Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126517 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #5985 on: May 02, 2016, 01:52:42 pm »

After the end
Shrink the singularity back to normal size, try to get on a different vehicle. That missile is making me nervous.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: May 02, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »

"Hey, Ike? Could I see Nik's sphere for a bit? The spheres seem to have appearances similar to how this world interprets their natures, and I'm wondering what elements are most likely to influence him and be influenced by him."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5987 on: May 04, 2016, 02:18:51 pm »

Alan, Master of Linguistics

The solution is clear: if Rickman can't speak English, I have to learn to speak Rickmanese! Lessons commence immediately with much enthusiasm on my part.

I... what?
Seriously, I love Xan for his ability to post those unexpected actions that make me pause and think.

Okay, so give me a hand here. Do you actually have a plan about how you are going to do this? Or even a hint of a plan, a general direction? Or does this action boil down to "understand an alien language by mere willpower"?

Campaign, Ike!

"Shyeah, right, like there's a world where that isn't some kind of trap."

Look around for hostile animate stone hands. Prepare to dodge.
There is a distinct lack of animate stone hands. You'd think that if there was a giant stone hand walking around on its fingers like Thing T. Thing, you'd have heard it by now, even without your super-hearing. Unless it's... RIGHT ABOVE YOU! ... Nope. No it's not, a vigorous look on the ceiling just sets you back on your adjustment to the dark.

After your eyes have a chance to further adjust however, you can see that this room has a very interesting decor. Its walls are filled with engravings of circles, squares, triangles and other more complex geometric shapes with symbols inside them, all interconnected by straight, curving or angular lines. Even the floor is just one giant circle. They kinda look like arcane circuit boards. Maybe this was some sort of altar? A place where they prayed or sacrificed virgins to their gods? Or maybe it was the prison of some being and by breaking the roof you just broke the spell that was imprisoning it, thus allowing it to roam the lands and wreck havoc?

There is a single door that goes out of this room, but it appears to be locked. Maybe it leads to some inner chamber? Maybe this is supposed to be a guardian or a warning? Then again, if this was part of a flying building... why would someone keep that in a flying building? Then again, crazy fire wizards with exploding tower. Anyway, above the door there are large symbols you have seen often enough to understand that they are most likely letters.

Going around the room, you also notice that the humanoid has short stubby stone wings folded behind its back. They are made of lines that branch like tree branches, if those tree branches were drawn by someone obsessed with right angles.

"Hey, Ike? Could I see Nik's sphere for a bit? The spheres seem to have appearances similar to how this world interprets their natures, and I'm wondering what elements are most likely to influence him and be influenced by him."
No response.

<Where's old nosey got himself to? I bet he's out there having fun without us.>

You saw him climbing around a few moments ago. He couldn't have gone very far. Maybe you could go look for him? Or maybe just use telepathy, that could also work. Right?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:54:19 am by Parisbre56 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: May 04, 2016, 02:26:03 pm »

<After The End>

Keeeeep waiting to ambush the guy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: May 04, 2016, 02:48:48 pm »

WMD, After the End

Aw hell. Hey, demonic possession spirit parasite guy. You want to help me kill that other guy that's emitting stuff at us? I got some new things to try out. And you probably understand funneling all the ambient charge into specific effects better than I do.

Fire all the things at my opponent.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: May 04, 2016, 03:24:34 pm »

Alan, Eager Student of What's Probably a Bird

Well, let's see, there's probably a few ways to go about this. As a general plan/direction, begin imitating Rickman's squawks. Point at objects and squawk, point at me and squawk, point at him and squawk, see if he corrects me at all. Basically build on a base from there, see where he takes me, keep my mind open, etc.

Also plenty of pure determination.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: May 05, 2016, 04:32:17 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Check the door and whether I can unlock it somehow. With my foot, for instance.

Failing that, examine the stone man. Does it seem to have much in the way of articulation?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: May 05, 2016, 09:34:53 am »

through the commwires, to Ike:<Hey, Ike? Could I see Nik's sphere for a bit? The spheres seem to have appearances similar to how this world interprets their natures, and I'm wondering what elements are most likely to influence him and be influenced by him.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: May 05, 2016, 09:56:31 am »

through the commwires, to Ike:<Hey, Ike? Could I see Nik's sphere for a bit? The spheres seem to have appearances similar to how this world interprets their natures, and I'm wondering what elements are most likely to influence him and be influenced by him.>

<Sure. I kind of fell into a hole though. You're free to join me if you like.>

Give directions to the hole if necessary.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:05:14 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: May 05, 2016, 10:27:59 am »

To Ike!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5995 on: May 07, 2016, 10:47:28 am »

Alan, Eager Student of What's Probably a Bird

Well, let's see, there's probably a few ways to go about this. As a general plan/direction, begin imitating Rickman's squawks. Point at objects and squawk, point at me and squawk, point at him and squawk, see if he corrects me at all. Basically build on a base from there, see where he takes me, keep my mind open, etc.

Also plenty of pure determination.

You spend a lot of time trying to imitate the motions and the noises the alien makes. You have no idea if it's working or not, they all seem the same to you, even if there are probably subtle differences.

A long time passes before something interesting happens. You feel something tugging at the back of your mind and suddenly the squawk sounds different. Both like it's closer to you, right in front of your nose, and also like... like words, a bit. Like there's rhythm and variation in it. This is working! And all you had to do was let the alien probe your brain! You're a genius!

Campaign, Ike!

Check the door and whether I can unlock it somehow. With my foot, for instance.

Failing that, examine the stone man. Does it seem to have much in the way of articulation?

Kicking the door only results in a hurt leg. That thing is tough like stone, even though it looks like metal (covered with the same engravings as the rest of the room).

However, you do have a nice tool you could use to unlock it. You remove your commwire and use it on the lock. That, combined with your hearing enable you to move the pins and unlock the door. And there are a lot of pins.

Behind it is... surprisingly underwhelming. There is a corridor that extends towards the nearby piece, but its roof has become twisted and squished, blending with the corridor above it and becoming impassable. If you want to follow it, you'll probably have to try to move the debris or find another hole.

Well, I guess this does give you some information. One, that this room was important enough to lock with a relatively tough lock and two, that this room was important enough to make it incredibly tough compared to the rest of this place.

The stone man (or woman) seems to have seams on his body that would allow it to move its limbs, like an enormous doll, but actually moving its limbs seems impossible. All your pushing just results in it moving back and forth in its restraints, like the world's weirdest pendulum. There's also a squircular seam on its front, where the metal plates attach, almost like some sort of panel and another one on its back, right below where its wings attach to its body. The one on it's back looks like it's popped up just a couple of millimeters. Maybe it's enough to try and pry it open?

<Sure. I kind of fell into a hole though. You're free to join me if you like.>

Give directions to the hole if necessary.
To Ike!
The signal is quite bad for some reason, but with a lot of repetitions and mental yelling on both your parts, you manage to communicate.

Following Ike's instructions, it's very easy to find his hole. He-
Oh, really? I'd love to find out for myself.
Sshhh. Stop breaking the fourth wall. Anyway, he seems to have fallen in a large circular room with-
<A circular room? I bet that would be hell for River.> See? Totally IC.
A circular room with a stone humanoid in it. It lacks a head, instead it seems its torso is a lot taller than it-
<You know, because he's a dog.>
A lot taller than it would be on a human, ending way above where its arms start. The walls-
<And dogs can only pee on corners.>
Due to the light coming through the hole acting as a spotlight and the debris covering it being fairly non-reflective, Irine can only see a very small part of the engravings covering every-
<And circular rooms have no corners.>
Of the engravings covering every inch of the room. The roof of the room has been dented badly and looks quite fragile, ready to fall. At least it wouldn't be a very big fall, because-
<Oh, you could probably ask Ike to throw you the sphere!>
Because the room looks quite short. Just tall enough to hold the large stone humanoid in the middle, like a suspended statue. Still, it probably won't be very easy to get out of there again, at least not by simply jumping. The surrounding-
<Oh, wait, fragile sphere, bad idea.>
The surrounding area was probably once part of the inside of... whatever this thing was, but now it is completely covered by debris and dented metal beams. It looks like something sweeped the walls away, leaving little behind.
<You could just get some sturdy canvas to make a climbing rope. Then we can go have some fun in Ike's hole. You can climb a rope, right? And, well, if you can't you can just turn fox and have Ike pull you out, now that it doesn't hurt so much to do so.>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: May 07, 2016, 10:51:36 am »

((UGh, absent for many days. Lenglon and the rest--busy catching up, what had happened lately? :S Hoping Theri helped?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5997 on: May 07, 2016, 10:58:45 am »

((UGh, absent for many days. Lenglon and the rest--busy catching up, what had happened lately? :S Hoping Theri helped?))
Alan made a new alien friend.
Which may or may not be just a bird.

In other news, Ike and Irine are exploring the ruins of a building that looks like it fell from the sky.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: May 07, 2016, 11:59:32 am »

<I... I don't know if I can climb a rope. I've never tried it. I... I think I can? Um, Do you know why it doesn't hurt to change anymore?>
"Um, Ike? How are you going to get out of there?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: May 07, 2016, 03:55:42 pm »

Alan, Fuckmothering Genius

"I'm a genius!"

Try communicating with Rickman now. Am I capable of introducing myself yet? If not, keep learning.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 521