Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128005 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4830 on: August 28, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

"Come to think of it, I don't think I recall either of you.  I could be forgetting, though."

((I can't think of if John's ever specifically met Roger.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: August 28, 2015, 02:00:24 pm »

Are you going to follow the eastern road? Through the two camps? Any preference about how much you want to move or when you want to stop? Any action you want to try to perform during your trip?

Asking so that I know what happens and skip the appropriate amount of time, should you stop Alan from killing himself. EDIT: If there's no preference declared for something, I'll do what seems appropriate to me.

EDIT2: Oh, and I've linked some parts of the campaign to the second post to make them easier to find.

((Probably not through, no. Around, more like. Much in the way of detours will be had.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: August 28, 2015, 02:35:27 pm »

I don't really have a preference on who we fight, so I'll just get my dice real quick... looks like I'm voting Nick.

Also, jumping off the balcony to join the others. Feel free to make a roll for that, Paris.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: August 28, 2015, 02:38:47 pm »

Consider my vote toward consensus.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4834 on: August 28, 2015, 02:40:37 pm »

Note that you can vote/suggest with PMs if you want.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: August 28, 2015, 03:08:07 pm »

Try to avoid going anywhere near the camps.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: August 28, 2015, 04:52:28 pm »

Staging Area

You blink. When you open your eyes, a cold aluminium can of Diet Cho-Cola is now in your hand. You open it and taste it. It is chocolate flavoured.
"Well, you see, that's the hard part. This place exists because of the Games. People are brought here when they are chosen by an entity to participate in the Games. You were brought here to complete challenges for those Games, along with other people."

"Said challenges can be anything. Fights to the death between each other, protecting innocents, exploring new worlds, bringing criminals to justice, assassinating politicians, surviving the zombie apocalypse, super-powered soccer games... And they can take place anywhere, including here in the Staging Area."

"Depending on how well you do in a challenge, you gain points, points that are used by the entity that chose you to modify you as it sees fit. On certain special challenges, you can gain special rewards, depending on your actions and your performance. If you do well, succeed enough times and please the one that chose you, you get to go home and keep your upgrades. Sounds cool, right? And if you happen to die during-"

*caw* "Big bird! Duck and cover!"
Roger grabs you and forces you to duck as a glider flies above you. The man flying it lets go of it and rolls to a stop as the glider crashes on a building behind him, the rock wall unharmed by the impact. Not the most graceful landing ever, but at least he would probably come out of it unharmed if he wasn't already protected from harm.
"Is this where the party is?" the man says as he gets up and removes the dust from his clothes.
"Adventure party!"
"Hey John. Nice landing." he says with a small wave.
After seeing this spectacle, George is actually rather unfazed.  A man falling from the sky is not the strangest thing he's seen or heard today.  He stands up and turns his attention back to Roger.
"Thanks, though if we can't be hurt here, what was the point of ducking?  Oh, but more importantly, what were you saying about dying?  These challenges can kill us?"
John nodded at those he crashed beside, then waved toward the victor.  "Well done, Saevus.  Keep on keeping on.  And hello, you," he said toward Rodger.  "Have we met?  I can't recall."
"Come to think of it, I don't think I recall either of you.  I could be forgetting, though."

"So, you're John, huh?  My name is George.  I'm new here."
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: August 28, 2015, 05:23:30 pm »

now clothed again, as per the local social norm, I continue looking in other nearby houses, hoping to find a hooded cloak if I'm lucky, something with actual protective value and could hide my ears if we found ourselves talking to humans again. However, once it seems we are preparing to leave, I rejoin the group. I don't express any preference about our path, but continue looking around us, looking for signs of River. I also check on Theri, and make sure she's okay.

"River, we need you to tell us what a Bond-Former is, since we're hunting one."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:19:28 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4838 on: August 29, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »

Staging Area

White Vote: Toaster
Nick: Coolrune, Hawk
Stellar: Megggas

I don't really have a preference on who we fight, so I'll just get my dice real quick... looks like I'm voting Nick.

Also, jumping off the balcony to join the others. Feel free to make a roll for that, Paris.

You bend your legs and jump incredibly high (for a suit of armour, anyway), make a flip in mid air and land on the plazza below, cracking the stone and causing the earth to shudder slightly.

((I'm pretty sure you shared a drink in the inn before. Then again, he did change his appearance since then, so you can say it's because of that.))
You blink. When you open your eyes, a cold aluminium can of Diet Cho-Cola is now in your hand. You open it and taste it. It is chocolate flavoured.
"Well, you see, that's the hard part. This place exists because of the Games. People are brought here when they are chosen by an entity to participate in the Games. You were brought here to complete challenges for those Games, along with other people."

"Said challenges can be anything. Fights to the death between each other, protecting innocents, exploring new worlds, bringing criminals to justice, assassinating politicians, surviving the zombie apocalypse, super-powered soccer games... And they can take place anywhere, including here in the Staging Area."

"Depending on how well you do in a challenge, you gain points, points that are used by the entity that chose you to modify you as it sees fit. On certain special challenges, you can gain special rewards, depending on your actions and your performance. If you do well, succeed enough times and please the one that chose you, you get to go home and keep your upgrades. Sounds cool, right? And if you happen to die during-"

*caw* "Big bird! Duck and cover!"
Roger grabs you and forces you to duck as a glider flies above you. The man flying it lets go of it and rolls to a stop as the glider crashes on a building behind him, the rock wall unharmed by the impact. Not the most graceful landing ever, but at least he would probably come out of it unharmed if he wasn't already protected from harm.
"Is this where the party is?" the man says as he gets up and removes the dust from his clothes.
"Adventure party!"
"Hey John. Nice landing." he says with a small wave.
After seeing this spectacle, George is actually rather unfazed.  A man falling from the sky is not the strangest thing he's seen or heard today.  He stands up and turns his attention back to Roger.
"Thanks, though if we can't be hurt here, what was the point of ducking?"
"It's still inconvenient to have things crash on you. And that kind of thinking is dangerous. It's nice to keep your reflexes sharp and your guard up. To try to act normal so that you don't get used to this place and its advantages."
"Oh, but more importantly, what were you saying about dying?  These challenges can kill us?"
"Yes. But most of the time, you'll come back. I mean, look at John here. I don't think he ever got through a challenge without dying. I think the causes of death are, in order..."
Roger takes a few seconds to look up and stroke his beard as if he is thinking, before he starts quickly enumerating causes of death.
"Alan, soul-merged with a BETA, telekinetic-induced car-crash, lasered in half aaand getting crushed by a giant rock. And he won half of those. There's very few challenges that can 'kill' kill you and you'll probably be warned beforehand."
John nodded at those he crashed beside, then waved toward the victor.  "Well done, Saevus.  Keep on keeping on.  And hello, you," he said toward Rodger.  "Have we met?  I can't recall."
"So, you're John, huh?  My name is George.  I'm new here."
"Oh, I forget you're not used to psychic identifiers. Come on man! It's me!" he says while using a hand to gesture towards his chest.
He stays like that for about a second before continuing.
"Roger! The guy from the inn? I served you some food and drinks?"
"Yeah, changed my appearance a bit, got bored with the old one. Thought I'd try something a bit more Mediterranean." he says as he presents his face and body.
"I thought I'd show the new guy around a bit and explain some things before the others drive him insane, ya know?" he adds, putting his arm behind George's shoulders in a half-hug and shaking him before bringing him closer to him in what was probably meant to be a friendly gesture.

Quote from: Execute/Dumbo.exe
<character>
You wake up.

You are lying on a single bed. It feels comfortable, although its placement feels strange.
The room you are in is small and made of metal, with ice blue walls and dim white lights hidden in corners and seams.
There's a big, sturdy-looking screen replacing one of the walls of the room, showing a slowly moving starfield. There is a chair facing it, bolted securely to the floor.
There are two electronic doors on the wall, one thick, the other thin, with buttons (that you assume are) for opening them beside them.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4839 on: August 29, 2015, 01:16:01 pm »

Campaign

now clothed again, as per the local social norm, I continue looking in other nearby houses, hoping to find a hooded cloak if I'm lucky, something with actual protective value and could hide my ears if we found ourselves talking to humans again. However, once it seems we are preparing to leave, I rejoin the group. I don't express any preference about our path, but continue looking around us, looking for signs of River. I also check on Theri, and make sure she's okay.

"River, we need you to tell us what a Bond-Former is, since we're hunting one."
There is no cloak that you can find in this house. Best you could do is take a bed sheet and use it as one, if you want to. You'd look a bit weird, but humans calling you 'weird' is probably better than 'monster', right?

As you walk outside and continue your search, you realise why you were feeling uneasy. There's the smell of River's blood in the air, faint and scattered by the wind, but there. Must have been too weak for you to detect consciously. After walking around for a bit, you find the source. A bit of blood on the dirt. It looks like he made an attempt to cover it with dirt (and obfuscate his rather unique footprints), but the wind must have uncovered it. With a bit of effort, you manage to find a trail of weak scent and disturbed earth, hard to spot and harder to follow but visible if you know what you're looking for. This must mean that this is a new trail, different than the one that brought Ike here.

Do you try to follow it or return to the others? Or something else?

Campaign, Ike!

"Well, thank goodness for your flab, Alan, otherwise I might have stabbed you somewhere important."

Help bandage Alan's wound, then let's get moving out already.
Help bandage Alan and get on our way.
You use some spare cloth to make a bandage for Alan. It will at least keep him from bleeding to death, although it would probably be best if you could also disinfect the wound. Unless a member of your party knows anything about healing or medicine or herbs or similar. Because without a healer and/or medicine to take care of it, an infection could end badly. You'd need to find someone to heal him at best or someone to carry his soul-sphere at worst.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: August 29, 2015, 01:26:20 pm »

I follow River's trail without alerting the others.

((Irine knows a lot about herbs and other natural remedies actually, and I wouldn't be surprised if Theri does as well.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4841 on: August 29, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »

I follow River's trail without alerting the others.

((Irine knows a lot about herbs and other natural remedies actually, and I wouldn't be surprised if Theri does as well.))
It takes you some time and effort, following the trail on the dirt and through houses, but you manage to follow the trail to a burnt house, one of those furthest from the bar. The trail probably ends in there, you don't manage to pick it up anywhere around the house. And you can see a bit of blood inside. So he must be in there, unless he used another means of escape.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: August 29, 2015, 01:48:05 pm »

((If we find something even slightly disinfectant Nikolai could tsar it to improve the disinfectant properties.))

"There, nothing a bandage won't fix. Now where have all the fox people disappeared to? We can't leave without them. Or we could."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: August 29, 2015, 02:16:25 pm »

"Wait, don't we need stingy stuff on the owie first?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: August 29, 2015, 04:01:02 pm »

"Yeah, changed my appearance a bit, got bored with the old one. Thought I'd try something a bit more Mediterranean."

"What?  We can change our appearance here too?"

Close my eyes and wish for a full head of hair.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 521