Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126312 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #5940 on: April 21, 2016, 11:55:21 pm »

Stand up(If I'm not), try to shoot him in the chest. Move my vortex slightly to the left.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5941 on: April 22, 2016, 11:41:28 am »

After the End

UHV cables?

Any of those around?

If you mean high voltage cables, then yes. You can in fact see some of them close to the hole on the outer shell of the cannon and you should be able to access more of them through an access panel or by exploring a bit.

((My bad. Got busy and forgot I hadn't posted here yet.))

Transform. Start charging. Keep an eye on the creature.
((Psst. Just a reminder that if you don't tell me to activate those new thing you got, then I won't. That way you can choose whether or not activating them is worth the tradeoff. So I'll just give you the standard Anchor for now.))
Complete my metamorphosis by becoming a large hominid bear. Continue spewing poison. Consume the dead bodies of nearby humans for sustenance.

"Biomasssssssss...."
You release a cloud of foul smelling sickly green gas that quickly spreads throughout the room. Even before the bulk of the gas has reached them, people start coughing and falling to their knees. Soon, they are on their backs, writhing in agony as their insides are attacked by the toxin. While people die around you, you decide you have a right to bear arms (and the rest of its body), so you transform into a rather large, slightly humanoid bear. Seeing as one can never have enough biomass, you then immediately begin to mutilate the corpses of the dead and dying as you feast upon them.

"HAHAHAHAHA! Look upon me and despair, tiny puny mortal!" you boast with your mouth half-full of flesh, blood still dripping from it.
"You don't stand a chance! So just stop hiding and come out to face your inevitable end!"

The entire eastern wall of the room breaks apart. From behind the rain of plastic shards erupt thick tentacles. They curl around what's left of the metal supports of the wall, bending them slightly as they grip them tightly, and then harden. Through the haze, you can see a bright glow coming from the centre of the web of flesh.

"Damn it!  Always cuts out when I'm low on time!"

Tail the guy.  He'll probably enjoy a summoned-shot missile right up his tailpipe.  Another shot at the armor, if there is time.
You raise your head to get a good view of your target and try summoning a missile and launching it at the escaping car. You're having a lot of trouble getting the parts to appear, for some reason. So you just give the entirety of your concentration to its engine and let your ability fill in the rest. A few moments later, a comet of scrap launches itself towards the vehicle, leaving behind it a beautiful trail of blue plasma as it slowly gains speed and closes the distance.

Stand up(If I'm not), try to shoot him in the chest. Move my vortex slightly to the left.
You begin standing up and start moving your vortex out of the way to get a clear shot, to ensure the bullet's path is no diverted by its dark un-energy.
You hear a buzzing noise. Your eyes never close. You can already see where its coming from, where it materialized over your opponent mere seconds ago.
Time slows down.
A spike made out of scrap metal is flying towards you, a metal spear surrounded by a halo of blue light.
The disk of light breaks apart and becomes partially obscured for a moment whenever one of the poorly attached pieces of its exterior falls off and gets left behind, slightly changing the colour of the surrounding plasma as they touch. It reminds you of an iris.
It's getting larger. That means it's getting closer.
Split second decision. Life or death decision. What do you do? Take your chances, roll the dice.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:09:32 am by Parisbre56 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: April 22, 2016, 11:49:01 am »

<After The End>

Can I set them up to electrify the metal bits without electrifying myself?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:27:57 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: April 22, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Looks like somebody's crashed a flying house. Or some kind of land version of a submarine. Or hell, just a plain old landship."

What kind of rooms? Does it look like there are any engine parts around? Or humanoid remains, for that matter?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: April 22, 2016, 12:47:33 pm »

The door opened itself? An invitation! Enter the room and be prepared to shoot anything that moves. Do it medieval SWAT style. If the room is clear, look for my opponent elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:08:01 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: April 22, 2016, 01:18:22 pm »

"Was this a flying saucer? Coooooool."

Look for little green men. Begin spouting nonsense about Roswell.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: April 22, 2016, 01:25:55 pm »

Modify the poison emitters to instead leak caustic gas, A.K.A. airborne acid. Make my skin and fur resistant to the gas. Then, emit large bursts of this acidic mixture towards the tentacle monster. Charge forth, roaring.

"FEAR ME, TENTACLE DEMON THING. I SHALL ANNIHILATE THEE."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: April 22, 2016, 01:34:28 pm »

Now would be an appropriate time to abandon ship, I believe. Jump away, hopefully onto another vehicle, and position the vortex between myself and the missile, enlarging it as much as I can.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: April 22, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »

<Svajoklis, After the end>

And so I get to be the most wanted man. Not exactly the greatest start, but there are worse.

Check if there are alternative exits, for example through a window. If not go outside, ready to shoot anyone who exibits anything besides surender and relief to see me. See if I can find anything in the security station.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: April 22, 2016, 04:09:54 pm »

Do the anchor shell thing I did before. Activate the new offensive thing. Keep charging. Blast the creature with whatever I've got if it gets through.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:33:06 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5950 on: April 23, 2016, 02:00:50 am »

Just a few answers.
Fakeedit: And lots of references, apparently. Don't know why I'm in a referencing strange mood and oh man, I just turned my explanation about references into a reference.

After the End

<After The End>

Can I set them up to electrify the metal bits without electrifying myself?
To use the words used by many annoying teachers "I don't know, can you?"
You'd have to do some climbing, cut them or find a place where they can be easily disconnected and then apply the current to one of the metal supports around here, so that if your pursuer follows you, he'll get zapped.
There are going to be rolls. Now they could be good rolls and you'll end up with something like a gate of light from Dishonoured or they could be bad rolls and you end up like the cat in National Lampoon's Christmas Holidays.
So, you know, standard RTD situation, unless you can provide me with a reason why you should get bonuses or succeed without a roll.

Also, edited your part in the previous turn a bit, because I was tired and didn't make sense. A hole that has been made on a hole? Well done brain for coming up with something as silly as that.

<Svajoklis, After the end>

And so I get to be the most wanted man. Not exactly the greatest start, but there are worse.

Check if there are alternative exits, for example through a window. If not go outside, ready to shoot anyone who exibits anything besides surender and relief to see me. See if I can find anything in the security station.
Well, there's a ledge outside the window. The window has been cracked and weakened by the shot that went through it, so you should be able to easily smash it. You could smash the window, go out and try to get somewhere else, either on this floor or another one. It's quite a big fall, though. Ready to take some risks, Mr Anderson?

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"Looks like somebody's crashed a flying house. Or some kind of land version of a submarine. Or hell, just a plain old landship."

What kind of rooms? Does it look like there are any engine parts around? Or humanoid remains, for that matter?
Well, there are no intact engine parts that you can see, at last not around here. There are things that could had been part of an engine once (pipes and gears and gyros and other appropriately steam-punk-y and retro-future-y components) but you'd probably have more luck trying closer to one of the three large pieces, since those are the more intact ones.

Also, no humanoid remains that you can see around here. But if this thing had humans in it (and it probably did), you bet there should be some around. Because whatever happened here, it looks like something that would be hard to survive.

The pieces appear to have been smashed and their floors have been bent away from each other, so seeing more than the honeycomb-like appearance of the cross section of a giant submarine is hard, at least from the outside. The only ones you can see clearly are the large empty ones and those are, well, empty. But you guess it's going to be the standard. Quarters, supplies, engines, weapons, etc.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: April 23, 2016, 02:04:30 am »

After the End
Bryan

Get next to the access port if it's closed, can I start trying to get into the guys head?
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: April 23, 2016, 02:19:25 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Large pieces!"

Large pieces! Specifically the one that's blocking the road. Does it have any visible entrances? Can I hear anything from within? What does the entrance, if any can be found, smell like?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: April 23, 2016, 02:28:21 am »

"Um, are you able to do somethign with this or something? what is so nice about large pieces?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: April 23, 2016, 02:29:52 am »

"Um, are you able to do somethign with this or something? what is so nice about large pieces?"

"I assume there's treasure inside. Or monsters. Both, probably."
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 521