. You poke harder. You hear a click coming from somewhere underneath the part you pushed. You instinctively roll away. A moment later a large area around the armour explodes into flames and stays that way for several seconds. They're so hot you're forced to look away and leave the room to escape the heat and the light.

You return to the room when the light disappears and the wind dies down to find it just the way it was, only extremely hotter, like walking into an oven. It can't be healthy staying here for long. Hopefully the heat will dissipate soon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: November 03, 2016, 01:53:14 pm »

<Home>
My response is accompanied by images of home. Images of my many-species-children. Images of those whom I failed. Images of what is now gone.
<I miss home.>
and are followed by what happened to them.
<My ultimate goal, is to bring them back, and to end whoever did that to them.>
<...>
<But that's long-term, and probably outside your jurisdiction. The goal I have in mind for here is more immediate.>
I show our mission briefing.
<I learned more later on>
I show my conversation between me and River and D.
<And my intention is to do what we came here to do, without letting anyone permadie. Not even River, despite what happened.>
I show the last fight in the village, and the memories D left for me.
<Is there anything else you need to know?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: November 03, 2016, 02:24:42 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

((Just checking, you do remember that my sword was turned weird by touching that chaos portal, right?))

"You gotta love fire traps."

Go over to Irine and see what she's doing. If she's still gawking at the sword, tap her on the shoulder. If that doesn't do anything, tap the big sword with my sword.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6457 on: November 03, 2016, 02:55:00 pm »

<Home>
My response is accompanied by images of home. Images of my many-species-children. Images of those whom I failed. Images of what is now gone.
<I miss home.>
and are followed by what happened to them.
<My ultimate goal, is to bring them back, and to end whoever did that to them.>
<...>
<But that's long-term, and probably outside your jurisdiction. The goal I have in mind for here is more immediate.>
I show our mission briefing.
<I learned more later on>
I show my conversation between me and River and D.
<And my intention is to do what we came here to do, without letting anyone permadie. Not even River, despite what happened.>
I show the last fight in the village, and the memories D left for me.
<Is there anything else you need to know?>
<We do not care about what you are here to do.>
<Well, we do, but it is not what we really want to know.>
<Our primary concern is your character. Who you are. The goals of someone may change, but their being seldom does. Only the conditions it is in.>
<That is why we ask those questions. How you answer them is more important than the details.>
<Although they are enjoyable. It's nice to see there would be something interesting for us to do should we choose to accompany you.>
<We do not seek information with this interrogation.>
<This conversation itself is what we seek.>
<So speak freely and do not feel obliged to answer all of our questions.>
<Although doing so would probably let us reach a verdict sooner, one way or another.>

<So, you say you seek to end whoever destroyed your world.>
<Would that bring you great enjoyment? To fight them and kill them all? To see them suffer? Or would it be a thing you do out of duty, something you would do in a detached manner, clinically, emotionlessly?>
<Is this a quest really for your enjoyment? Your desires? Something you have to do to satisfy some urge? Or is it for something greater? For answers. For justice. For doing what is right.>
<Why even bother with revenge at all? Any deeds you do, any information you gain, it will probably change nothing for you. It will not bring the dead back, it will not give you back your world.>

Campaign, Ike!

((Just checking, you do remember that my sword was turned weird by touching that chaos portal, right?))

Go over to Irine and see what she's doing. If she's still gawking at the sword, tap her on the shoulder. If that doesn't do anything, tap the big sword with my sword.
If you're using the Chaos Sword, then the same thing would happen, but you'd also notice that the armour is pretty durable as it not only managed to not get shredded by the sword but it didn't even get scratched by the blade fragments hitting it.

Well, it does something in that Irine can feel you tapping her. I dunno what she wants to do about that though. I can guess she's probably annoyed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: November 03, 2016, 03:00:13 pm »

((I don't actually have any other sword. So if I mention my sword, I do mean the chaos one.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: November 03, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »

"HEY GUUYYYYYYYYS CATCH ME IF I FALL OKAY"

Yes. Yes they would.

Carefully make my way down the rope.

If I slip off the rope or whatever and start falling, do the summon mattress thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: November 03, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

<Not true. At my full power, when I was creating my world, I could bring them back, and I could rebuild my world. I did it once, I can redo it again. I just need to regain my old power, or gain enough influence with someone who has at least as much power, of which I know several, to work with me to fix this. A similar level of power was also required to cause what happened to happen, so I'm also investigating my suspect pool at the same time. All of this is through my participation in The Games. I will fix this, it is not impossible, and I will make it happen. It is my responsibility.>
<I do this because it is my duty. I stepped down from power because I was not worthy of how much power I had. I failed those under my power when I did, because nobody better was able to take the role, and the role was a necessary one. I still am not worthy of that power, but I need it back to fix things>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: November 03, 2016, 07:17:37 pm »

These guys must be desperate if they're after me.

Let's try to avoid them, maybe ducking into a sewer or some such if possible.  If they can't be avoided, they can't; but I'll have to pull some new tricks before engaging.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: November 03, 2016, 08:11:50 pm »

Saevus, After the End

The 'use it for suppression and plop the shield on the ground' one sounds good. If the tools contained within the building might help me out with fixing the damage I incurred, look for a way in. Or make one with the Blingcannon. If they won't, keep heading North.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: November 03, 2016, 09:36:18 pm »

You can hear the assistant loudly scolding the other patients.
"What are you lot doing up? You should be resting, not standing around eavesdropping and gossiping like a bunch of old hags. Come on then. Break it off. Back to your beds you go."
(Love good ol' curiosity poking its narrative head in :P)

Theri had a difficult time comprehending what was happening due to the need to pay attention to healing pains, but from the gist of what she heard, she assumed she caught onto half a conversation about something important earlier. Something much alike to what she had experienced, in a way.

Currently, she looked at the boy and raised her eyebrow the tiniest bit--sure that someone who would be noticing every detail 'because she'd eat him' would see, and then smiled. This first impression would be tantamount to his understanding...especially as a kid, who has seen things he wasn't prepared for. He'd be going through a tough time, and Theri was glad she at least could understand these.

"My name is Theri, it's nice to meet you. I'm not going to eat you--I'm not a monster. You're safe with me here, I'm a guardian," she said, matter-of-factly, making sure to pronounce her words a bit slower than usual and more pronouncedly. A thorough mind had the fun of pushing away more witty comments like 'Oh yes I'm going to eat you, that is why I am here', but a mind that was witty also had awareness that was wise; she was dealing with a child, and while it was important to know their personality (so one would know how to better respond), she didn't know him. But she knew he was scared.

"I just look different, that's all. Mostly my ears, and my fluffy tail. You can look at it," she said, slipping her tail out of the blankets, "-here, nothing to be afraid of. These people wouldn't be taking care of me if I was going to hurt any of them. You're safe with me."

Theri turned to look back at the ceiling. "It is safe here. Did you have enough sleep lately?"

Calm the young child! And converse with him!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6464 on: November 06, 2016, 03:17:24 pm »

((I don't actually have any other sword. So if I mention my sword, I do mean the chaos one.))
Oh, yeah, right, you handed out the other swords you had to the others.

<Not true. At my full power, when I was creating my world, I could bring them back, and I could rebuild my world. I did it once, I can redo it again. I just need to regain my old power, or gain enough influence with someone who has at least as much power, of which I know several, to work with me to fix this. A similar level of power was also required to cause what happened to happen, so I'm also investigating my suspect pool at the same time. All of this is through my participation in The Games. I will fix this, it is not impossible, and I will make it happen. It is my responsibility.>
<I do this because it is my duty. I stepped down from power because I was not worthy of how much power I had. I failed those under my power when I did, because nobody better was able to take the role, and the role was a necessary one. I still am not worthy of that power, but I need it back to fix things>
<You say you care for justice. Then what about justice for all the offenses committed by the being of darkness that accompanies you, the one you call River? Do you regard the deeds of all of your companions in such manner?>

Campaign, Ike!

Well, there's no response from Irine, so you try to touch your sword to Irine's sword... Heh. Anyway, try is the operative word here, since it feels like it's pushing against your sword. Your blade doesn't seem to like that. Its shifts are becoming slower and more erratic, spreading it wide and making it look like you're holding multiple transforming swords. It's making your hand tingle. You could try to force it, but I wasn't sure you'd want to.

"HEY GUUYYYYYYYYS CATCH ME IF I FALL OKAY"

Yes. Yes they would.

Carefully make my way down the rope.

If I slip off the rope or whatever and start falling, do the summon mattress thing.

You slide about halfway down before losing your grip. You slam against the pointy walls of the well, scraping your back. The pain is making it hard to concentrate, but you do manage to summon a single but relatively large mattress. Your aim however is a bit off. You'll hit close to its edge. And it'll hit the sword and the two people around it.

Ike, as always, has excellent awareness and reflexes so he can easily dodge out of the way if that is what he wants to do.

Irine on the other hand manages to barely hear the attack despite Alan's yelling and her reflex roll allows her to only partially roll out of the way if that is what she wants to do. Or she could try to convince the sword within the next turn or two and hope it saves her.

You can hear the assistant loudly scolding the other patients.
"What are you lot doing up? You should be resting, not standing around eavesdropping and gossiping like a bunch of old hags. Come on then. Break it off. Back to your beds you go."
(Love good ol' curiosity poking its narrative head in :P)

Theri had a difficult time comprehending what was happening due to the need to pay attention to healing pains, but from the gist of what she heard, she assumed she caught onto half a conversation about something important earlier. Something much alike to what she had experienced, in a way.

Currently, she looked at the boy and raised her eyebrow the tiniest bit--sure that someone who would be noticing every detail 'because she'd eat him' would see, and then smiled. This first impression would be tantamount to his understanding...especially as a kid, who has seen things he wasn't prepared for. He'd be going through a tough time, and Theri was glad she at least could understand these.

"My name is Theri, it's nice to meet you. I'm not going to eat you--I'm not a monster. You're safe with me here, I'm a guardian," she said, matter-of-factly, making sure to pronounce her words a bit slower than usual and more pronouncedly. A thorough mind had the fun of pushing away more witty comments like 'Oh yes I'm going to eat you, that is why I am here', but a mind that was witty also had awareness that was wise; she was dealing with a child, and while it was important to know their personality (so one would know how to better respond), she didn't know him. But she knew he was scared.
"But- Your ears..."

"I just look different, that's all. Mostly my ears, and my fluffy tail. You can look at it," she said, slipping her tail out of the blankets, "-here, nothing to be afraid of. These people wouldn't be taking care of me if I was going to hurt any of them. You're safe with me."

Theri turned to look back at the ceiling. "It is safe here. Did you have enough sleep lately?"

Calm the young child! And converse with him!
"No I-"
"I mean, I don't know."
"I slept. I don't know how long. I still feel tired. And my legs hurt. And my arm feels itchy where they wrapped it."

He's quiet for a while. He looks away, getting his head into a more comfortable position, but he's still looking at you with the corner of his eye. His breathing slows down somewhat.

"I'm San. San Fjurrsson."

These guys must be desperate if they're after me.

Let's try to avoid them, maybe ducking into a sewer or some such if possible.  If they can't be avoided, they can't; but I'll have to pull some new tricks before engaging.
A quick look around shows a passage that leads down to something like some sort of maintenance area. It's empty, making it look much like a giant empty underground parking lot. You could try going down there. You can see other passages like it in the distance, so it should be a way out.

However you'd either have to leave your minions behind or maybe summon a quick lift to take them with you, since they can't climb ladders. Being underground would also limit your vision somewhat, since you'd have to zoom in close enough to see underground.

Saevus, After the End

The 'use it for suppression and plop the shield on the ground' one sounds good. If the tools contained within the building might help me out with fixing the damage I incurred, look for a way in. Or make one with the Blingcannon. If they won't, keep heading North.
Using a mounted machinegun like an uzi. What's next, dial wielding? What has magic done?!

Hmm... Well, they could help. You smash the lock on the door with a hammer and take a welder and an assortment of materials. You've never used one of those things before but you somehow know what it is. Now if you take a bit of scrap, maybe put one of that things there, adjust this part, maybe add a little bit of that stuff...

You don't realize how you do it, but by the time you're done you've managed to patch up the damage on your body. Your arm looks bulky, with random pieces of scrap threatening to get in the way, but it should now be even more durable than it was before. Your leg looks much more closer to to normal. You even managed to fix some of the runes on it, letting them light up with magic once more and giving you back better control over it.

While you worked, you heard the distant sounds of combat and the occasional rifles firing from the watchtowers, but they've stopped a while ago. You don't see anything moving outside.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 521