Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127088 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5100 on: September 25, 2015, 11:13:31 am »

"Ow fuck ow damn ow shit I knew that was terrible idea. At least your tunnel worked."

Crawl through the tunnel into the tent. Try to bandage or splint my hand the best I can (not sure what I have to do this with. Maybe leftover food packaging could work, might have some cardboard.)

Switch my shield to strapped to the arm with the broken hand.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: September 25, 2015, 11:20:27 am »

Oh, so I still have the original.  Got it.  Slightly amending action.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: September 25, 2015, 11:36:22 am »

Guess there's nothing else to do but watch the skies and launch cars at Nick if I see him.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: September 25, 2015, 12:06:16 pm »

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Crush the head of the creature with the mace just to be sure. Inspect my ammo suplies, reload the gun(s) and go see what that green light is all about.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: September 25, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »

"Aw, you did a me! Here, buddy."

Give Nikolai a band-aid.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: September 25, 2015, 02:15:36 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Poke the irregular section firmly with the hilt of my sword, hit it a couple of times with the hilt as well, try scratching at it with the blade if that doesn't work. Percussive exploration!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: September 25, 2015, 02:18:26 pm »

Rune points to the sky where he had deduced the source of the assault to be coming from. "I'd say he's right there. Give me a bit of covering fire, please."

Quickly use bio-mass to sprout some kind of wings, then move towards the source of the assault. Don't flying in a straight line, but rather roll and gently curve as I go to make myself a more difficult target. If I see my foe, unleash fiery hell with my rocket launcher.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: September 25, 2015, 06:14:13 pm »

Team A, WMD

<We interrupt this banjo music marathon to bring you an important announcement: STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE ROOM WE STARTED IN. SHIT'S ABOUT TO GET EXPLODEY. Now back to your regularly scheduled banjo.>

Do the thing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: September 25, 2015, 07:42:44 pm »

George - Storm Coming

Unsure of what to do, George twiddles his thumbs as he listens to the destruction happening outside his safe place.  He looks at the burnt creature curiously and walks toward it.  George used to be a germaphobe, but thanks to his condition he's not that nervous about getting sick any more.  There's far more sinister things to be afraid of now.  He reaches for the dead creature.

Pick up the burnt corpse with my bare hands.  Examine it and try to identify what kind of creature it is.  Then try breaking the charred corpse open to look at its insides.  If the inside of it is not burnt, put my hand in there and try to feel around for anything useful.  Who knows, maybe it swallowed some kind of super-advanced anti-lightning device.  Might as well take a look.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: September 25, 2015, 10:26:01 pm »

Please Auto me for today until I get my bearings about--dealing with x_x anxiety here (and sorry for my 10 day ish absence).

Lenglon/anyone else, please provide productive actions (even if you generally know what Theri is like). I do not want to be left doing...next to nothing.
:-\

Sorry for absence.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: September 25, 2015, 11:43:44 pm »

Theri - Regroup with the others for now, can investigate after storm has passed. don't want to be isolated. upon regroup notify group of what was seen.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: September 26, 2015, 12:27:44 pm »

Team A
"I realize that I have hurt you through my inaction. Nothing I can do now will change the pain I've caused in the past. I couldn't do something then, but I can do something now. What I can do now is protect you from everything happening now. I can keep you safe, and we can leave this place." Bryan's voice takes on a more accusatory tone, "And to you hiding in the shadows, Why don't you come speak your accusations to my face? Someone who is too afraid to face his or her opponents has no right to belittle their actions. And what of your own? Are you so blameless in this matter that you can judge from behind a veil? Leave her out of this, and face me. I won't fight if you don't attack, why don't we talk?"
Can I remember any of the events they are talking about? What is the girl's name by the way, surely I know that. Also, look and listen for the source of the voice.
((I hope I don't say something that screws this up.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: September 26, 2015, 03:21:07 pm »

Storm's Coming
Take a chunk of earth, and throw it at Nick, or wherever I think Nick is.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5113 on: September 27, 2015, 01:17:40 pm »

Storm Coming

John, Team Boss

"You better point that thing at him!  Guys, some covering fire?  Got a gun for someone!"

Nope on out of there to a nearby building that's out of the firing line.  Hand off the gun to anyone who wants it.  Try to summon another sensor helmet like previous models while on the way, though running has priority.
Despite the weight of the weapon you're holding, you manage to start running at a good enough speed.

Three beeps accompany the whine coming from Adam's cannon. A moment later, the sound cuts off. The momentary silence is followed by a sound that can best be described as "whoosh-pop". Glancing behind you, you notice that the ground is sporting a new crater right next to where Adam was pointing his cannon. And this one was probably not caused by lightning as A) the debris are not glowing and are of different composition and B) the blue glow is still there. And you're still too close.

There's loud and terrifying a avian shriek somewhere above you, accompanied by rumbling. There's a flash of light momentarily blinding you, a series of loud bangs from all around you almost deafening you. You trip and fall from the surprise. When your eyes readjust, you see the body of Adam, hidden beneath a car. It's not moving and it looks awfully red and black in places, its hair disturbed, its clothes slightly charred and smoking. But the earth has not exploded. This barrage wasn't as destructive as the others, but it happened much more quickly.

Guess there's nothing else to do but watch the skies and launch cars at Nick if I see him.
You watch John run away from his impending doom.
A piece of earth close to Adam suddenly compresses and then expands, sending debris everywhere around it.
A series of intra-cloud lightning strikes happen behind the thick black clouds above you, accompanied by the sound of rumbling. The light from the strikes momentarily turns the clouds grey. You notice a shadow moving in the clouds in those few moments of light.

You immediately attempt to launch a car at said shadow. The car flies incredibly high, while at the same time lightning bolts rain down from that spot in the clouds, one after the other in rapid succession, hitting but not detonating the glowing areas close to John. The car reaches the clouds, hangs there touching them for a moment and then starts its journey back towards the earth, where it lands with a loud thud and the sound of twisting metal and breaking glass.

Damn. That was close! Just needed a bit more power or a bit less weight.

Rune points to the sky where he had deduced the source of the assault to be coming from. "I'd say he's right there. Give me a bit of covering fire, please."

Quickly use bio-mass to sprout some kind of wings, then move towards the source of the assault. Don't flying in a straight line, but rather roll and gently curve as I go to make myself a more difficult target. If I see my foe, unleash fiery hell with my rocket launcher.
You attempt to hollow out your bones, remove redundant organs and create powerful wings. But instead, you get distracted by the pretty lights and forget what you were doing. Oooohh.... Shiny....

You too see the shadow in the clouds. You could fire at it, but at this range hitting it would be very hard.

George - Storm Coming

Unsure of what to do, George twiddles his thumbs as he listens to the destruction happening outside his safe place.  He looks at the burnt creature curiously and walks toward it.  George used to be a germaphobe, but thanks to his condition he's not that nervous about getting sick any more.  There's far more sinister things to be afraid of now.  He reaches for the dead creature.

Pick up the burnt corpse with my bare hands.  Examine it and try to identify what kind of creature it is.  Then try breaking the charred corpse open to look at its insides.  If the inside of it is not burnt, put my hand in there and try to feel around for anything useful.  Who knows, maybe it swallowed some kind of super-advanced anti-lightning device.  Might as well take a look.
You can't really tell what it is. You can tell it has 4 or 5 limbs and breaking it apart reveals semi-translucent and partially liquefied guts and bones that feel flexible, like cartilage. Unsurprisingly, it has no anti-lightning device in it. You assume that if said creature did had any strange powers, they weren't enough to keep it alive.

You stay inside and hope everyone else dies first.

Storm's Coming
Take a chunk of earth, and throw it at Nick, or wherever I think Nick is.
You randomly throw two pieces of concrete towards the sky, one after the other, towards where Nick was last seen during his attack, where they disappear behind the clouds. One of them falls down a while later, on the other side of the city. The other breaks the sound barrier and is never seen again.

Everyone
There's another shriek coming from the clouds. They start getting thicker, descending lower. Lightning strikes (natural ones this time) light up the sky and the first raindrops start falling, wet spots on your skin that let you know the rain is almost upon you.

Campaign

I'd take off my only remaining clothes and change to full-fox away from them, to access my claws. so am full-fox and we have a tunnel through to the inside.

now inside the tent, I look around and evaluate the shelter.

<See? not that hard.>

I then go back outside and bring my clothes (well, all it is is an oversized shirt) inside.

<Come on in!>
We'll assume you left your clothes under a rock so that the wind doesn't take them away while you dig. And I'm pretty sure your Scout Shirt was burnt and then used to bandage River. I think you're now wearing an old Peasant outfit, complete with pants and shoes. I think, I didn't check my notes, just going from memory here. Anyway, you get those in the tent.

As for inspecting the inside of the shelter, you can't really see it because there's no light, but from what your other senses are telling you, it's OK. It's large enough to fit most of you, as long as you don't mind being a bit cramped. The ground is soft, so people can sleep there, as long as they don't mind any potential bugs or other animals that can dig reaching them. It's very protective, almost airtight, save for your tunnel and the hole Nikolai managed to make. With enough of you breathing in here, it will probably be enough to make the night comfortably warm... or the day unbearably hot.

You can hear the wind hitting the tent from the outside, you can hear the sword supporting the tent creaking slightly in response to the wind applying pressure on it, but you don't feel anything in here. Some sand will probably get in from Nikolai's hole unless you close it, but it probably won't be enough to cause any problems. There is the small problem (pun not intended) of there being a giant sword blade in the middle of the tent, so people should probably be careful not to trip and fall on it. But other than that, it's fine.

"Ow fuck ow damn ow shit I knew that was terrible idea. At least your tunnel worked."

Crawl through the tunnel into the tent. Try to bandage or splint my hand the best I can (not sure what I have to do this with. Maybe leftover food packaging could work, might have some cardboard.)

Switch my shield to strapped to the arm with the broken hand.

You remove your shield and try to get into the tent. With a lot of pain and a bit more cursing, you manage to squeeze through the hole. You manage to put your shield on your other hand and then lie down to rest for a second before you start working on fixing your arm. At least, that was plan. Because right now you've started snoring.

"Aw, you did a me! Here, buddy."

Give Nikolai a band-aid.
You give Nikolai a band-aid. Yay! He does not seem to appreciate your help very much though.

You've suddenly started rolling 5s. I think piecewise was right. The world is ending.

Campaign, Ike!

Poke the irregular section firmly with the hilt of my sword, hit it a couple of times with the hilt as well, try scratching at it with the blade if that doesn't work. Percussive exploration!

Nothing of interest happens beyond you making a small dent on the wall and your blade slightly duller.

Please Auto me for today until I get my bearings about--dealing with x_x anxiety here (and sorry for my 10 day ish absence).

Lenglon/anyone else, please provide productive actions (even if you generally know what Theri is like). I do not want to be left doing...next to nothing.
:-\

Sorry for absence.
No need to apologise.
I hope all is well/gets better.
Theri - Regroup with the others for now, can investigate after storm has passed. don't want to be isolated. upon regroup notify group of what was seen.
Theri turns around and starts making her way back, deciding that it might be risky being isolated from the rest. Whatever is there will probably still be there tomorrow, unless the storm takes it away. River looks at the light for a few more seconds, before he continues following Theri, still keeping his distance.

Theri returns to the rest of the group and informs those awake and willing to listen of what she found in her exploration of what lies further down the path.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:19:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: September 27, 2015, 01:21:59 pm »

"Hmm. Sleepytimes I think!"

Summon a very big feather mattress for us to sleep on.

((Yeah, no one expects the Xantalos conspiracy.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 521