Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127050 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #5040 on: September 16, 2015, 05:44:08 am »

I circle round the statue, inspecting the area around it (and hunting any food animals that might be hiding here), and then, assuming area is safe and the ground is good for it, I go to the protected side, set my clothes aside to avoid ruining yet another set, and begin digging a shelter.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: September 16, 2015, 02:02:53 pm »

"What's he smiling about? I wouldn't be so happy if my head fell off."

As Theri leaves he says "I'm setting up camp here. Call if you need help or if you find anything interesting."

Set up the tent at the base of the statue. Stab ground with sword, apply curtain, apply rocks, tsar.

"Hey Alan, could you get summoning some food? How about lots of beef jerky."
((NAV made beef jerky yesterday. It is delicious.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:01:46 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: September 16, 2015, 02:33:08 pm »

"Good start, I guess!"

Try to sneakily examine the animals behind the statue and determine if they're up to no good. You never know around here.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:53:54 am by Harry Baldman »

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: September 16, 2015, 03:06:35 pm »

Stay covered. Hit in weak places if any mannequins approach.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: September 16, 2015, 03:28:06 pm »

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Food geyser! Beef of all kinds!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5045 on: September 17, 2015, 06:40:29 am »

AAAAA
Team A

Still charging. Oooh, can I flood the team comms with banjo music? If so, do that. It's a great prank.
The team's comms fill with banjo spam.
A pulse of light is emitted from your body, a slowly expanding sphere illuminating your surroundings and then disappearing behind the walls. A while later, the strange lines of light you sent out earlier come back, their colour different and constantly changing. They come and wrap themselves around your body and limbs before disappearing. Where they coiled themselves around you, you can see your flesh starting to mend and heal. Cool.
About 20 second of banjo left.

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Forgeting to hide something that could harm you? Heh, sir Fifty-five, those SCP guys who say you are not (in containment) might just be right.

Light a match. If I see our shadowy friend, mace him. If not, light the torch.
You light a match and bring it close to your torch-flail, waiting for the second it takes for the fire to take and start spreading. It feels like something is slowing the fire down, making it weaker, but it's not enough to stop it. It keeps spreading until you have a nice fire, illuminating a circular area around you.

The bird-monster lunges out of the darkness and attempts to strike you with its claw-things, but you easily move out of the way with a spin and then counter-attack with a mace strike on its back. You press your advantage, trying to get another strike in as the creature screeches and starts turning around to face you. It barely manages to raise its claws to try to block your strike. But it doesn't keep it safe for long, as you use the mass of the mace to push it back and force it to the ground. You raise your mace to go for the killing blow, but the creature manages to roll away before it is hit. You easily keep up with it despite its frantic attempts to run away.

team A
Keep my distance from the girl, keeping my hands raised where she can see them
"Easy there, not one of who? I'm not one of the people who took you. I'm with the police."
Be cautious, there have been odd forces at play and she might be possessed.
"The... police?"
There is a bit of confusion in her mind, but it is immediately replaced by anger echoed in the presence around her.
"It is your fault."
She says and takes a step closer.
"You did not help." she adds.
Her left hand twitches for a split second. Sadness and regret battle the anger in her and around her.
"He tried to help me but he died. Because you did not help."

So Bold
"Heh heh heh... Oh. Right, I should probably do something to help. Aheh..."
Get a better angle, then laser the mannequins in half.
Wait until any of them stand. Then shoulder ram!
Stay covered. Hit in weak places if any mannequins approach.
Welroki does a few quick calculations, intending to laser the mannequins in half. Horizontally. In the same room his teammates are in. Without warning them. The invisible beam of light quickly cuts through everything in its path, going low, close to the legs. The mannequins try to jump, but their attempts are slow and uncoordinated. John notices the attack quickly enough to respond and tries to warn Fizz while he jumps, barely avoiding the beam. Fizz is not so lucky. He almost manages to jump over the beam, but loses part of his left leg in the process. He falls on the floor, screaming in pain. At least the heat cauterized the wound, slowing down what would otherwise be very serious bleeding to something a bit less dangerous.

The mannequins are still moving, trying to crawl towards you and grab you, but they are moving more slowly than zombies now. They can easily be outrun by people with legs. This could be your chance to exit through one of the two doors here.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5046 on: September 17, 2015, 10:09:29 am »

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Chase after the creature. If the mace is not so heavy as to neccecerily need to be carried in both hands, shot the thing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:14:14 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5047 on: September 17, 2015, 10:11:08 am »

"Hmph.
Oh, yes,my es, I am certainly ready to... Rumble."

Seal-Rune flops into his back and claps his flippers together energetically, hoping the entities realize he is ready.
Onk Onk Onk!
"So, are you guys ready to rumble?"
"Aye."
"So, are you guys ready to rumble?"
"Not really, but let's get this over with.  Hopefully it won't be too long of a fight..."
"I'm ready; let's do this thing."

"Good. Let us begin then." he says and claps his hands.
And with that, everything turns to darkness.

Storm Coming - Cheshyre

The clouds are moving quickly, carried by the strong wind whistling in your ears, low dark clouds moving to replace the grey ones above you, the dark blurry curtain of rain passing over distant hills and coming closer. Particles of dust and ash rise from the ground, carried by the wind, mixing with the smoke of dying fires burning in the wreckage of crushed cars and in the hearts half-destroyed buildings. It's a bit irritating for those of you with eyes when the occasional mote hits them and causes them to sting and water. There is the smell of ash and fire, burning wood and plastic, as well as the smell and feeling of coolness and moisture in the wind, heralding the approaching storm. The terrain and clouds are briefly illuminated by the occasional flash of lightning that is followed by the rumbling of thunder, before the dust and heavy cloud cover make everything darker and harder to see again.

Whatever happened here, it damaged most buildings, creating a terrain that is relatively flat. Few things rise above two stories height, most notably a small hill with a path leading up to it and a building made of steel and glass, about 30 storeys high, leaning away from the crater at a dangerous angle. Yet it appears that even before whatever disaster hit this place "pruned" its buildings, most of them were already quite short. That, combined with the fact that buildings are very sparse, surrounded by large empty areas, means that navigating around here is relatively easy. There are few large toppled buildings that create barriers of debris, but not enough to cause problems and most of them are not even close to you.

Relatively easy, because on top of the occasional large piece of debris, there are cracks and uneven sections in the ground, many of them radiating away from the crater, a few of them large enough to fit a man. Said crater is a deep hole of smashed rock, ash, dirt and debris. There's parts of the city's damaged infrastructure visible on its walls, cross sections of pipelines, tunnels and wires.

Your interfaces beep twice.
<Primary objective: Defeat your opponent or be the last man standing.
Secondary objective: Land the killing blow.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: September 17, 2015, 10:28:50 am »

John nodded at the group.  "Right, like I said earlier, I can summon equipment that anyone can use.  Since this guy is a flier, I was thinking about making a big flak gun to keep him off us while we mount a counterattack.  Anyone want to man that? Meanwhile, if any of you want equipment, tell me now.  The more complicated it is, the longer it takes, and I can do multiples a lot faster; meaning if you all want guns, you're getting the same guns.  Now, whatcha need?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: September 17, 2015, 01:20:17 pm »

Team A

Keep charging. Banjo harder.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: September 17, 2015, 01:53:26 pm »

"I already possess a rocket launcher. Any kind of additional ammunition would be nice. Due to the fact that this is a storm, I'm going to assume this bastard likes lightning, so if you could create a few large pillars of metal to attract any strikes of lightning, like a lightning rod, that'd be fine. I'm gonna try to get a few hits on this bastard with my rockets then become a large bird myself. Who knows, maybe while he's ripping me to pieces you guys could come up with a plan."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: September 17, 2015, 02:03:50 pm »

"Can hardly say no to a decoy!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5052 on: September 17, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »

((There actually is a toaster right behind me right now, but it's too scared to do anything.))

Follow along and perform antics as unnecessary. Internet's down for now (I feel your pain Tir) so just that.
HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Food geyser! Beef of all kinds!
You throw a single glowing packet of minced beef at Nikolai that disappears a few moments after hitting him.
Nikolai stops working on his tent and turns around to question you.
"Hey! What's your beef?!"
Of the highest quality!

"What's he smiling about? I wouldn't be so happy if my head fell off."

As Theri leaves he says "I'm setting up camp here. Call if you need help or if you find anything interesting."

Set up the tent at the base of the statue. Stab ground with sword, apply curtain, apply rocks, tsar.

"Hey Alan, could you get summoning some food? How about lots of beef jerky."
((NAV made beef jerky yesterday. It is delicious.))
You go close to the throne, on the opposite side from the head, and start working on your plan. You manage to arrange your miniature tent perfectly... Or, well, as perfectly as you can be expected to be able to arrange it. The dashed circle of rocks, half burried in dirt, hold the piece of fabric down, preventing it from getting blow away, while the sword keeps it upright in a slightly conical shape, its point embedded deep enough and at a slight angle so as to better resist the slight wind hitting it from the side, while its hilt passes through a hole in the fabric so as to keep it in position.

That done, you grab a rock with one hand and the hilt with the other, both hands touching the cloth. You focus your will on tsaring the entire thing, trying to hold it in your mind as a whole instead of a combination of parts. The transformation works. Perhaps a bit too well, since you quickly have to let go of the hilt to avoid getting carried away.

The end result is a heavy and impenetrably thick cloth forming a cone and surrounded by a circle of heavy stones that look more like small fortifications or barriers meant for vehicles. Unless a large rock or lots of sand falls from above, it should be fine. You can't see what happened to the sword, but you can hear something metal creaking inside as the occasional gust of wind hits it.

Only then, as you think about what happened to the sword, do you realise the problem with your design. You forgot to make an entrance. You've got a perfect shelter and yet you are locked outside.
The effort has also exacerbate your tiredness and hunger. You feel like you really need a place to crash. Which only makes the fact that you are locked out that much more irritating.

I circle round the statue, inspecting the area around it (and hunting any food animals that might be hiding here), and then, assuming area is safe and the ground is good for it, I go to the protected side, set my clothes aside to avoid ruining yet another set, and begin digging a shelter.
You can't really circle the statue (the back of the throne and part of the back of the statue are merged with the cliff face the statue was carved out of) but you can look around it and you can climb on parts of it.
"Good start, I guess!"

Try to sneakily examine the animals behind the statue and determine if they're up to no good. You never know around here.
Ike and Irine help each other and manage to climb up towards the neck of the statue. As Ike pushes Irine up on the neck, there is a fluttering sound and three dark shapes fly out from behind the statue. Irine instinctively lunges and swats at the things, managing to grab one of them awkwardly by the wing, but has to let go of the struggling thing to help steady herself when she almost falls off the edge of the statue's neck.

The other things attempt to fly away from the statue, but seem to reconsider when they encounter the powerful winds further away from it. The struggling thing Irine caught continues its rapid flapping, joining the two other things in hiding in a hole higher up, close to the roof of the arched alcove the statue resides in. From what Irine and Ike saw and felt, they are small birds with a large wingspan and dark colour, but they can't tell more than that.

Despite signs of habitation (you find what looks and feels like a shed snake skin and some droppings, for example) there's not much else near the statue right now beyond some insects, hiding in cracks.

Several minutes of walking later, the path starts going upwards and the wind abates as you begin approaching a large, solid dark thing, contrasting the blurry darkness of the approaching storm.
((I love this writing. :3 Hello Ozymandias figurine))

Noting the opportunity, Theri took the idea before really thinking about it. "I'll keep looking around. This looks like a nice spot to camp. Though, River? Do you recognize this person?" she said, pointing at the statue head.

I shall keep exploring, or will continue leading the rest if they so wish to go along.
((I always wanted to have that giant statue there. But when I went to a museum and saw a giant Egyptian statue of some Pharaoh with its head resting close to its legs and smiling, that surreal smile of a decapitated giant and ancient stone head made me feel... I don't know how I felt, I can't put it to words. But I liked it, it intrigued me and inspired me, so I tried to recreate that feeling here. Even though it's probably much harder to convey that feeling of scale and surrealism through text.))

River approaches from his position in the back of the group and goes near the head. He touches it, letting his fingers feel its surface and its features, smoothed and partially erased by the elements. He looks at it thoughtfully for a few seconds.
"It is old. Humans do not live long. We probably have not met this human. "
"Maybe a god or a master. Forgotten or not important."
"No powerful spells on it. Little magic."
"Maybe there is something else. But I do not want to tire myself examining it with magic right now. Maybe later. Unless you feel it is important."

You follow the road as it climbs up the hill, River following a few steps behind you. When you reach the top you are once more hit by the winds of the approaching sandstorm, much stronger this time. It is even closer now. Almost upon you.

You continue following the road on a relatively flat part of the hill, but it's hard to maintain awareness of your surroundings. You are hunched forward to make walking against the wind easier, looking down with only occasional glances up to make it harder for dirt to get in your eyes. Even so, one or two particles make their way to your eyes, causing them to water as you attempt to get the dirt out.

It is during one of those glances that you spot something in the distance. A light. An yellowish light, like the light of a fire. It shines like a beacon in your night-vision, despite the dust in the air between you and it intermittently obscuring it. You're not sure how far away it is, but you think you could reach it before the storm hits. The problem is that you are not certain you could reach it and then go back to the others before the sandstorm hits. And when it does, it won't be very safe to be without shelter. Even if you do find shelter, you will probably be cut off from the others, it would just be you and River.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:36:04 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: September 17, 2015, 02:58:41 pm »

"Awwww, I wanted that bird. Oh well."
I carefully climb back down and inspect Nik's tent.
"Neat! Where's the door?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: September 17, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »

(Am I in the fight? I showed interest before)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 521