Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126335 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5235 on: October 21, 2015, 07:47:33 am »

<I'm hardly a medic; my surgery is more like butchery!  Give me a minute, okay; anyone else out there know first aid?>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: October 21, 2015, 10:08:22 am »

<I'm hardly a medic; my surgery is more like butchery!  Give me a minute, okay; anyone else out there know first aid?>

George's unconscious body twitches slightly.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: October 21, 2015, 10:57:20 am »

Awkwardly dance up to the locals all friendly-like.

"Sup, new aquaintizzles? What's hanging, aside from any executions your people may have recently performed in which case not cool?"

Be backup dancer. Make sure metahuman teammates stay behind.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: October 21, 2015, 02:48:50 pm »

following
Re: You are the evo ape.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: October 21, 2015, 04:00:54 pm »

"Sup, new aquaintizzles? What's hanging, aside from any executions your people may have recently performed in which case not cool?"

Be a backup backup dancer. Like so.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5240 on: October 22, 2015, 10:49:39 pm »

Campaign

I go to ground and let the full-humans handle the interaction with the locals

((going to be unable to post for a couple days.))
You go prone near the top of the ridge, only your head sticking out as you watch the rest of the team go on.

((Aren't you (and everyone else) technically either metahuman or inhuman, since all of you are either more than human or not human? One guy has frigging wings. I can't even go with what's inconspicuous. Guy with giant ears? Fat guy in a starving land? The group sticks out like... something that sticks out, I don't know, too tired. Eh, whatever. Let me post a small update until you decide.))

Be a backup backup dancer. Like so.
((Heh, I'd forgotten about that song, thanks for reminding me.))

You start going down the small ridge, following the road towards the newly discovered structures. As you approach, there is a shift in the wind. The cool breeze that had persisted since yesterday stops and then resumes in the opposite direction. The dogs get up and look around nervously for a couple of seconds before starting to bark towards you, showing no intention of stopping. The man near the fence puts down his tools and turns his head to look around, first at the dogs and then at you.

You can see him more clearly now that he is closer. He seems a bit old, maybe in his mid 40s, his hair and short beard starting to show some grey. He is wearing a sturdy looking grey shirt and dark pants, something that seems of high quality but not very lavish, stained and scratched from heavy use but not torn or otherwise compromised. He is also wearing a dark leather glove on his right hand. From what little you can see of his body, from his height and from the way he carries himself, you'd say he is pretty strong.

When he notices you, he gets up and briskly walks towards the other person, the one close to the wagon. They speak for a few seconds, exchanging quick words. When they finish, the man turns around and makes his way a bit further away from the structure, closer to the farm plot, closer to you and the dogs, while the other retreats inside the small tower. He stops there, waiting close to a fence and a pump half-covered by dirt, looking towards you.

Spoiler: Sheet, If it works (click to show/hide)
I see this, but I'm a bit unsure. Give me some time to consider it, check the numbers. Too tired right now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: October 22, 2015, 11:27:11 pm »

Alan suddenly stops his dance routine and petulantly huffs while looking in a random direction.

"Ahem, narrator, I didn't see me actually asking the locals my question. Allow me to repeat it for you:

So can I say this pls?"

Say/interpretive dance my greeting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: October 23, 2015, 09:16:13 am »

Campaign, Ike!

((I meant just leaving the beast people behind, really. The rest of us could just be confused with clowns or something. Particularly Nikolai, who has inexplicable green hair if I remember correctly.))

Harmonize with Alan as he asks his question.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: October 23, 2015, 10:31:11 am »

Provide a beat.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: October 23, 2015, 10:47:16 am »

Irine - stays back
Irine's fireball - stays back
Theri - stays back
River - stays back
Zech - stays back
Alan - goes
Ike - goes
Nik - goes
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5245 on: October 23, 2015, 08:40:39 pm »

Irine - stays back
Irine's fireball - stays back
Theri - stays back
River - stays back
Zech - stays back
Alan - goes
Ike - goes
Nik - goes
((Okay then, going with this.))

Roger starts quietly singing the lyrics of "A horse with no name" as you watch the diplomatic mission/dance routine walk towards the others.
He stops a while later. After a second of quiet, he asks a question.
<So... what are we doing here?>

Alan suddenly stops his dance routine and petulantly huffs while looking in a random direction.

"Ahem, narrator, I didn't see me actually asking the locals my question. Allow me to repeat it for you:

So can I say this pls?"

Say/interpretive dance my greeting.
Well, you didn't ask your question because you hadn't arrived yet. The scene described was what happened while you were approaching. If you wanted to yell your words from far away or while galloping threateningly or some other variation of said thing you should had stated that clearly. Now stop breaking the fourth wall or I'll bring out the silliness police.
Campaign, Ike!

((I meant just leaving the beast people behind, really. The rest of us could just be confused with clowns or something. Particularly Nikolai, who has inexplicable green hair if I remember correctly.))

Harmonize with Alan as he asks his question.
((Not really:))
Nikolai actually looks fairly normal under his mask. No hideous scars or mutations or strange markings.
He's very pale and gaunt, and middle aged. He has green eyes, grey hair, and a grey moustache.
((He's actually the most normal amongst you. If you disregard the fact that he has a piece of cloth around his mouth, like a scarf. Although I guess you could attribute that to a combination of bad fashion sense and the sandstorm hitting last night. EDIT: Should add that to the first post along with the rest.))
Provide a beat.
"Welcome -"
The man starts saying something as you approach, speaking with a perplexed expression and tone, but Alan quickly interjects. He starts rapping his questions to Nikolai's beat, while Ike provides backup vocals with some "ooo yeah-yeah-yeah" and "not cool, y'all". As they do so, the trio continues doing something like dancing, although it looks more like they're having a mild seizure. Overall, except for Ike's singing, it isn't a very good performance.

The man stares at you silently for a second, clearly thrown off balance by your behaviour.
"...what?"
"Who are you strangers? What are you doing here?"
he adds a few seconds later.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:01:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: October 23, 2015, 08:57:43 pm »

"I'm not entirely sure
But I'm incredibly bored
I was hoping that you'd have some ... shit I can't think of a rhyme for bored.
I'm Alan, he's Ike, that's Nikolai,
And we're the three people who are really fly
Fly in the sense that we look good to the eye
Not literally like an antigravity pie!"

Perform shitty rap, forget what we wanted to do with these guys midsentence, bemusedly look around at other people to figure it out.
Also wiggle.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: October 23, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »

(. . . So how's the number crunching coming along for the character I sent in?)
(And the by the way, The way my "Code of honor" works is that if I break it I lose All my powers.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:51:29 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: October 24, 2015, 03:12:16 am »

<Well, the local humans seemed to really hate and distrust beastmen so I'm staying behind to avoid scaring them.>
My tails are idly flicking about, occasionally rubbing against my sides and / or back.
<If they get into trouble or a fight, I can go help them easilly enough from here.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: October 24, 2015, 03:54:05 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Continue harmonization! I may be the only one with any talent here, but we can still pull through!
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 521